Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Which Infinite Frontier books are you going to be picking up?

Are you going to try any books you weren't reading before? How did you handle previous relaunches like New 52 and Rebirth? Do you buy everything? What are you most excited about? Are you dropping any book you were previously reading?

Wonder Woman and probably Green Lantern.

Digital:
    Sensational Wonder Woman
    Superman '78
    Superman: Red and Blue
    Batman '89

What I'm reading can and probably will shift but for now this is what I'm trying

-Nightwing
    -Robin
    -Next Batman: Second Son
    -Flash
    -Green Lantern
    -Swamp Thing
    -Suicide Squad
    -Teen Titans Academy
    -Wondergirl
    -Still trying to pick between Action Comics and Superman, probably Superman because I like Clark and Jon adventures.

As for why I am reading them it is because either they are characters that I like already like Nightwing, Damian, Wally West, Conner Kent, and John Stewart or they enticed me in Future State with story ideas and I want to see the newer characters grow as someone who loves legacy and dc history. I'm not really dropping anything, what I read before is either cancelled or brought back with infinite frontier.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I might end up picking up a few but nothing definite at the moment.

Is Infinite Frontier really going to be like an entire reworking of ALL DC main universe titles the same way New52 and Rebirth were?

Justice League but its conditional to what I see in the first issues.

Spectacular Member

They're not advertising it as such. And things like the fact that some series aren't getting a new Number #1 issue would make it seem less like a reboot (and it's not really a reboot the way New 52/Post-Crisis was.

But it's also more of a relaunch than things like the Marvel Legacy.

I would compare this to the All-New era of Marvel after AVX where a ton of creative teams swapped and each book had a pretty new direction to go in

So far...

Nightwing
    Robin
    Justice League
    Wonder Girl
    Joker
    Stargirl Spring Break Special

Really hoping for some Beetle & Booster/JLI goodness coming up.

Astonishing Member

Nightwing, Robin, Joker, Swamp-Thing, Superman/Action Comics, Wonder Girl, Suicide Squad, Titans Academy. I'm still not sure about Batman/'Tec (but I will get Taylor's Detective, of course) and Justice League.
    And I'm still waiting for JSA and Green Arrow, yeah, I'm optimist, I'm aware of that.

Titans Academy, Suicide Squad and Wonder Girl so far. Maybe Justice League and Green Lantern depending of the first issue.

The only Infinite Frontier book that I continue from last year is Catwoman because I jumped back on when Ram V started his run. Technically also Nightwing because I picked up the October & December Issues.

Plan to pick up regularly:
    Sensational WW
    Wonder Woman
    Catwoman
    Nightwing
    Wonder Girl

Trade Waiting:
    Swamp Thing
    Next BM: Second Son
    Green Lantern
    JL Dark (if it gets a solo trade)
    ... maybe TT Academy

I wasn't really looking forward to Rebirth when it happened, except on the Wonder Woman side of things. The only three books I picked up past their first three Issues were WW, Green Lantern, and Nightwing.
    I enjoyed the DCYou phase more.

Incredible Member

I'm currently planning

DEFINITELY
    Batman- I've been digging what Tynion's doing and am interested in his current plans, new characters and the big Scarecrow story
    The Joker- I rolled my eyes when this got announced,, but what Tynion's said about it has intrigued me, with Gordon's hunt for Joker. Plus, I'm in for the Punchline back-up, as I really liked her One-Shot.
    The Next Batman: Second Son- I'm getting this one in its weekly, digital-first form. I'm interested to see what Ridley does with Jace and the rest of the Fox family

LIKELY
    Robin- I've always liked Damian and glad to see him get another solo; Williamson's excitement also has me excited

MAYBE
    Batman Urban Legends- I like the idea of an ongoing Anthology that can give space to Bat-family members without their own book, but the price is making me debate. I'm interested in the Red Hood and Grifter stories, but not so much the Outsiders one.
    Nightwing- I was planning to trade wait this one, but Taylor's passion for the series and the overall excitement around the series has me considering

TRADE WAITING
    Harley Quinn
    Catwoman
    Detective Comics

I've really been liking what the Bat writers have been saying, and am glad to see they seem to be trying to work together and make Gotham feel cohesive. I'm also really interested to see where Tynion goes, now that he's not stuck setting up for Future Slate, but gets to tell his own story. He's mentioned his three year plan, and seeing Batman and The Joker collide at the end of it, and I'm here for it.

I'll do what I did for New52 and Rebirth: give each series an issue to wow me and drop it if it doesn't. So I'll be picking up everything and then dropping a lot accordingly.

I’ll prob. just stick w. the books I was getting prior to all this malarkey.

Batman
    Superman
    Action Comics
    Wonder Woman
    Flash
    Nightwing
    Various ongoing minis.
    Gonna give Robin a try, as well as The Crime Sundicate mini.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Existing Pull List:

Action Comics
    Superman
    Detective Comics
    Batman
    Nightwing
    Catwoman
    Wonder Woman
    The Flash
    Green Lantern
    Justice League