Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    why do you have to ask such a hurtful question
    I'm not happy about it either .
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    not only a human but a mutant....anyway....that would make Thor just a demigod even thought I'm not really an expert on the dynamics involving female ovulation and phoenix possession.
    Aaron either dislikes gods so much that he wants to downplay Thor as one or he wants to complete his HercuThor transformation by making him a demigod like Hercules.

I hate it.

not only a human but a mutant....anyway....that would make Thor just a demigod even thought I'm not really an expert on the dynamics involving female ovulation and phoenix possession.
    only if he has the X gene lol so he probably isn't even that.

only if he has the X gene lol.
    I was referring to the Cavewoman, I wouldn't make Thor an actual mutant event in my wildest fantasies or speculations
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I was referring to the Cavewoman, I wouldn't make Thor an actual mutant event in my wildest fantasies or speculations
    question of the day.

what's better, half mutant half god half human half god???

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not happy about it either .

Aaron either dislikes gods so much that he wants to downplay Thor as one or he wants to complete his HercuThor transformation by making him a demigod like Hercules.

I hate it.
    the other option would include Odin copulating with the chicken and then having it(?) depose an egg containing Thor but then what would the role of the resurfaced cavewoman echo be?

question of the day.

what's better, half mutant half god half human half god???
    better question, what's so wrong about thor being the son of the elder goddes Gaea that they had to mess with it? what is there to be gained? how does this avian parentage improve thor as character?
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-07-2021 at 12:31 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

better question, what's so wrong about thor being the son of the elder goddes Gaea that they had to mess with it? what is there to be gained? how does this avian parentage improve thor as character?
    probably because Gaea appears like once or twice in twenty years so they think it's useless to have her as Thor's mother.

Aaron: Yo editors, ever heard of Gaea???

Editors (or Marvel higher ups): Da hell is that!?

Aaron: Oh she is mother of all divinity in Marvel Multiverse and she is Thor's birth mother which was revealed way back in 80's.

Editors: ...

Aaron: Seriously, you don't know much about her???

Aaron: Oh well, she appears almost never and is irrelevant in grand scheme of things so I don't blame you.

Editors: So what are you gonna do about it???

Aaron: I'm gonna make Phoenix to be Thor's mother!!! Actually, it will be a human host and not Phoenix herself.

Editors: Hell yeah, do it!!!
    Last edited by GodThor; 03-07-2021 at 12:47 PM.

probably because Gaea appears like once or twice in twenty years so they think it's useless to have her as Thor's mother.

Aaron: Oh she is mother of all divinity in Marvel Multiverse and she is Thor's birth mother which was revealed way back in 80's.

Aaron: Oh well, she appears almost never and is irrelevant in grand scheme of things so I don't blame you.

Editors: SO what are you gonna do about it???

Aaron: I'm gonna make Phoenix to be Thor's mother!!! Actually, it will be a human host and not Phoenix herself.

this is what people intend when they use the term "scrapping the bottom of the barrel".

Incredible Member

Editors: SO what are you gonna do about it???

It don't work because Ewing just had a story planned concerning Gaea's relationship with Thor. It's more that the editors don't want to do their jobs and say no.

this is what people intend when they use the term "scrapping the bottom of the barrel".
    exactly!!!

honestly, no one knows.

pretty sure Aaron will give some interview after he ends his Avenger run so he will probably say something about that but I can already expect some dumb reason why he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    It don't work because Ewing just had a story planned concerning Gaea's relationship with Thor. It's more that the editors don't want to do their jobs and say no.
    that's why it's a clear cut retcon.

you don't need explanation when the retcon is clear.

I'm just making fun of them

although I was skeptical when I saw the synopsis for #2 Thor tie in when it said that some god knows something about his birthright.

I actually joked that they will retcon his origin and I was right.
    Last edited by GodThor; 03-07-2021 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doesn't that mean Thor isn't a full god anymore? His mother was a human.
    I have a feeling that this is the purpose of the retcon seeing as who it comes from. Think about the next story he's about to tell concerning Thor in heroes reborn....

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I have a feeling that this is the purpose of the retcon seeing as who it comes from. Think about the next story he's about to tell concerning Thor in heroes reborn....
    you mean him being an atheist???

Incredible Member

you mean him being an atheist???
    Possibly.

Not to knock atheism or anything. Perfectly respectable but there's a general hostility to gods throughout this run. Humanity wasn't born with purpose but from God's vomit, Moon Knight insults man's dependence on the gods, Khosnu cares nothing about humanity, the Phoenix cares nothing for life and see it as an infection, it's doesn't even care for the hosts it has, the Eternals kill themselves when they realize that they were a mistake, Odin looks down on humans, Thor love of Earth comes from his human side, not his godly side like the Gaea's origin suggested. The human members are the most protective of humans of the original Avengers BC.

There is this undercurrent of hostility towards divinity in this run. The universe and mankind is without purpose and is rudderless and humans need to deal with these things themselves because the gods are useless or actively malicious. Whether or not that is true it still up in the air but I, imo, see as there.

Possibly.

Not to knock atheism or anything. Perfectly respectable but there's a general hostility to gods throughout this run. Humanity wasn't born with purpose but from God's vomit, Moon Knight insults man's dependence on the gods, Khosnu cares nothing about humanity, the Phoenix cares nothing for life and see it as an infection, it's doesn't even care for the hosts it has, the Eternals kill themselves when they realize that they were a mistake, Odin looks down on humans, Thor love of Earth comes from his human side, not his godly side like the Gaea's origin suggested. The human members are the most protective of humans of the original Avengers BC.

There is this undercurrent of hostility towards divinity in this run. The universe and mankind is without purpose and is rudderless and humans need to deal with these things themselves because the gods are useless or actively malicious. Whether or not that is true it still up in the air but I, imo, see as there.
    you nailed pretty much everything.

Odin's hard distaste for humanity comes from Fraction era (and Gillen's I think) which was a backbone for Aaron's Odin.

Possibly.

This stretches back to his Thor run, honestly, where he seemed to be taking potshots at gods or the conception of gods across the entire run, or trying to downplay how much like gods they actually are (even while still treating them, in-universe, like gods).