Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

By the cover, I always thought Echo might be the winner, but I was confused when she lost her fight against Namor.

By the way, if you ask me, I would say Captain America is the best candidate to become the Phoenix. His will is really strong, and the whole thing about a flaming bird will be comparable with the american eagle. And when Cap throws his shield, it could turn into a flaming bird and hit enemies with bigger power.

But you know? There's something weird about this tournament. Back during the Avengers vs X-Men arc, Spider-Man was almost killed by the powered Colossus and Magik. So, in a very smart move, Spidey trick them to fight each other and take their power from the Phoenix, which ended into a double KO. Spider-Man was capable of defeating the Phoenix, by literally fighting and hurting itself. So, shouldn't this tournament have a similar effect? I mean, they are all about Phoenix's hosts fighting each other, which should hurt itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    By the cover, I always thought Echo might be the winner, but I was confused when she lost her fight against Namor.

By the way, if you ask me, I would say Captain America is the best candidate to become the Phoenix. His will is really strong, and the whole thing about a flaming bird will be comparable with the american eagle. And when Cap throws his shield, it could turn into a flaming bird and hit enemies with bigger power.

But you know? There's something weird about this tournament. Back during the Avengers vs X-Men arc, Spider-Man was almost killed by the powered Colossus and Magik. So, in a very smart move, Spidey trick them to fight each other and take their power from the Phoenix, which ended into a double KO. Spider-Man was capable of defeating the Phoenix, by literally fighting and hurting itself. So, shouldn't this tournament have a similar effect? I mean, they are all about Phoenix's hosts fighting each other, which should hurt itself.
    Well, we could all figure out that was echo on the cover, but they are not going to be that obvious. From the way Aaron is telling the story, I do not think it has to do with any other stories or fights. It seems to be something he made up going in his own direction. Anyway, it seems the mystery will continue a while longer....
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    this is what people intend when they use the term "scrapping the bottom of the barrel".
    Oh i think we have gone past bottom of the barrel and approaching the center of the Earth with how deep they are scrapping.

They give the PF to Cap and the X-fan base will lose their minds, some refuse to forget and forgive what happened in AvX so i can only imagine the backlash for that decision should it happen.

If the figure is a woman, it comes down to Jen, Shanna and whoever is the Red Widow...oddly enough i don't think it will be RW because why would they give it to a villain...right? RIGHT!?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    They give the PF to Cap and the X-fan base will lose their minds, some refuse to forget and forgive what happened in AvX so i can only imagine the backlash for that decision should it happen.

If the figure is a woman, it comes down to Jen, Shanna and whoever is the Red Widow...oddly enough i don't think it will be RW because why would they give it to a villain...right? RIGHT!?
    True.

I was thinking it would be Shanna.

In addition, she is a heroine and I do not think they have used her much in the last 10 years........

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Quite curious that Echo is the last one in the cover, and the white background behind her. Right?

Not done butchering the Phoenix yet...........

The white light in the back right corner is probably the Phoenix Force or the true winner of the title as Host.

I wonder if there is not a right side of this with combatants?

She Hulk lol

Still annoyed this wasn't a Bonita story...... Missed opp.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quite curious that Echo is the last one in the cover, and the white background behind her. Right?
    I'm sure she is the Phoenix winner

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Still annoyed this wasn't a Bonita story...... Missed opp.
    100% correct
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I'm sure she is the Phoenix winner
    Naw, I am, lol!

Everybody looks a hot mess