Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

If our definition of well received is UA then all of Jason's Aarons work is well received, as is HoM as is every thing Bendis ever touched.
    And if we're judging it purely by having mediocre sales then One More Day was well received.

Which is certainly not the case. By this standard the only thing not well received is Chuck Austen.

Another example Harry Potter and the cursed child sold but was divisive. So it was not well received
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-14-2021 at 06:25 PM.

Sales for Uncanny Avengers were good, Rememnder only got out of the book because he wanted to do only creator owned.
    Bendis also got good sales for his X-men and Avengers, so I don't see the problem

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Lol ikr whole time reading the post I was like

By whom?
    The X-Men weren't seeking the Phoenix power Stark forced it onto them. The P5 were demonized fir making the world better while possessed I wonder if it'll be the same for this team. Also why don't the Avengers just run really fast away from the Phoenix? This story so sloppy
    This has to be jok from someone that didn't read the book
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-14-2021 at 06:42 PM.

If you're not going to go off sales and media outlets reviews were not having a substantive conversation. Maybe they're just stating their opinion or views from social media and boards they follow etc. . You can't really make a decent argument against the facts laid out other than you didn't care for the works.

If people want to debate the merits of the story fine. I didn't care for it and only remember a few issues, so I can't speak to the overarching story; however, that was not the consensus.

Bendis's work was very popular at least his first decade or so with Marvel after that I'd say his popularity has declined. Sometime around 2011 or 2012, he wasn't generating the sales he once did, but relative to the industry and competition he still did ok. I'm not sure how he's doing at DC, and frankly comic sales don't mean what they once did, but you can track his impact on the medium through multimedia. The Netflix MCU shows, the MCU, Disney+ shows, etc., etc. If we're not judging work on a weighted average of comic sales and reviews then we're just debating our personal opinions which is a different conversation.

But to get back on track, I'm curious to see where Marvel takes Echo. If this is just a temporary change or a long-term one. I often feel like some of Aaron's recent storylines are trial and error for tv and movies. It'll be interesting.

Bendis work was very popular at least his first decade or so with Marvel after that I'd say his popularity has declined. Sometime around 2011 or 2012 he wasn't generating the sales he once did. But you can track his impact on comics through multimedia. The Netflix MCU shows, the MCU, Disney+ shows etc. If were not judging work on a weighted average of comic sales and reviews then were just debating our personal opinions which is a different conversation.

But to get back on track, I'm curious to see where Marvel takes Echo. If this is just a temporary change or a longterm one. I often feel like some of Aaron's recent storylines are trial and error for tv and movies. It'll be interesting.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    If you're not going to go off sales and media outlets reviews were not having a substantive conversation. Maybe they're just stating their opinion or views from social media and boards they follow etc. . You can't really make a decent argument against the facts laid out other than you didn't care for the works.

If people want to debate the merits of the story fine. I didn't care for it and only remember a few issues, so I can't speak to the overarching story; however, that was not the consensus.

Bendis's work was very popular at least his first decade or so with Marvel after that I'd say his popularity has declined. Sometime around 2011 or 2012, he wasn't generating the sales he once did, but relative to the industry and competition he still did ok. I'm not sure how he's doing at DC, and frankly comic sales don't mean what they once did, but you can track his impact on the medium through multimedia. The Netflix MCU shows, the MCU, Disney+ shows, etc., etc. If we're not judging work on a weighted average of comic sales and reviews then we're just debating our personal opinions which is a different conversation.

But to get back on track, I'm curious to see where Marvel takes Echo. If this is just a temporary change or a long-term one. I often feel like some of Aaron's recent storylines are trial and error for tv and movies. It'll be interesting.

Bendis work was very popular at least his first decade or so with Marvel after that I'd say his popularity has declined. Sometime around 2011 or 2012 he wasn't generating the sales he once did. But you can track his impact on comics through multimedia. The Netflix MCU shows, the MCU, Disney+ shows etc. If were not judging work on a weighted average of comic sales and reviews then were just debating our personal opinions which is a different conversation.

But to get back on track, I'm curious to see where Marvel takes Echo. If this is just a temporary change or a longterm one. I often feel like some of Aaron's recent storylines are trial and error for tv and movies. It'll be interesting.
    I don't see MCU Echo getting the Phoenix...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see MCU Echo getting the Phoenix...
    I'd be surprised, but part of me thinks we've already seen the Dark Phoenix Saga twice. Do we need to see it a third time?

Then again both those movies were panned so maybe Marvel needs to do it right when they finally redo the X-men.
    The J-man

Ultimate Member

I can't imagine they'd do it a 3rd time. I assume Echo's story in the MCU will be something different

Yeah sales if UA dropped significantly
    GrindrStone(D)

That's exactly it, a book that was heavily marketed and a flag ship sitting outside the top 20 by issue 15 while other books which are at the same issue number were sitting much much higher. E.g. UXM and ANXM (with in thr top 20)

Sales were mediocre if we're just going by it

And if we're saying Bendis was in decline after 2011 to 2012 then UA was then doing poorly as Bendis books at the same number ranked higher in sales in the same month consistently
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-15-2021 at 03:18 AM.

Astonishing Member

Hickman and Bendis’s Avengers and X-Men runs did rather cut the legs out from UA’s pretensions of being Marvel-wide flagship book

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

By the time Bendis took over X-Men and Hickman took over Avengers, UA was mostly getting outsold by All-New, Uncanny and the Avengers. UA was still doing better than New Avengers and the other X-Men satellite books.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post

This has to be jok from someone that didn't read the book
    Is that not what the Acengers had planned for Hooe? Tad her off world?
    GrindrStone(D)