Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

i'll admit, I think the only reason I was fine with this storyline is I haven't been following the Phoenix or the x-men all that closely. To me this just felt like a dragonball z arc, and I have a feeling Aaron is going to do some cool things with Echo now. Also they keep saying it, but is this actually the strongest version of the Avengers?

Captain America
    Black Panther (definitely had a lot of upgrades the past few years)
    Ironman
    She-Hulk
    Blade and Boy-thing
    Thor
    Ghost Rider
    Captain Marvel
    Baby Starbrand

definitely a solid cast, but I feel like there may have been stronger iterations of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    IIRC, Logan decided the Phoenix had to go to a mutant and volunteered.
    Really? Damn I'm glad I'm not reading this drivel.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    i'll admit, I think the only reason I was fine with this storyline is I haven't been following the Phoenix or the x-men all that closely. To me this just felt like a dragonball z arc, and I have a feeling Aaron is going to do some cool things with Echo now. Also they keep saying it, but is this actually the strongest version of the Avengers?

Captain America
    Ironman
    She-Hulk
    Blade and Boy-thing
    Thor
    Ghost Rider
    Captain Marvel
    Baby Starbrand

definitely a solid cast, but I feel like there may have been stronger iterations of the team.
    I think Thor in his current form pretty much takes it over any prior version. He's not only back to 100% with both eyes and both arms, he's got the power cosmic and the full Thor-Force.

A close second would be Hickman's team, with Captain Universe, Starbrand, and Hyperion in addition to most everyone else here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Why is Logan there? He isn't currently on the Avengers roster, right?
    One you let logan on your team, he never leaves and takes your food.

Captain America
    Ironman
    She-Hulk
    Blade and Boy-thing
    Thor
    Ghost Rider
    Captain Marvel
    Baby Starbrand

aaron just says they're the strongest all the time to try and compensate for the non-existent characterization
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    aaron just says they're the strongest all the time to try and compensate for the non-existent characterization
    Current Guardians cast could stomp this Avengers team so bad it's sad.

Captain America
    Ironman
    She-Hulk
    Blade and Boy-thing
    Thor
    Ghost Rider
    Captain Marvel
    Baby Starbrand

if you go off potential its up there especially if you count Starbrand and Boy-Thing.

Robbie is the strongest Ghost Rider to date. Then you've got Thor and debateably the strongest version of She-Hulk (probably not the smatest). BP's written pretty competently, then the others are the same as usual.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Current Guardians cast could stomp this Avengers team so bad it's sad.
    I forgot to add Phoenix Echo now too

As for the end of the storyline, Echo becoming the new Phoenix is both expected and unexpected. We knew months ago that she'd be the new Phoenix due to spoilers. But Aaron faked us out with her apparent defeat by Namor. I was definitely intrigued here and was wondering if She-Hul, Shanna, or Red Widow (all of whom were in this issue by the way) would have been one of the new hosts. As soon as Echo rose from the waters though, okay, now I realized it was just a swerve. Still, it seemed like a sudden swerve though, right? There were a couple of fights left and boom, Phoenix just chose Maya? Like that? Okay, I'll allow it, since I'm glad that Echo is getting some attention. I especially liked that little moment between Jean and Echo at the end, the former host talking with the new one.

As for the storyline itself, well, I've always been a supporter of it. I've always said, I just like to see big, splashy fights. I've always wanted a tournament arc in a Marvel book and this one delivered. There were fights, but just enough backstory and personal moments to make it more than just a fighting game. There was just enough sense throughout the series as well. At the same time, I still have my criticism. The Phoenix can't be used so casually or often. You take it out for special moments. AvX wasn't too long ago and so having Enter the Phoenix right now feels pretty quick.

In any case, I'll read the arc in total. I usually find myself appreciating Aaron's Avengers work after that. But overall, I liked this issue.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Soooo we just gonna forget how the P5 were Enemy No.1 in the 616 and this board when they were ending wars, feeding the hungry, putting legs on whales(lol) And the PF was some planet eating uncontrollable force indifferent to human life. Fast Forward to BP kicking Wolverine in the balls in a fight to weild the Pf whilst the other Avengers are also fighting amongst themselves seemingly to the death for it.
    lol
    Okay Marvel...
    GrindrStone(D)

Ending wars? they were only in power for several days, besides they set themselves up as overlords and killed thousands don't forget that. Let's not pretend that Marvel didn't make them the bad guys. The other mutants turned against them too once they realized they were false prophets.

The scenario for this one is that the Pheonix is forcing them all to fight. We don't know what the outcome will be, but the heroes have different agendas. For those who read the beginning of this run, Aaron's altered the Phoenix force history with the 10,000 BC Avengers. It's taken on more of a Captain Universe type of role now.

Again no one's cared/been happy with a Phoenix story since the 80s. This will either be something fans love or forget about.
    Last edited by Jabare; 04-07-2021 at 11:03 PM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Soooo we just gonna forget how the P5 were Enemy No.1 in the 616 and this board when they were ending wars, feeding the hungry, putting legs on whales(lol) And the PF was some planet eating uncontrollable force indifferent to human life. Fast Forward to BP kicking Wolverine in the balls in a fight to weild the Pf whilst the other Avengers are also fighting amongst themselves seemingly to the death for it.
    lol
    Okay Marvel...
    I didn’t love this arc but if you actually read it this was super consistent with the AvX depiction of the PF. There were plenty of characters that wanted it gone and those that wanted it wanted it so that someone else wouldn’t have it.

Much like every other arc in Aaron’s run, it was dragged out longer than it needed to be. Also wasn’t crazy about the art.
    If the book continues past 45, I would like to see some MAJOR changes by issue #50.

Fantastic Member

This whole Aaaron run seems to make me think all the time the same word... Unnecessary...

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Ending wars? they were only in power for several days,
    Yet still did more for global peace than any government/superhero group before or after :/

besides they set themselves up as overlords and killed thousands don't forget that. Let's not pretend that Marvel didn't make them the bad guys. The other mutants turned against them too once they realized they were false prophets.
    Hmmm no they didn't. Even BP corrected Cap when he was about to try and push that envious narrative. Let's not pretend how quickly the Avengers were pissy about the Phoenix leaving Earth and Fvck the millions of folks benefiting from P5's actions

The scenario for this one is that the Pheonix is forcing them all to fight. We don't know what the outcome will be, but the heroes have different agendas. For those who read the beginning of this run, Aaron's altered the Phoenix force history with the 10,000 BC Avengers. It's taken on more of a Captain Universe type of role now.
    Care to expand that? And how would the Avengers know? Whatever the outcome I bet the new host won't do sh!t to progress/Mutants
    Again no one's cared/been happy with a Phoenix story since the 80s. This will either be something fans love or forget about.
    I think fans already decided :/ buuut sooo because "no one cared" about a Phoenix storyline in the past, it's cool to use it vilify the Xmen few years later prop up the Avengers...
    Great!!!
    GrindrStone(D)