Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Is anybody here going to get this? I think I will skep this
    Hmm, let's see....an event where the Avengers never existed, but there's zero mention of Blue Marvel, who according to the new chronology would have been around in the now voided decade of the 1960s? As much as I like the thought of seeing Sabra and Frenzy on an X-team, I'm going to pass on this event.

It's an "Oh, hell no!!!" for me, Chuck.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Hope they release a checklist for all of these one shots

BANNED

No, the original Heroes Reborn was pretty awful to begin with, as was most of the stuff in the 90's, so i am really not looking for a Jason Aaron spin off on it, especially he is just doing a Justice League comic for Marvel...

To top it all of it's not canon, so meh... Alternative universes stories are only worth while when you get to see all your beloved and protected heroes get butchered mercilessly.

Mighty Member

these are all pretty cool teams and concepts they're rolling out. I really wasn't expecting this thing to be as wide spread. Seems like they're reimagining every single character. I can't think of any glaring omissions yet, other than someone like Blue Marvel

Whose writing this?

I'm wondering how the history of Falcon is changed in this, since the setting is Washington, DC. What major bridges are even out there?

Astonishing Member

I have been skipping all Marvel events for years now, but I have always been a fan of the Squadron (with exception of Supreme Power-- which was too far off the original concept). So yes, I'm getting it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Uh, no. I'll get it because I've always loved the Squadron Supreme/Sinister, and I think it will be a fun read. Not a fan of Aaron's Avengers run, but this newest iteration of the SS was the most interesting thing he's introduced in the book. If you want to skip it, fine. Stop assuming everyone likes the same things you do.
    Same.

I page through an issue just to see if the Squadron is involved. I was also interested in the Winter Guard, but they disappeared pretty fast.

I really don't want to get this, but I'm torn. I really enjoy the Squadron Supreme (not Squadron Sinister) but the version Aaron has created is not to my liking. I rather read about Hickman's Hyperion, the original Nighthawk, Blur from the New Universe, or Speed Demon (who this latest version may well be), and the either the Great Society's or Dr. Martha Gomes Doctor Spectrum. And this Power Princess is way too similar to the violent-happy Wonder Woman trope DC loves to do. But who I really want are the 712 SS. But I doubt we'll ever see the heroic SS ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Whose writing this?
    Unfortunately Jason Aaron is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Unfortunately Jason Aaron is.
    Well to hell with it then!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Hmm, let's see....an event where the Avengers never existed, but there's zero mention of Blue Marvel, who according to the new chronology would have been around in the now voided decade of the 1960s? As much as I like the thought of seeing Sabra and Frenzy on an X-team, I'm going to pass on this event.

It's an "Oh, hell no!!!" for me, Chuck.
    No offence, but I don't care if Blue Marvel is in it or not. Characters like him and Sentry were shoehorned into continuity, but you know as well as I do that the character WASN'T part of the Marvel Universe for the first several decades. I see no reason to get upset if he's not included in every story.