Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Bruh all this **** & he really ended up giving the bird to one of the most irrelevant people throughout this entire thing, I've never even heard of this lady until this ****.
    She's been around a while, first turned up in the New Avengers books back when Bendis was writing, she was the original Ronin. She turned up in Daredevil, also under Bendis, prior to her use in New Avengers. I'm not a fan of her (or anyone who isn't a mutant) becoming a host of the Phoenix. I just don't like it.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 04-07-2021 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I don't hate her but she is such a random choice to give it to, even with upcoming Disney+ promotion in mind, and it doesn't really work with the Phoenix as depicted.

But a lot of stuff in this run is more flash than substance.

I like Echo. I HATE this! Aaron needs to just go away because the damage he and editorial are doing to the Avengers is unreal. It's been years since I have seen such sustained apathy and dislike for an Avengers run. I gave up after 4 issues and I struggle to find any positive feedback to anything he does. I knew he was bad after trying to read his Dr Strange run but this is something else.

Still, I have to ask: why is Logan in that image above? He's not on the Avengers roster right now. I guess if he was on the team and became the host it'd at least be a mutant host, as it should always be.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Maybe after Heroes Reborn is over, things will go back to normal and it will be as if this Phoenix story never happened.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Maybe after Heroes Reborn is over, things will go back to normal and it will be as if this Phoenix story never happened.
    Sadly, I'm hoping the same for the Heroes Reborn storyline.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Why is Logan there? He isn't currently on the Avengers roster, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Still, I have to ask: why is Logan in that image above? He's not on the Avengers roster right now. I guess if he was on the team and became the host it'd at least be a mutant host, as it should always be.
    A good portion of those characters aren't on the Avengers roster, including Echo. IIRC, Logan decided the Phoenix had to go to a mutant and volunteered.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

who did people expect would become the new avatar?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I like the idea of the Phoenix branching out from the X-Men's corner of the universe, but I hate what's been done here.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Me!

Jean Grey!

Of all "the Avengers" that battled for it, I liked Shanna for a temporary avatar.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Me!

Jean Grey!

Of all "the Avengers" that battled for it, I liked Shanna for a temporary avatar.
    lolol not "me" that was funny lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I honestly expected it would be Shang-Chi, since he's got a movie coming out soon and they're going to want to push his character harder.

Or Captain Marvel, even though Carol wasn't even the fight rounds, because Marvel is forever trying to push her and haven't learned she's not catching on like they want.

At any rate, this was not that great of a story for me. Seemed very uneventful, for something that should have felt so much more earthshattering. I think Avengers 750 is in 6 issues? Sounds like a good milestone dropping off point, since this run has mostly been all hype no bite.

Amazing Member

Yeah...I don't know what is going with Marvel and the Phoenix Force.

My only guess is that the MCU REALLY wants to use so they're laying the ground work for it now.

I'm still mad that Thor is not half Elder God.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I honestly expected it would be Shang-Chi, since he's got a movie coming out soon and they're going to want to push his character harder.

Or Captain Marvel, even though Carol wasn't even the fight rounds, because Marvel is forever trying to push her and haven't learned she's not catching on like they want.

At any rate, this was not that great of a story for me. Seemed very uneventful, for something that should have felt so much more earthshattering. I think Avengers 750 is in 6 issues? Sounds like a good milestone dropping off point, since this run has mostly been all hype no bite.
    Carol already catched

Me!

Jean Grey!

Imagine Jean Grey going cosmic? of course Hickman wasn't having it
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-07-2021 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Carol already catched

Imagina Jean Grey going cosmic? of course Hickman wasn't having it
    I so want to see Jean go cosmic! But I know hickman won't do it.