Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Priest is who got me into Black Panther and then decades later got me to give a damn about Deathstroke.

He needs more work!
    Agreed and co-signed!!!

Same here, absolutely!!!!

He is currently writing US Agent for Marvel ....and Vamparella and Sacred Six titles for Dynamite.

Please check them out.

Incredible Member

Yeah, his early BP issues were fantastic. I also loved the Falcon story he wrote as Jim Owsley (the one where he fought a Sentinel). Great stuff. I'm not a big fan of U.S. Agent though. Is it really good?

latest review of the U.S. Agent series, final issue--

https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-r...pangled-mayhem
    Recap
    When unrest turns to violent outbursts in homeland America, who better to call than American diehard U.S. Agent? Who is the enemy? Who is stirring up strife? Who are these mysterious metahumans in the midst and how are they involved? Our boy John Walker has a lot of questions, a little time and scant on answers. Are the problems of modern America too tangled to be unwoven by one man or can he make the differences he always set out to make?

new Marvel Omnibus Conan collection, scheduled for September.
    Priest (J. Owsley) is the writer!

CONAN THE BARBARIAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL. 7 HC YU COVER
    Written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST with DON KRAAR
    Penciled by JOHN BUSCEMA & VAL SEMEIKS with ERNIE CHAN & MIKE DOCHERTY
    Covers by LEINIL FRANCIS YU & JOHN BUSCEMA
    He was the writer that would put Black Panther back on the map of popularity in the late ’90s, but in the ’80s, Christopher Priest was editing—and writing—tales of Conan the Barbarian! The seventh volume in this popular Omnibus series collects the first half of Priest’s run, as the writer assembles a cast of engaging supporting characters around Conan, including the haunted Tetra and the courageous Captain Delmuro, sending them in pursuit of treasure held by the wicked thief, Keiv. Priest also introduces to the color series one of the great super-villains in Marvel’s Conan mythos—the Devourer of Souls. The dark reaver is one of Conan’s most formidable foes, and their legendary battles begin here! Collecting CONAN THE BARBARIAN (1970) #172-194 & ANNUAL (1973) #10-11.
    680 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93432-3
    Trim Size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8
    CONAN THE BARBARIAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL. 7 HC JOHN BUSCEMA COVER [DM ONLY]
    680 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93433-0
    Trim Size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8

BANNED

Heroic Inspirations: Black Panther

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I'd be curious to read him on Daredevil, once Zadarsky is done.
    Sounds interesting. Here's a sample of Priest's DD from...

The Amazing Spider-Man #287

BANNED

Today is Christopher Priest's 60th birthday! https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Christopher_Priest

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I 100% support Marvel giving Priest a new ongoing book or 3. Let it be a high-profile title like a Spider-Man or X-Men book because the guy is SO talented he deserves no less.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Joe Quesada's interview with Christopher Priest:

Joe Q's Mornin' Warm Up W/ Christopher Priest! | Issue #22
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Ive read USAgent and Black Panther. I 100% support Mr.Priest getting another ongoing. Hopefully a solo.

Like Daredevil.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

We need some more Priest magic
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    The guy that intentionally screwed up Tom DeFalco's Hobgoblin plans and then fired him from Amazing Spider-Man? Um, no thanks. Even as a kid reading the issues as they came out I knew whoever was guiding the books was way off, and the problem wasn't DeFalco as I feel the combined Stern/DeFalco run on Amazing is comics at it's finest.

http://lamerciepark.com/legacy/comics/spidey.html

http://www.comicscube.com/2015/08/th...hobgoblin.html
    I just watched something on this the other day. Yeah Priest (or as he was know then Jerry Owsley) was way to young and way to immature to have had the editor job back then. It is a good vid to watch.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 12-25-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Honestly, they should let him write whoever he wants to write a soon as its available. Barring that, give him a list of characters to play with and let him do whatever he wants with them. :P

I can't believe he was able to get away with creating Red Lion, let alone managing to imbue the character with depth. Red Lion is....not a nice person but is a very fascinating character. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-r...n/4005-131888/
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I’ve wanted Priest on Suicide Squad for a while, but if he can’t get that book Marvel should put him on Thunderbolts. He’d kill it on a villains book, his Deathstroke run was aces.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/