Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Carol, on a point of impact the size of her fists, hits massively harder than a "small" nuclear bomb like the ones Zilla has tanked. A nuke has a gigantic amount of force, but it's applying 360 degrees. Carol is hitting with a directed shot over a handful of square inches.
    I dont like the logic here. We haven't seen her hit something with her fists harder then a nuke. Also, castle bravo wasn't small.

Put another way, Ghidorah's beams are only hitting a small portion of whatever Kaiju they strike. They can one shot a Kaiju who sits unharmed in pyroclastic eruptions and is strong enough to trigger said eruptions with his struggles and can bust up a city without even touching it.

3 simultaneously fired beams on this level, all hitting the same small concentrated spot dont particularly put Godzilla out of a fight. Not like the single beam did to Rodan.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 02-27-2021 at 12:29 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    His eye, being as durable as the rest of him*, will not allow her some easy access for an insta kill.

*seriously, his eyes are wide open as he stares directly at ground zero into a nuclear bomb.
    Godzilla looking at a nuclear bomb isn't the same thing as a concentrated, superhot, superdurable object flying directly into his eye.

I haven't seen Godzilla's eyes withstand that sort of concentrated power straight into his eyes.

Even taking away his eyes, she can fly straight into his nostrils with similar results.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Godzilla looking at a nuclear bomb isn't the same thing as a concentrated, superhot, superdurable object flying directly into his eye.

I haven't seen Godzilla's eyes withstand that sort of concentrated power straight into his eyes.

Even taking away his eyes, she can fly straight into his nostrils with similar results.
    Do you feel that Captain Marvel can just punch straight through DCEU Doomsday and Superman?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Also, Godzilla's internals are every bit as durable as the rest of him. It's not like his organs turned into jelly when he was dropped from orbit - bouncing around against his impervious hide.

Double also, flying into a giant atomic furnace is probably not a good idea. Dude lights himself up on frequent occasions, with visible energy pouring out of his gills, mouth, eyes, back and even skin.
    - big_adventure

Also, Godzilla's internals are every bit as durable as the rest of him. It's not like his organs turned into jelly when he was dropped from orbit - bouncing around against his impervious hide.

Double also, flying into a giant atomic furnace is probably not a good idea. Dude lights himself up on frequent occasions, with visible energy pouring out of his gills, mouth, eyes, back and even skin.
    Yea but Captain Marvel is small, and can hit a lot less hard than Castle Bravo! So Godzilla loses!
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Yea but Captain Marvel is small, and can hit a lot less hard than Castle Bravo! So Godzilla loses!
    It makes so much sense. How could I have been so blind! Feats of offensive power dont matter cuz she smol! ;P
    - big_adventure

It makes so much sense. How could I have been so blind! Feats of offensive power dont matter cuz she smol! ;P
    Exactly!

TAKE THAT, HIGH-END FEATS CONSISTENT WITH A CHARACTER'S PRESENTATION. IT'S INACCURATE FEAT REPRESENTATION'S TIME TO SHINE.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Ultimate Member

Do you feel that Captain Marvel can just punch straight through DCEU Doomsday and Superman?
    Definitely not.

But I'm a bit iffy on Godzilla's innards being super durable.

An argument could be made that him shooting super lasers from the inside does suggest he has inner durability. I'm not convinced that his brain for example is as tough as his hide.

If one could enter him (heh), i think it's possible he could take damage from the inside (that sounds so weird).

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Definitely not.

But I'm a bit iffy on Godzilla's innards being super durable.

An argument could be made that him shooting super lasers from the inside does suggest he has inner durability. I'm not convinced that his brain for example is as tough as his hide.

If one could enter him (heh), i think it's possible he could take damage from the inside (that sounds so weird).
    There's nothing at all to imply he's not as durable on the inside as he is on the outside, and considering his insides are, generally, part of what gets lit up when he turns into a walking Chernobyl; it's safer to assume he's as durable on the inside as he is on the outside.

Arx Inosaan

Godzilla's insides weren't liquified by the Oxygen Destroyer, which further proves he's insanely durable on the outside and inside.

To prove Captain Marvel can hurt Godzilla, you'll need to cite a specific feat of her offensively damaging someone or something a nuclear bomb couldn't.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Once again, I will continue to posit that Carol's force on a space the size of her fists is significantly higher than the amount of force any one small part of Zilla would suffer from a small nuke. It's always the argument that crops up with comparing explosions to punches. Carol doesn't have to hit harder than the entirety of the force of Castle Bravo, because her entire force can be concentrated in one small point.

Exactly how much force is that? It's difficult to judge precisely. We know by feats that Thanos is a fair bit stronger than Hulk or Thor, and that Carol is a large step stronger than Thanos. We know that Hulk can one-shot space whales, suplex Fenris, hit giant Surtur hard enough to make him feel it and break... Harlem? We know that Carol trivially flies through massive interstellar warships that can at the least smash through massive buildings without taking any damage at all, while shrunken and expanding after leaving the Quantum Realm. We know that she can catch multi-hundred-ton planet-screwy-uppy missiles and send them packing despite them being under thrust. We know that she can take and ignore the combined firepower of a ship that was basically destroying the battlefield inhabited by a number of massively powerful beings - she flew through that without slowing and destroyed the ship. Those big Kree ships are seen as threats to planets, at least to life on those planets, and they run around and flee when Carol looks at them funny, before she had the slightest clue of her limits.

To me that kind of stuff says "can fly a hole straight through Zilla." Mileage may very.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Once again, I will continue to posit that Carol's force on a space the size of her fists is significantly higher than the amount of force any one small part of Zilla would suffer from a small nuke. It's always the argument that crops up with comparing explosions to punches. Carol doesn't have to hit harder than the entirety of the force of Castle Bravo, because her entire force can be concentrated in one small point.

Exactly how much force is that? It's difficult to judge precisely. We know by feats that Thanos is a fair bit stronger than Hulk or Thor, and that Carol is a large step stronger than Thanos. We know that Hulk can one-shot space whales, suplex Fenris, hit giant Surtur hard enough to make him feel it and break... Harlem? We know that Carol trivially flies through massive interstellar warships that can at the least smash through massive buildings without taking any damage at all, while shrunken and expanding after leaving the Quantum Realm. We know that she can catch multi-hundred-ton planet-screwy-uppy missiles and send them packing despite them being under thrust. We know that she can take and ignore the combined firepower of a ship that was basically destroying the battlefield inhabited by a number of massively powerful beings - she flew through that without slowing and destroyed the ship. Those big Kree ships are seen as threats to planets, at least to life on those planets, and they run around and flee when Carol looks at them funny, before she had the slightest clue of her limits.

To me that kind of stuff says "can fly a hole straight through Zilla." Mileage may very.
    Godzilla ignored Castle Bravo, a 15 megaton nuke; dropped square on its face.

You're really gonna argue Carol has MORE than that kind of force?

Arx Inosaan

Technically, a strong punch has more force than a bullet. You still don't see people punching through people's ribcages, Mortal Kombat style, because dispersion and concentration of force is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Technically, a strong punch has more force than a bullet. You still don't see people punching through people's ribcages, Mortal Kombat style, because dispersion and concentration of force is a thing.
    Thats a good basic principle sure, but it doesn't really factor into the fact that her punches won't be able to hurt the nuke taking monster. As others have already pointed out Legendary Godzilla can tank damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Thats a good basic principle sure, but it doesn't really factor into the fact that her punches won't be able to hurt the nuke taking monster. As others have already pointed out Legendary Godzilla can tank damage.
    This... did not address my point at all.