Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainLiberty76 View Post
    No, any spotlight that the Black Panther gets is the least he deserves. He has been and is an outstanding and deserving character. The problem with this run is a progression of 1 stupid story after another. From the use of a Celestial corpse as a headquarters to the present nonsense of this Phoenix steaming pile it has been a worthless and uninspired run.
    Yep. Black panther has been really great on this book. Nice to see a black man leading one of the most popular teams

Seems like there is a variant and solicitation that reveals who is the Phoenix, just a matter of 1+1

BANNED

Whew this arc is a HUGE stinker. Aaron should go change his sheets because he definitely pooped the bed on this one. I've not read any of his run so far because I really hated his Wolverine & the X-Men but I wanted to see how he was going to mess up the Phoenix even more. He does not understand it's history at all. I read his weird version of it in Thor too which was dumb. In the end, this arc is a COMPLETELY random set of heroes and like one or two villains having pointless battles they don't want to have that mean next to nothing. The art work if awful and looks like it belongs on a children's cartoon. I am not impressed. The Namor sub-plot is also poorly done and just tacked on for no good reason. Namor shouldn't want the Phoenix again, he's been there and hated it. Finally, Aaron's take of Jen Walter's is a complete insult to everything the characters ever been. He needs to just go away forever, his work is abysmal.

Fantastic Member

Panther's vibranium grill is about the same as Batman 66 carrying Bat Shark Repellant.

I saw this online but sadly phoenix has been reduced to the cosmic std.....what once special and unique is now not so much but even before this with things like the Phoenix 5 which was also a bad idea.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Jason Aaron writes a good Panther...he can't write a good team book.
    People have been saying this since those tie-in issues for Black Panther that he did during Secret Invasion.

This arc (and run as a whole) just keeps getting worse. I don’t know how Aaron managed it, but he may have actually outBendised Bendis.

So chances of Thor being the Phoenixs only child? Could there be more maybe a Skrull or Kree or Shiar? Strange it would only have one

But when did the Phoenix have Thor?

I mean, Thor was never stated to be 1,000,000 years old. He was maybe 1000 to 3000 at most.

Where are his Phoenix powers?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Panther's vibranium grill is about the same as Batman 66 carrying Bat Shark Repellant.
    How? It's not a random like other things JA has had T'Challa pull during the series, never to be seen again. There are better examples of random stuff such as the consecrated napalm, or the vibranium web he used on MK.

As for this arc, I like what he is doing with T'Challa. I like how he settled T'Challa vs Logan debate as well as the vibranium vs adamantium.

But this arc, as well as the khonsu arc, I would of rather those been dropped and instead focused on the superhero arms race he was building up. How all the superpower nations had their response to T'Challa leading the Avengers and how he abd the team deals with the threats and the political intrigue as well

I've mixed feelings about Aaron's Avengers run in general and the Enter the Phoenix run specifically. I've heard some YouTube channels say that Aaron has all of these crazy ideas with the Avengers, which on paper look great. It's just the execution. Ghost Rider possessing a Celestial, Khonshu wielding the powers of Thor, Iron Fist, and Dr. Strange, all of these heroes fighting using the Phoenix Force, they're all pretty cool. Honestly, that's what gets me, as long as I see heroes kicking, punching, flying, and blasting stuff, I'm good. The fights during the Khonshu and Phoenix arcs have been great. Also, it's good to read the whole story in totality. Reading the issues separately, with gaps in between, means I forget details. Reading the story as a whole, however, things make sense. Then you start to see the brilliance. Khonshu wants power to fight against Mephisto. But ultimately he's corrupted. Brilliant. Heroes and villains from across the MU fight one another with the powers of the Phoenix. At the same time, they have character moments and backstories, twists and turns (like Shang's fighting without fighting or Black Panther having a Vibranium grill). These are the hallmarks of a great martial arts tournament arc. Brilliant. There seem to be all of these conspiracies in the background as well. Vampire nations. Squadron Supremes. Atlantis rising. I've been hesitant to pick up the Heroes Reborn stuff, but I'm warming up to it. Will check out.

