Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: how are these ideas getting by editorial? Is anyone minding the story? They are narratively horrible.
    These ideas are coming FROM editorial
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    These ideas are coming FROM editorial
    I hope the hell not, if so they need to go.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

It occurs to me that a double digit percentage of my headaches with Aaron’s additions would go away if it was Buri instead of Odin (and actually corresponded to when Homo sapiens emerged)

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    It occurs to me that a double digit percentage of my headaches with Aaron’s additions would go away if it was Buri instead of Odin (and actually corresponded to when Homo sapiens emerged)
    But then Aaron couldn't continue writing Odin as the absolute worst .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    My pleasure, Phoenixx9.

I'm not sure, but I believe the Maestro broke Cap's shield once too with pure strength. And I believe Thanos too. Cap's shield is a formidable weapon, but just like Cap imself, it has its limits.
    It was broken during the evil hammer storyline as well...and reforged with Uru. So it's anyone's guess how strong it is now.

The Winner is Echo source Trailer/Covers

Next year everyone gets a taste of the panther god, there will be a contest, lots of covers with panther costumes and the winner will be the x-men Eye Boy
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    The Winner is Echo source Trailer/Covers

I had to do a double take thought that shit said Young Avengers & I saw Kamala Kahn on the cover was about to snap my blunt in half.

Mighty Member

I really can't figure out how they're going to transition from this arc, a one arc stopover for a king in black tie-in, and then start heroes reborn. I think the Phoenix might have something to do with it, but I can't figure out how/why Echo would do this.

In the Ghost Rider King in Black tie-in, Mephisto took back control of hell, so maybe that affects things?

good for Echo haven't seen her in a while.

For all the criticism I think it's an interesting story idea just in the fact that's it different. It doesn't hurt the older stories and does something different with the Pheonix. Frankly, I don't need to see another X-men or event Phoenix story it's not a Marvel element that interests me anymore I think narratively it's already served its purpose with Jean Grey, but I don't mind that they are experimenting with new ideas.

Aaron's run has been the most R&D run I've read in a while and I think it's something Marvel needs especially as it pushes forward with new content. Marvel's going forward with supernatural elements such as Dracula, Blade, and Mephisto. They will be doing an updated take on the mutants and the X-men at some point. I'm very curious to see how mutants get integrated into the MCU given how established that universe already is even if they ignore Agents of Shield and the Netflix shows.
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But then Aaron couldn't continue writing Odin as the absolute worst .
    Sure he could have. An Odin arrogantly acting on legends and half truths from Bor (cue Phoenix mommy issues) would be much more useful than one who knows the score but is sitting on his ass

Edit:
    Yes, it does appear that regardless of getting future MCU stuff back in the spotlight, this run also seems to be throwing stuff at the wall to find a way of the Avengers staying relevant

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I hope the hell not, if so they need to go.
    Yeah, because for this story there should be a mass firing.

Mighty Member

If they're moving to have this team mirror the pre-historic avengers, I wonder if they're going to bring back Dr. Strange and Ironfist. Or maybe that Moon Knight arc was to show that Blade and She-Hulk are going to serve as the analogues for those characters (would explain why Blade randomly became sorcerer Supreme and She-Hulk randomly got the iron fist for 2 seconds).