Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The whole concept of the Phoenix at this point is a dead horse that has been beaten so bad it is just a joke. These ubber powerful mcguffins like the Phoenix Force, The Infinity Gauntlet, or any other ubber powerful thing are usually good for one story, maybe two. After that it is just lazy writers thinking they can do it better and failing every single time.
    You’re saying it better than me.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    what's with X-men vs Avengers fandom war lol???

I'll never understand that.

sometimes in fandom or hero-worship people can get possessive. Almost feels like a sports team rivalry at times.

When BP and Storm married there was some tension between certain writers and fanbases with Storm being incorporated more in non-Xmen stories like Avengers or Fantastic Four. This kind of came to a head in AvX. Ironically, people don't seem to have a problem with Wolverine popping up anywhere.

After AvX, Marvel made the Uncanny Avengers book trying to mend things. I think it was well-received but it didn't assuage any of the tension for the fans that still felt some type of way about things. This isn't anything new with Marvel, a few characters have gained intense ire from fans through the years.

If you read comics at the time you might remember that a lot of readers hated Cyclops from 2008 to 2016, based on how he was written from X-Force to AvX and beyond. I don't remember exactly what happens near the end. A younger, version of Cyclops comes to the present from the past. Then the older version dies or fakes his death. Anyway, fans seem to have gotten over it. Just like they got over Ironman's terrible actions in Civil War or Namor's actions in AvX. People haven't forgiven Pym slapping Janet tho. I think that one is never going away. But, I digress.

Two of my least favorite Marvel stories were AvX and One More Day, regardless I moved on. But that's not everyone, take a dive into some corners of 4chan or Reddit and you'll see. People don't forget lol
    Last edited by Jabare; 04-10-2021 at 02:49 PM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    The X-Men fans want to not be part of the Marvel heroes crowd, they like being separate, yet whinge when mutants are regarded as outcasts lol.
    lol that's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    sometimes in fandom or hero-worship people can get possessive. Almost feels like a sports team rivalry at times.

When BP and Storm married there was some tension between certain writers and fanbases with Storm being incorporated more in non-Xmen stories like Avengers or Fantastic Four. This kind of came to a head in AvX. Ironically, people don't seem to have a problem with Wolverine popping up anywhere.

After AvX, Marvel made the Uncanny Avengers book trying to mend things. I think it was well-received but it didn't assuage any of the tension for the fans that still felt some type of way about things. This isn't anything new with Marvel, a few characters have gained intense ire from fans through the years.

If you read comics at the time you might remember that a lot of readers hated Cyclops from 2008 to 2016, based on how he was written from X-Force to AvX and beyond. I don't remember exactly what happens near the end. A younger, version of Cyclops comes to the present from the past. Then the older version dies or fakes his death. Anyway, fans seem to have gotten over it. Just like they got over Ironman's terrible actions in Civil War or Namor's actions in AvX. People haven't forgiven Pym slapping Janet tho. I think that one is never going away. But, I digress.

Two of my least favorite Marvel stories were AvX and One More Day, regardless I moved on. But that's not everyone, take a dive into some corners of 4chan or Reddit and you'll see. People don't forget lol
    true.

it's like writers attacked them personally or something.

anyway, this arc had good art and it was the only good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

I think part of that is also new people who read them and go online to complain about it which kicks up dust and attracts the old crowd back. Then you rinse and repeat.

People usually move on once the next thing comes out, in the case of the Phoenix though, Marvel just won't let the fire bird stay nearly as obscure as I would like it to be. Honestly I'd be fine never seeing it again after this, I know that won't happen, though.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

People usually move on once the next thing comes out, in the case of the Phoenix though, Marvel just won't let the fire bird stay nearly as obscure as I would like it to be. Honestly I'd be fine never seeing it again after this, I know that won't happen, though.
    The Phoenix always rises! Bawahahahaha!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Last edited by juan678; 04-11-2021 at 04:44 PM.

Last edited by juan678; 04-11-2021 at 05:03 PM.

I love the Shanna and Zabu Phoenix!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

[

Last edited by juan678; 04-11-2021 at 05:01 PM.

Thanks for posting all of these Phoenix character looks, Juan. I like seeing all the variations. Of course, some are much better than others.

Well, on a scale from 1 to 10 on how utterly idiotic this was...20! It was so goddamn idiotic i really don't know what could possibly taken from this as a positive aside from actually having a tournament style battles unlike X of Swords, which i gave a 14 on the idiotic scale.

Can we stop calling Jen "Hulk?"