Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Marvel has no plans for more R Rated movies after Deadpool 3.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/deadp...2717#gs.ugckhf

I am not surprised. I kind of predicted this and again some did say I will been far-fetched but I saw it coming, when I even said Disney is only making deadpool 3 by the skin of teeth and because they have no choice.

I am sorry X-Force and X-Factor fans , who were thinking disney will do more R after deadpool 3.

Oh well, I hope Deadpool 3 can go out with a bang, Ryan Reynolds deserves it, I would not be surprised if he decides to do PG 13 Deadpool movies, most actors need to work.

Also does this mean Blade will not be R? I thought that was sealed but not official?

Kevin Feige
    "We have never been held back by it," Feige said of sticking to PG-13 ratings. "If we ever are, then certainly there could be a discussion to be had …. but that just hasn't been the case yet."

Does any other Marvel movie benefit from being "R"?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Wolverine, Blade, Punisher, X-force, Something with a supervillain as the lead..They are a couple of characters and a couple of stories that could benefit. But the difference in R rating is primarily the use of more blood and cursing when we are talking about these movies specifically. It isn't as a big deal as some people would have you believe drug use, nudity and sex aren't really a thing for these movies. So it really just comes down to how much you care about Wolverine or some superhero saying f*ck and if you care seeing violence completed with blood and gore or the same action happening with it cutting away right before you the gore or blood matters to you.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-24-2021 at 03:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I am reading the fan reaction on comic book movie and they are all crying fowl because they thought they were promised an R rated Blade with Mahershala Ali

Do some marvel movies benefit R? Well given that I have said R is complex, Fox in their later years with the older cast of actors were bluring the lines between R and PG, I think it just has more to do with what you want to put in your film, this has been going on since the 1990s cartoons. However All ratings should be open with directors individually calling the shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Kevin Feige
    I think that is just Feige saving face that Disney has limited R to one movie they had no choice with . Feige has said a lot of things that never came to pass or reached what it was meant to reach.

Look at Feige's own record, he plans movies 5 years before it is out. on a given day, Deadpool 3 would have mapped out x-factor or x-force , however there are no plans because it ends with Deadpool 3.

And to think the biggest worry was once about deadpool 3 is R in name only.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-24-2021 at 04:11 PM.

From that very article you linked to:

During today's TCA, Kevin Feige revealed that there are currently no plans for more R-rated projects beyond Deadpool 3, but didn't rule it out if any specific characters or stories were to necessitate the stronger rating down the line.
    Just because they don't have any plans for it at the moment doesn't mean they won't ever do one again.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

I guess I'm the only dude in here who likes Feige's "family-friendly" approach to superhero filmmaking. I never was interested in gore, nudity and course language in comic book movies. So I'm cool with this decision.

You don't need an "R" rating to make a good Blade film. You really shouldn't need it to make a good Deadpool film but that's another story.

BANNED

Wolverine, Blade, Punisher, X-force, Something with a supervillain as the lead..They are a couple of characters and a couple of stories that could benefit. But the difference in R rating is primarily the use of more blood and cursing when we are talking about these movies specifically. It isn't as a big deal as some people would have you believe drug use, nudity and sex aren't really a thing for these movies. So it really just comes down to how much you care about Wolverine or some superhero saying f*ck and if you care seeing violence completed with blood and gore or the same action happening with it cutting away right before you the gore or blood matters to you.
    I think it is more than that, drug use, nudity and sex are not the basis of R alone.additionally they only work among if it is written well. when it is not written well you get reactions like this

Star Trek Picard is a total fail because it is trying to be what trek is not suppose to be. Wolverine, X-Men, Punisher, X-Force , many times will be better with R or stronger pg because some of the a stories will demand it to add the extra realism or more. Also DOFP had drug use, nudity and sex and stayed PG 13 not MCU PG but still PG, Although Hugh Jackman talked about the not censorship of the movie.

Maybe Hugh Jackman playing wolverine for so long and having it be a signature role for his career will be a blessing for marvel, because marvel does not have to use wolverine in their movies since toning the violence, back story and grittiness of wolverine will cause backlash, so marvel may just avoid all that with the excuse of wolverine's story has already been told and we want to focus on other characters, it's perfect for them.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-24-2021 at 03:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    You don't need an "R" rating to make a good Blade film. You really shouldn't need it to make a good Deadpool film but that's another story.
    Speaking of Blade, I just saw this news . I guess it is official. Blade reboot is PG 13

https://movieweb.com/blade-deadpool-3-ratings/
    Blade Reboot to Be Rated PG-13, Deadpool 3 Is the MCU's Only R-Rated Movie

This kind of reminds me of the new mutants issue, when some said, you dont need R to make a horror film, now I know new mutants had many issues with the push backs and reshoots and the disney/fox merge but that was still a good point.

Also Are there r rated vampire movies apart from Twilight? I also remember the last 2 twilight films blurring the R and PG lines
    Last edited by Castle; 02-24-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Speaking of Blade, I just saw this news . I guess it is official. Blade reboot is PG 13

https://movieweb.com/blade-deadpool-3-ratings/
    Blade Reboot to Be Rated PG-13, Deadpool 3 Is the MCU's Only R-Rated Movie

This kind of reminds me of the new mutants issue, when some said, you dont need R to make a horror film, now I know new mutants had many issues with the push backs and reshoots and the disney/fox merge but that was still a good point.
    Well I don't think of Blade as horror, really. But either way, the New Mutants rating wasn't that film's issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well I don't think of Blade as horror, really. But either way, the New Mutants rating wasn't that film's issue.
    No it was not the film's issue but it was an important part, horrors don't succeed with R. Blade is a vampire series. the vampire genre is another genre that does better with 99% R.

And to think what I thought will be the biggest issue with deadpool 3 is the movie with be less PG than x-men First Class, Blade is a different mammoth , What marvel should just do at this point is make a Blade R movie, and put it on Hulu.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-24-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

My theory is that Marvel Studios will eventually create a Marvel Knights division for Disney+ to have more R-Rated shows for the MCU but keep the movies family friendly. And use this to bring back both Daredevil and Punisher and maybe have a R-Rated Wolverine series.

BANNED

It isn't as a big deal as some people would have you believe drug use, nudity and sex aren't really a thing for these movies.
    Drug use, I think, is the only viable reason for one of these films to have an R rating. Captain America is, in essence, the product of drug use. Goblin formula, many goblin weapons are based on drugs. They tone it down so they don't an R rating, but would it really be a bad thing for Marvel to buck Disney on the issue the way they bucked the CCA in the late 60s in Spider-Man? Tell a good, poignant story that is difficult and challenging, and informative, to the audience.

But the same argument doesn't work if you start taking Marvel into George C. Scott Hardcore territory or 80s bloody action flicks

Doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be bad...