Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Games that deserve/need a remaster.

With the Mass Effect Remastered trilogy coming out soon, I thought it would be a good idea to see what games you've played in the past that could use some upgraded graphics, bugfixes, etc.

A couple for me would be;
    Fallout New Vegas. Fun game, when it works. On the console, its stable enough, but on PC, without mods, its very temperamental. With mods, well, its a big gamble if it will even run. The story line is great, the characters are interesting, the setting is unique, but the graphics have not aged well and the bugs and overall stability leave a lot to be desired.

Saints Row 1 & 2. Really, the only changes, other than incorporating a few things from SR2 to SR1, would be to update the graphics in both. Even with cheats, these games are stable enough. The graphics are the only things that really need to upgraded from them. Just about everything else, especially the customization, needs to be left alone.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

- Metal Gear Solid 1-3 (Come on Konami, stop being dicks.)
    - Prisoner of War (Great WW2 game from Codemasters where you escape from iconic POW camps like Stalag Luft and Colditz.)
    - Shadow of Memories/Destiny (Time Travel Murder Mystery game. Also Konami so...)
    - Timesplitters Trilogy
    - Tenchu: Stealth Assassin 1/2
    - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1/2
    - Ape Escape
    - Assassins Creed (2007)
    - Fallout 3

No game needs a remake more than Xenogears and I'll die on that hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Fallout New Vegas. Fun game, when it works. On the console, its stable enough, but on PC, without mods, its very temperamental. With mods, well, its a big gamble if it will even run. The story line is great, the characters are interesting, the setting is unique, but the graphics have not aged well and the bugs and overall stability leave a lot to be desired.
    Luckily, you can get New Vegas looking pretty decent. Better animations and even ragdoll physics can be modded in.

I'm torn. I love New Vegas and it could definitely benefit from a remaster/remake, but there are so many great mods that I don't think I could play without anymore.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 02-24-2021 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    No game needs a remake more than Xenogears and I'll die on that hill.

Luckily, you can get New Vegas looking pretty decent. Better animations and even ragdoll physics can be modded in.

I'm torn. I love New Vegas and it could definitely benefit from a remaster/remake, but there are so many great mods that I don't think I could play without anymore.
    I actually just tried to start up New Vegas from Steam. The only mods I had in where bug fixers. I would get to the settings menu before launching the game, made sure the DLC was selected, clicked play game,... And only got the menu to reload all over again.

iMan 42s

Predator Concrete Jungle is a game a lot of fans have wanted to see remade or at the very least a remaster. Illfonic might even be the prime candidate to do it for a remake or at the very least a spiritual successor.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    - Metal Gear Solid 1-3 (Come on Konami, stop being dicks.)
    - Prisoner of War (Great WW2 game from Codemasters where you escape from iconic POW camps like Stalag Luft and Colditz.)
    - Shadow of Memories/Destiny (Time Travel Murder Mystery game. Also Konami so...)
    - Timesplitters Trilogy
    - Tenchu: Stealth Assassin 1/2
    - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1/2
    - Ape Escape
    - Assassins Creed (2007)
    - Fallout 3
    Yeah, the original AC is pretty much the only PS3-era title that hasn't gotten an upgrade. It's story and gameplay isn't exactly up to the Ezio and later stuff but it'd still be nice.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yeah, the original AC is pretty much the only PS3-era title that hasn't gotten an upgrade. It's story and gameplay isn't exactly up to the Ezio and later stuff but it'd still be nice.
    While it was fun for its time, even back then, the missions were incredibly repetitive. Though it did lay the groundwork for future games in the series.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Darkstalkers. All three games. And while we're at it, Mega Man ZX (and ZX Advent), too. Come on, Capcom, you've got more in your arsenal than just Street Fighter, start using it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Definitely, my choice is Scott Adams' Questprobe (1984/1985):

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-28-2023 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think a remastered version with a wider scope and better side content would be awesome. I would love to run about that era again and see how it would be as a modern AC game.

Maybe they can redub Altair too. His first voice was kind of bland, they replaced him for Revelations.

Kind of wonder if they just rebuilt the game from the ground up, if they'd get Kristen Bell back.

BTW what about Red Dead Redemption I? They pretty much recreated New Austin and West Elizabeth in Red Dead II so that's half the game's map already.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-26-2021 at 09:12 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Well, I think remakes would be better, but even with a few relatively minor tweaks and some more polish, a remastered version of Phantasy Star 1-3 could get really close to the standards of Phantasy Star 4, and the nigh-perfect (IMO) Phantasy Star 4 could get even better.

Also, I'd like to see GrimGrimoire and the Shin Megmi Tensei: Raidou Kuzunoha 1 & 2, as well as Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 remade/remastered for modern consoles.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

wild 9

blasto (w/ billy west to replace phil hartman)

Extraordinary Member

Max Payne 3. The game and the multiplayer were really good barring horrible laggers which Rockstar seems to support.. Should be updated for ps4 with a good servers and no big dog ability.

Ultimate Member

Bloodrayne 1 or 2...