Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
True that you can do violence 100% in a PG films, However it is down to the believability of the violence. MCU violence has never been all that believable or convincing, I think this is the reason it's never really brought up say in comparison to a wolverine film or a batman film, also it's a scenario of less is more or more is less. for a lot of 90s cartoons, we didn't expect them to have violence, so when it did, it was worth pointing out of the good risks it took, while for some live action comic books, because the violence is so cartoony or unrealistic, some people get a bit disappointed because we did not expect things to be so toned down.

Yeah I think is is more complex, graphic violence is down to the plot of the film, that may need it or not. What will Kevin Feige do about an XMEN story like the Mutant Massacre? even if he makes it PG, It will still have to be far beyond any PG he has done with MCU movies.

Also see the past drug use issue in Spiderman 1, DOFP or First Avenger. Many comic fans are not kids, they appreciate genuine mature themes in their movies because they are already used it, even in PG or R,

Mandalorian is not Blade or X-Men, its not like the original star wars films either like Episode 3 or Episode 5, Some parts of those movies will not be found today.
Well they don't make PG films. Also other then you whos saying the violence is unbelievable? Wolverine action was bad for almost 20years before Logan. The best action scenes in any Xmem film was nightcrawler in X2 and or Quicksikver(Time in a bottle) and they were Pg13. It was cool to see Logan tearing people apart in Logan but the action itself wasn't especially great. When people are naming great Action scene from CBMs I've never heard anyone mention something from Logan. I'm not against R and the rating enhanced the story they were telling in Logan. There are equally great story's that can be told in Pg13. All depends on the script and what they are going for. If Marvel said Blade and a future Wolverine film were Rated R I'd be excited but if they say Pg 13 I'm still excited. The script determines the rating that's needed. Pusniher is the one character that would make take pause if he was Pg 13. Mostly because the brutality is half of what I enjoy about the character.