Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    That's fair...
    Answers can now be subjective and objective...
    Already proved he was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Interesting perspective.

Uncanny Hobo piss Avengers was not well received. And sewed more division

Cyclops was at the height of his popularity with readers after AvX. Cyclops was losing fans prior to AvX due to over exposure. AvX turned the most anti Cyclops X-Fan pro Cyclops

And Tyke was hated

So it's interesting thats how you perceived it?
    stating a record of events. You might not have enjoyed UnCanny or even some others on this board, but it did okay for the most part. The run lasted longer than I thought it would.

By an objective measure, I'd say Uncanny X-men did well 3+ year run, with good reviews and decent sales. Not everything has to do Bendis numbers to be successful.

AvX did not make Cyclops beloved. That's some revisionist history right there. They literally had him go Dark Phoenix and kill Xavier. Time and the change in direction allowed things to reset for the characters. I'd say somewhere between 2016 to 2018 Scott fell back into peoples good graces or they just got over it. (It's easy to forgive iconic fictional characters)

I can't speak about it sewing more division because I only read 3 to 4 issues that I vaguely remember, but I think online comic-book reader complaints and criticisms are things Marvel's learned to take with a grain of salt. Especially if they don't affect sales. Listening to the customer is usually a good thing, but Marvel's likely determined that vocal criticism doesn't always speak for the buying readership. This is the company that made Civil War II after all. Bendis and editorial ignored all the lessons they should have learned from the first event and pushed ahead with a story no one wanted. Only tales that get national attention, like One More Day or Captain America turning evil, will cause Marvel to bat an eye. And they'll still go ahead with those stories mind you lol
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    stating a record of events. You might not have enjoyed UnCanny or even some others on this board, but it did okay for the most part. The run lasted longer than I thought it would.

By an objective measure, I'd say Uncanny X-men did well 3+ year run, with good reviews and decent sales. Not everything has to do Bendis numbers to be successful.

AvX did not make Cyclops beloved. That's some revisionist history right there. They literally had him go Dark Phoenix and kill Xavier. Time and the change in direction allowed things to reset for the characters. I'd say somewhere between 2016 to 2018 Scott fell back into peoples good graces or they just got over it. (It's easy to forgive iconic fictional characters)

I can't speak about it sewing more division because I only read 3 to 4 issues that I vaguely remember, but I think online comic-book reader complaints and criticisms are things Marvel's learned to take with a grain of salt. Especially if they don't affect sales. Listening to the customer is usually a good thing, but Marvel's likely determined that vocal criticism doesn't always speak for the buying readership. This is the company that made Civil War II after all. Bendis and editorial ignored all the lessons they should have learned from the first event and pushed ahead with a story no one wanted. Only tales that get national attention, like One More Day or Captain America turning evil, will cause Marvel to bat an eye. And they'll still go ahead with those stories mind you lol
    First clarify are you talking Uncanny X-Men or Uncanny Avenegers by Rememder? UA wasn't well received. Which is why I was saying interesting perspective. The sales plummeted very quickly and that's mainly because the book and writer was intentionally antagonist to X-Men fans. So half their reader base bolted. For a flagship book it was sitting mid table.

No no I was going to say the same about your perspective. It might be correct in Bizarro land but that that isn't correct at all. Cyclops came out as perhaps the most popular X-men after AvX. I've been trying to rationalise why your take is the exact opposite. He wasn't widely hated by fans. AvX was the one thing that actually united anti Cyclops fans against the Avengers. So maybe you're coming from an Avengers perspective. But Avengers fans aren't all fans so that point is already moot.

He killed Xavier while possessed so what? Tony Stark forced the Phoenix Force onto them. What the editors intended on happening and what actually happened are two different things. The editors wanted Cyclops to come off as unsympathetic but it backfired and made him actually likable for a change.

Cyclops then became unlikable again from Rosenberg run and Tyke. And again that's shown by sales. Jeen carried that book. But all of Cyclops revolutionary fans were very upset with Tyke. Again the editor's intention vs what actually happened are two different things

And if you're talking about All New X-Men or Uncanny X-men by Bendis it was popular because of the Cyclops the pariah story. In story Cyclops is a parish but has loads of fans. And the fans were put there by Bendis to highlight all the readers who said Cyclops was right as there were so so many
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-14-2021 at 02:54 AM.

Uncanny Avengers by Remender was well received. I dont know why people try to rewrite story

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Uncanny Avengers by Remender was well received. I dont know why people try to rewrite story
    I personally didn't like Uncanny Avengers by Remender, but I can attest that the general consensus was largely positive.

I think it was just Axis and the post-inversion storylines that people didn't enjoy, which is probably coloring people's memory of how his overall run was received.

it's also terrible
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

UA vol 1 was fire. It was well received.

It was volume 2 that nobody cared for/cared about. Then remender left.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    UA vol 1 was fire. It was well received.

It was volume 2 that nobody cared for/cared about. Then remender left.
    I sometimes forget volume 2 was even a thing. Like, it was there, stuff happened, and then it ended and was never referenced again. Even the costumes and roster.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I personally didn't like Uncanny Avengers by Remender, but I can attest that the general consensus was largely positive.

I think it was just Axis and the post-inversion storylines that people didn't enjoy, which is probably coloring people's memory of how his overall run was received.
    It ended weak but out the gate it was huge. I really hated Axis and everything that came from that though. Don’t know why they thought the best place to start Sam as Falcon was with him as a fascist.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    It ended weak but out the gate it was huge. I really hated Axis and everything that came from that though. Don’t know why they thought the best place to start Sam as Falcon was with him as a fascist.
    When did that even happen?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    When did that even happen?
    Axis when the heroes got inverted.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Axis when the heroes got inverted.
    I don't know why someone would count that especially he was solo in All-New and he was on Luke Cage's Mighty Avengers before the Inversion, which was against his will by the way.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    it's also terrible
    By well received they mean having the writer telling people to drink hobo piss if they didn't like the story that escalating into a pr mess. The backlash with call me Alex then every writer on the sun addressing the scene. Uncanny Avengers wasn't well received it was divisive amongst readers

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I don't know why someone would count that especially he was solo in All-New and he was on Luke Cage's Mighty Avengers before the Inversion, which was against his will by the way.
    It was some of his first appearances as Cap, would’ve been nice to establish him as a character before you make him a villain. Plus in the relaunch of Mighty which had his name in the title he starts of evil and kills a guy. First issue. From what I remember his solo which was running at the time had him losing a bunch of fights (which in and of itself isn’t bad, he redeems himself at the end I will never hate bringing Misty into his life but coupled with his other appearances it added to a weird launch.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Interesting perspective.

Uncanny Hobo piss Avengers was not well received. And sewed more division

Cyclops was at the height of his popularity with readers after AvX. Cyclops was losing fans prior to AvX due to over exposure. AvX turned the most anti Cyclops X-Fan pro Cyclops

And Tyke was hated

So it's interesting thats how you perceived it?
    Lol ikr whole time reading the post I was like

By whom?
    Read that and this, and that still doesn't answer it. Avengers aren't pro phoenix on this story, it was the Phoenix that made them fight.
    there isn't hipocrisy
    The X-Men weren't seeking the Phoenix power Stark forced it onto them. The P5 were demonized fir making the world better while possessed I wonder if it'll be the same for this team. Also why don't the Avengers just run really fast away from the Phoenix? This story so sloppy
    GrindrStone(D)