Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Absolute garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Yeah, I agree, I did like the Fongi girl who combined Iron Fist with Phoenix, but the was the only Phoenix candidate I could accept besides the Grey girls. Fongi is totally forgotten by all of Marvel though.
    I forgot all about fongus amongus.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yeah I gotta disagree I feel any comic worth reading should have a decent plot, action and color sequence is great and all but more is needed to get truly invested enough to waste 4 dollars every month.
    Definitely disagree. There's also an art to action. Raising the stakes, getting creative with sequences/powers/etc. Aaron does action very well and that's what you have to attend to to enjoy the stories. If you're focused on the plot, or want in-depth character explorations/narrative twists, this book is going to be a nightmare. But if you want to see your favorite characters employ their powers in new/unique/creative ways, this book is fun. We just had Black Panther prepare to block Wolverine's claw with a vibranium grill. That's something that has never happened before and will never happen again. Aaron's had Blade subdue Ghost Rider by using his vampire fangs to suck out a curse. Ghost Rider possessed a celestial. Those are the things he writes towards. I understand if people don't enjoy that, but I think it'd be helpful if people at least understood that's the essence of what this book is.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I genuinely am not trying to trash on this man but his Avengers tenure every issue I've bothered to pick up has been a clusterfuck and this event has no direction at all, & this Thor retcon seems like a desperate attempt to leave a mark.

Why're you still bothering to keep up with it in some fashion then? I get that a lot of people don't like his run and i'll even admit that i've found the quality of the run to be up and down but if it's not for you then why keep coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Why're you still bothering to keep up with it in some fashion then? I get that a lot of people don't like his run and i'll even admit that i've found the quality of the run to be up and down but if it's not for you then why keep coming back?
    I had some extra change & I was curious about the Thor plot so I said why not *shrugs*

It's a clusterf**k, plain and simple.

Whomever green lighted this fan fiction needs to take a long step back.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Spectacular Member

Any chance it's worth hoping Echo becomes the new Phoenix? Or should she just be assumed dead again and not showing back up in this story?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    We just had Black Panther prepare to block Wolverine's claw with a vibranium grill. That's something that has never happened before and will never happen again.
    Yet is not a surprise to anyone who's ever seen Logan throw down with Captain America. You know, the guy with a vibranium SHIELD.

Ghost Rider possessed a celestial.
    Which should be crap TBH.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Yet is not a surprise to anyone who's ever seen Logan throw down with Captain America. You know, the guy with a vibranium SHIELD.

Which should be crap TBH.
    you got it, vibranium shield just as normal as vibranium grills. also considering the intense feats ghost rider has had over his existence, it's really not a surprise. it's just a creative use of their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Absolute garbage.
    Pretty much.

Spectacular Member CaptainLiberty76's Avatar

The one hope I have is that when the new writer for The Avengers takes over someday somehow, that this entire run will be relegated to a Bobby Ewing in the shower sequence. In other words it will have never happened. I've been in Avengers fan for decades and this is without a doubt the worst run in it's storied history. Even worse than the original Heroes Reborn.

Incredible Member

People don't like Tchalla getting shine that's all

Spectacular Member CaptainLiberty76's Avatar

No, any spotlight that the Black Panther gets is the least he deserves. He has been and is an outstanding and deserving character. The problem with this run is a progression of 1 stupid story after another. From the use of a Celestial corpse as a headquarters to the present nonsense of this Phoenix steaming pile it has been a worthless and uninspired run.

Quote Originally Posted by The Twilight Mexican View Post
    Any chance it's worth hoping Echo becomes the new Phoenix? Or should she just be assumed dead again and not showing back up in this story?
    She isn't dead. Not sure if she has a chance since she isn't on the final battle