Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This guy was the face WWE for awhile

I honestly don't know who they are pushing now. What a wrestler look like varies quite a bit today. Our ideal of "strong" looks different today

Individually on its own fine in a way, but when you surround him with other heroes it would look dated because this era has a design theme. Look at Shazam

When other heroes around looking like this someone is going to look out of place, some people might call superman's look "a classic" I don't disagree but with everyone running with a certain design theme he will look out of place. 78 Camaro or Ford Mustang Shelby are classics but it looks out of place compared to cars today. People today general prefer the newer designs for cars. Does that make sense?
    I feel like Hoechlin looks good enough in the suit that he wouldn't stand out that much next to the other Arrowverse heroes.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I agree on both counts. Unlike the trunks, the capes are too iconic to get rid of at this point, Robanker.
    Jon Kent looks better without it, though.
    This guy was the face WWE for awhile
    Roman reigns is wearing basically a vest and pants.i fine with superman having a look like that.I much prefered the t-shirt and jeans look.it was very working class.But,enough with armour nonsense.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-05-2021 at 10:54 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

Nah, cape works better for Jon too.

And Clark's costume looks far less armor-like than it once did, especially in comparison with the other major Leaguers.

Nah! i prefer the future state look,I hate that hairstyle in armoured look especially.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-09-2021 at 12:36 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I think Jon looks better with a cape as well.

Debates about capes and trunks aside, one character I thought of recently was General J.E.B. Stuart and the Haunted Tank. Given the reexamination of the Confederacy and what they represented, I don't think making a Confederate general a hero, even in ghost form, particularly works anymore...especially considering J.E.B. Stuart was a real guy who definitely fought against the "Northern Aggression." Maybe they should exorcise the Haunted Tank and put a different soldier ghost behind the wheel.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Debates about capes and trunks aside, one character I thought of recently was General J.E.B. Stuart and the Haunted Tank. Given the reexamination of the Confederacy and what they represented, I don't think making a Confederate general a hero, even in ghost form, particularly works anymore...especially considering J.E.B. Stuart was a real guy who definitely fought against the "Northern Aggression." Maybe they should exorcise the Haunted Tank and put a different soldier ghost behind the wheel.
    They tried an update with an African-American tank commander being haunted by the Confederate General's ghost in the modern day, but I have no idea if it was any good or not. I think it was one of those New 52 titles that got lost in the glut of titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think Jon looks better with a cape as well.
    Too much flying paragony for me.This feels like the kid can actually jump around or glide.Superman was better he leaped and did crazy stunts for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    They tried an update with an African-American tank commander being haunted by the Confederate General's ghost in the modern day, but I have no idea if it was any good or not. I think it was one of those New 52 titles that got lost in the glut of titles.
    Yeesh...that sounds like a situation that could go bad real fast if not written/edited with extreme care and caution. I still think better to jettison Stuart overall and put a new ghost in there, though who it could be, I have no idea. Maybe it'd be smart to use a DC character's ghost (like Sgt. Rock or one of the Losers) versus a real-life person, as a number of those tend to have their own problems tied to their legacy. Not sure I want to see Patton's ghost barking at a young tank driver.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Yeesh...that sounds like a situation that could go bad real fast if not written/edited with extreme care and caution. I still think better to jettison Stuart overall and put a new ghost in there, though who it could be, I have no idea. Maybe it'd be smart to use a DC character's ghost (like Sgt. Rock or one of the Losers) versus a real-life person, as a number of those tend to have their own problems tied to their legacy. Not sure I want to see Patton's ghost barking at a young tank driver.
    I'm curious to give it a read at some point. I assume it's on DC Infinite, right?

Looks like I was wrong about it being New 52. It was Vertigo.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Nah! i prefer the future state look,I hate that hairstyle in armoured look especially.
    This is sexier, and differentiate him from Super Clark, kinda like Batman Beyond to Batman

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I dug the idea of Jon's Superman suit not having the cape. I don't feel Jon tries to be as aspirational as Kal was, the capeless look communicates that more "human" feel to his Superman. plus, the cape feels tacked on when they do include it to the design imo.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Nah, cape works better for Jon too.

And Clark's costume looks far less armor-like than it once did, especially in comparison with the other major Leaguers.

Man Yara's suit is the best design to come out of DC in a while.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Man Yara's suit is the best design to come out of DC in a while.
    the batgirl redesign awhile back was on point.

the batgirl redesign awhile back was on point.
    Which one?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8