Still, there are issues. My main one is logic. Robbie Reyes takes over a Celestial? Aren't they supposed to be space gods? Moon Knight takes down KING Thor? What?! Didn't Thor handle a cosmic, Galactus level threat last week? Moon Knight exploited a weakness sure, but just so easily? Also the other is repetition. Celestials and the Phoenix Force are special because they're rarely used. These are majestic things, y'know? Universe altering, reality shaping things. And they're handled just so casually. And there are all of these sudden changes to Marvel history for dramatic effect. Phoenix is Thor's mom, DA DA DAAAAAAA!!!!!

So yeah, those are my thoughts on Aaron's Enter The Phoenix story. Some glaring moments of brilliance. And some glaring moments of WTF.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I've mixed feelings about Aaron's Avengers run in general and the Enter the Phoenix run specifically. I've heard some YouTube channels say that Aaron has all of these crazy ideas with the Avengers, which on paper look great. It's just the execution. Ghost Rider possessing a Celestial, Khonshu wielding the powers of Thor, Iron Fist, and Dr. Strange, all of these heroes fighting using the Phoenix Force, they're all pretty cool. Honestly, that's what gets me, as long as I see heroes kicking, punching, flying, and blasting stuff, I'm good. The fights during the Khonshu and Phoenix arcs have been great. Also, it's good to read the whole story in totality. Reading the issues separately, with gaps in between, means I forget details. Reading the story as a whole, however, things make sense. Then you start to see the brilliance. Khonshu wants power to fight against Mephisto. But ultimately he's corrupted. Brilliant. Heroes and villains from across the MU fight one another with the powers of the Phoenix. At the same time, they have character moments and backstories, twists and turns (like Shang's fighting without fighting or Black Panther having a Vibranium grill). These are the hallmarks of a great martial arts tournament arc. Brilliant. There seem to be all of these conspiracies in the background as well. Vampire nations. Squadron Supremes. Atlantis rising. I've been hesitant to pick up the Heroes Reborn stuff, but I'm warming up to it. Will check out.

Still, there are issues. My main one is logic. Robbie Reyes takes over a Celestial? Aren't they supposed to be space gods? Moon Knight takes down KING Thor? What?! Didn't Thor handle a cosmic, Galactus level threat last week? Moon Knight exploited a weakness sure, but just so easily? Also the other is repetition. Celestials and the Phoenix Force are special because they're rarely used. These are majestic things, y'know? Universe altering, reality shaping things. And they're handled just so casually. And there are all of these sudden changes to Marvel history for dramatic effect. Phoenix is Thor's mom, DA DA DAAAAAAA!!!!!

So yeah, those are my thoughts on Aaron's Enter The Phoenix story. Some glaring moments of brilliance. And some glaring moments of WTF.
    Didn't we already get this in the previous arc?

Now Aaron is just repeating himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't we already get this in the previous arc?

Now Aaron is just repeating himself.
    Sorry bro for any misunderstanding. Yes, this came from the Khonshu arc, not the Enter the Phoenix arc. In my rant, I touched on previous arcs. So, can't put undue blame there.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    But when did the Phoenix have Thor?

I mean, Thor was never stated to be 1,000,000 years old. He was maybe 1000 to 3000 at most.

Where are his Phoenix powers?
    The cavewoman was the mother, she brought back the feeling of motherhood the pf was experiencing, she’s the one who was in love with odin
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    The winner of the contest to be the next Phoenix host.
    You say that like it matters when really is it even relevant in the grand scheme of things? I mean this latest clusterf**k about being Thor's mom is just the latest in a series of stupid acts to make the damn cosmic turkey relevant when it hasn't since the Dark Phoenix saga.

BANNED

I mean hickman/ewing are 100 % cleaning this up squeaqy clean