Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default MCU Captain Marvel vs. MonsterVerse Godzilla

Haven't seen King of Monsters, but as far as I remember 2014 Godzilla, I think this should be a good matchup.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Haven't seen King of Monsters, but as far as I remember 2014 Godzilla, I think this should be a good matchup.
    Remembering what she does to giant warships, I’m thinking it’s a short fight.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Ultimate Member

MCU Captain Marvel is far too fast, durable and explodey.

She could dive bomb Godzilla from orbit without him being able to do much.

Captain Marvel > Godzilla > Bambi

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Captain Marvel > Godzilla > Bambi
    Going to say again that we need a like button.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Seems stalemate. MCU Cap Marvel can avoid Godzilla all day, but she doesn't have the feats to do anything to 100,000 ton Kaiju imo, she's certainly not flying through him. Especially after the boost he got from KOTM.

Both seem to run on nearly limitless amounts of energy so this fight will take forever.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Seems stalemate. MCU Cap Marvel can avoid Godzilla all day, but she doesn't have the feats to do anything to 100,000 ton Kaiju imo, she's certainly not flying through him. Especially after the boost he got from KOTM.

Both seem to run on nearly limitless amounts of energy so this fight will take forever.
    Basically this.

She cant hurt him and he cant hit her.

He really is tremendously, stupidly durable.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

CM can probably were him down after a long fight so I'll go with her but things will probably change after GvK comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    CM can probably were him down after a long fight so I'll go with her but things will probably change after GvK comes out.
    I disagree that she can particularly hurt him in the first place.

This is a creature who eats blows from other creatures that routinely throw out "natural disaster +" damage and seems mostly fine. These are city buster level creatures probably in Class 90 or so. She just hasn't shown that level of oomph yet for me personally.

Like, he gets hit with 3 times as much energy as what was required to one shot a creature who can trigger volcanic eruptions and no sell the resulting explosions and is still ready to fight afterwards.

Even the smallest MUTO (the male) created a 6.3 scale earthquake when waking up. Godzilla tanked many many blows from it and its larger mate despite their EMP taking the wind out of its sails.

MUTO Prime (from the canon comics) was also generating massive earthquakes with its fists but Godzilla shrugged off its first major hit, no problem. Prime required multiple nuclear power ups before it could match him.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Godzilla also survived the Castle Bravo nuclear explosion, so Carol better be swinging some powerful blasts.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Godzilla also survived the Castle Bravo nuclear explosion, so Carol better be swinging some powerful blasts.
    As an important follow up to that feat and to provide context (because I can predict the future and know what people are gonna say), NO, nukes do not power him up.

They didn't during the multiple tests in the 50's, they didn't during the much more modern "Awakening" comic and so forth.

A nuke only puts out like 10% of its total energy in the form of ionizing radiation anyways. The rest is just hot, exploding kinetic suck.

The only reason the nuke in KOTM gave him a power up is because it broke his underwater temple home and allowed him to absorb all the radiation at once instead of over years. Its literally the only explanation that works within the context of his universe and his history with nuclear weapons.
    - big_adventure

Ultimate Member

Given Zilla's size, Carol can just fly straight through his eye and into brain and do the explodey thing there.

Carol can take down Godzilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Given Zilla's size, Carol can just fly straight through his eye and into brain and do the explodey thing there.

Carol can take down Godzilla.
    His eye, being as durable as the rest of him*, will not allow her some easy access for an insta kill.

*seriously, his eyes are wide open as he stares directly at ground zero into a nuclear bomb.
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Carol, on a point of impact the size of her fists, hits massively harder than a "small" nuclear bomb like the ones Zilla has tanked. A nuke has a gigantic amount of force, but it's applying 360 degrees. Carol is hitting with a directed shot over a handful of square inches.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Godzilla tanked Castle Bravo. It doesn't look like Carol can hit harder than a 15 megaton nuclear explosion (and she'd need to in order to plausibly hurt Godzilla--killing him outright requires even more impressive levels of evidence).