Mighty Member

Default American remakes of foreign movies and TV shows you wanna see?

Would love an American version of The Club, a 1980 Aussie football movie where : Boardroom and dressing-room intrigues spill on to the field at the Australian Rules football club. (IMDB)
    Its a lot like Any Given Sunday where legendary players face their final days and a promising new talent is caught in a messy scandal (sound familiar?)

also Little Lunch . TV Mocumentary about Aussie elementary school kids and their playtime hijinks.

Others?

Gamera and Ultraman are two Japanese kaiju franchises I'd like to see with big budget Hollywood CGI ala the new Godzilla movies.

Kind of in the opposite direction, I'd love to see a Japanese tokusatsu version of Batman...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Gamera and Ultraman are two Japanese kaiju franchises I'd like to see with big budget Hollywood CGI ala the new Godzilla movies.

Kind of in the opposite direction, I'd love to see a Japanese tokusatsu version of Batman...
    In agreement with you about kaiju getting the Hollywood/CGI treatment, I'd also include...

Spectreman
    (スペクトルマン, Supekutoruman)

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-25-2021 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Mighty Member

Monster by Naoki Urasawa. Surgeon saves a mysterious boy's life. Boy becomes a cold blooded killer who frames the doctor for his crimes. Doc becomes like "the Fugitive" and must deal with him..

Custody (France) Woman fights ex for their son. Father is a 'respected member of the community" with some dark secrets...

Extras. So much potential in a US tv/film rich setting.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post

I'd love to see Daimajin, a period version of Kaiju film with Native Americans, Vikings, and Pilgrims

Astonishing Member

Big Man Japan would be interesting.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Big Man Japan would be interesting.
    that movie was so wacky japanese ,it could only work in japan, no where else.

Accident

A movie about a hitman who kills his targets by causing "accidents". The idea is pretty great but the execution was lacking. I think a good hollywood director with a decent budget would do a better job.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    that movie was so wacky japanese ,it could only work in japan, no where else.
    The same could be said about Super Sentai. Jury's still out on that though.