Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    good for Echo haven't seen her in a while.

For all the criticism I think it's an interesting story idea just in the fact that's it different. It doesn't hurt the older stories and does something different with the Pheonix. Frankly, I don't need to see another X-men or event Phoenix story it's not a Marvel element that interests me anymore I think narratively it's already served its purpose with Jean Grey, but I don't mind that they are experimenting with new ideas.

Aaron's run has been the most R&D run I've read in a while and I think it's something Marvel needs especially as it pushes forward with new content. Marvel's going forward with supernatural elements such as Dracula, Blade, and Mephisto. They will be doing an updated take on the mutants and the X-men at some point. I'm very curious to see how mutants get integrated into the MCU given how established that universe already is even if they ignore Agents of Shield and the Netflix shows.
    Actually it really hurt past Phoenix stories

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Actually it really hurt past Phoenix stories
    Yeah.

Phoenix as a concept is boring now. It's been done to death, and I just zone out whenever it's brought back in comics. I know people are saying "it's an action story, don't take it seriously" but trust me, I'm not taking it seriously at all and I still can't find much joy in it.

Between symbiotes, the Phoenix and DC rip-off characters, it all just feels like Marvel is trying to catch a wave that landed long ago.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Echo as Phoenix is an interesting concept unfortunately its not one they will stick with, especially if Disney goes through with the Echo spin off series.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Echo as Phoenix is an interesting concept unfortunately its not one they will stick with, especially if Disney goes through with the Echo spin off series.
    Comics doesn't need to follow the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Comics doesn't need to follow the MCU
    100% agree, I much would have preferred former Avengers member Firebird taking up the Phoenix mantle than Echo.
    I presume the end result of this Phoenix saga will lead into the upcoming Heroes Reborn event.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    100% agree, I much would have preferred former Avengers member Firebird taking up the Phoenix mantle than Echo.
    I presume the end result of this Phoenix saga will lead into the upcoming Heroes Reborn event.
    ....where things will eventually return to normal on E-616 and the PF will be free of echo and fly off.....
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

what will be Echo's outlook, if she keeps the power for a good while? Does she become a cosmic hero? I mean, she can't just be a street-crime hero, that would be boring.

Jason Aaron wrote one of the worst Avengers runs, then he has an arc where everyone is literally on fire, and people act like he's not a genius. We are all Phoenix hosts.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Haven't picked up my copy but yet, but Bleeding Cool "spoiled" the issue and all I can say is this is the stupidest take on the Phoenix I've read. It makes zero sense. It isn't even consistent on the page. Cosmic force of life reduced to wanting to be the Taskmaster of the universe. Unbelievable.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/new-...s-44-spoilers/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Haven't picked up my copy but yet, but Bleeding Cool "spoiled" the issue and all I can say is this is the stupidest take on the Phoenix I've read. It makes zero sense. It isn't even consistent on the page. Cosmic force of life reduced to wanting to be the Taskmaster of the universe. Unbelievable.

So true! I agree. I do not like that echo was in the running let alone the winner.

And, as it was once stated: "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9." lol
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 04-07-2021 at 10:48 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Jason Aaron wrote one of the worst Avengers runs, then he has an arc where everyone is literally on fire, and people act like he's not a genius. We are all Phoenix hosts.
    That explains my mood swings.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

This was animal abuse. Somone get that bird away form him

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

I just...I don't have any words.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Why is Logan there? He isn't currently on the Avengers roster, right?
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Bruh all this **** & he really ended up giving the bird to one of the most irrelevant people throughout this entire thing, I've never even heard of this lady until this ****.