Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Bleeding Cool: DC to Launch Supergirl: Woman Of Tomorrow in June

Finally, Kara’s getting her book back. Great, I wonder who the creative team will be? Bennett?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah this sounds awesome, can’t wait to see who is on it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Awesome! Maybe they'll keep it rolling with the Marguerites...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

Excellent news. Title makes it sound like a digital book (or perhaps a mini). Also seems like it's trying to transition her to the Superwoman title. Overall intrigued.

Glad to see Kara getting a book .
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Excellent news. Title makes it sound like a digital book (or perhaps a mini). Also seems like it's trying to transition her to the Superwoman title. Overall intrigued.
    Man, I hope not. Although I do find it kind of weird they keep Supergirl but go "woman of tomorrow" instead of "girl of tomorrow."

Usually with Kara I see "Girl of Steel" instead of "Man of Steel," at least when they don't go with "Maid of Might."

Can we just call her superwoman, or make Karen powerwoman, and it's not a Lil weird to everyone else thst Kara is moving toward being "woman", while still younger than Karen, and Karen is still going by powergirl?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I was wondering when Kara would get another book. Good to hear. Hopefully it's one I can get on board with.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

DC keeps doing digital first and anthology books lately, so hopefully this will just be a regular monthly book with a solid creative team. I'm glad we are finally getting another superman family book, especially with PKJ's event coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Can we just call her superwoman, or make Karen powerwoman, and it's not a Lil weird to everyone else thst Kara is moving toward being "woman", while still younger than Karen, and Karen is still going by powergirl?
    Power Girl rolls off the tongue better.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Power Girl rolls off the tongue better.
    I agree, but I also admit I've got over twenty years of Power Girl baked into my brain so there's that.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This all comes down to the approach for me. Historically, Supergirl has almost never managed to sustain an ongoing solo title for long. I'll give it a shot, as I have for every other Supergirl title they've tried, but my hopes are not particularly high.

Maybe, one day, someone will crack the code and figure out how to make Supergirl work as a solo character without lifting elements wholesale from Superman, but I haven't seen it done yet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Back in the late 90s, early 2000s, when DC was making present day changes to match the Kingdom Come future (from Metal Men combining to form Alloy, to Atom Smasher, to golden Cyborg, to Roy Harper Red Arrow, etc) I was always surprised they didn’t rename her Power Woman like in Kingdom Come.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Back in the late 90s, early 2000s, when DC was making present day changes to match the Kingdom Come future (from Metal Men combining to form Alloy, to Atom Smasher, to golden Cyborg, to Roy Harper Red Arrow, etc) I was always surprised they didn’t rename her Power Woman like in Kingdom Come.

Well thst was in Linearverse where kingdom come happened? Lol
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Maybe, one day, someone will crack the code and figure out how to make Supergirl work as a solo character without lifting elements wholesale from Superman, but I haven't seen it done yet.
    Peter David would like a word with you in the kitchen...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES