Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Where are the editors at Marvel? Isn't anyone paying attention to what is going on?
    That's because they don't exist they died out long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Galactus is dead thanks to Cates greatness

and his new backstory was horrible.

Cosmic Entities are really crap this days.
    I felt Hickman did a pretty good job with them...though if anyone else has before this crap shoot is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    This arc (and run as a whole) just keeps getting worse. I don’t know how Aaron managed it, but he may have actually outBendised Bendis.
    Well...crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    The cavewoman was the mother, she brought back the feeling of motherhood the pf was experiencing, she’s the one who was in love with odin
    So wait, was it the Host or the actual Phoenix Force?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    it was the host.

Firehair was the host for the Phoenix.

Odin banged her then she birthed Thor.

it wasn't the Phoenix Force herself.
    Last edited by GodThor; 03-06-2021 at 11:44 AM.

they way it was presented to us it was the host and the pf by proxy, but the actual mother was the mutant cavewoman, it was the resurgence on the cavewoman echo caused by the final host that revived the PF motherhood feelings toward thor, I expect she had an actual pregnancy .......
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-06-2021 at 11:48 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

Where are the editors at Marvel? Isn't anyone paying attention to what is going on?
    I think it's pretty clear the Avengers editors since Disassembled are less employees with oversight and more just trying to enable the writers to do what they want regardless of the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I think it's pretty clear the Avengers editors since Disassembled are less employees with oversight and more just trying to enable the writers to do what they want regardless of the consequences.
    there was a time when comics provided a treasure trove of creative inspiration for cinematic endeavors, sadly when it comes to Avengers comics this is no longer the case, the creative focus has clearly shifted to the tv/cinematic productions while their cartaceous counterpart has been left to its own devices and in its bid to outdo the much more profitable cinematic products is turning into a very stale self parody.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    That's because they don't exist they died out long ago.
    Yes, this is what I was thinking as well.

Marvel used to "worry" about providing fans who are spending their money (even back when they cost $0.10) a worthwhile product that was consistent and had the same great quality. It is a shame how that is no longer the case anymore and has not been the case for some time now.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member

Yes, this is what I was thinking as well.

Marvel used to "worry" about providing fans who are spending their money (even back when they cost $0.10) a worthwhile product that was consistent and had the same great quality. It is a shame how that is no longer the case anymore and has not been the case for some time now.
    Let's be honest that has been the case ever since Busiek left the Avengers. The old Avengers were lame and the old ways were bad so do whatever it takes to get butts in the seats. Now it big ideas over and over again. Not well thought of ideas, just big ideas. I could understand ignoring terrible ideas like the crossing but Thor's mom being Gaea is a perfectly fine idea. It's only thrown out because Aaron wanted his idea and besides the Phoenix is bigger than Gaea. The old readers are gone and the only ones that matter are the ones reading since Disassembled.

There some good ideas under all of this. It's just covered in Aaron's obsession with being like a Saturday morning cartoon. This would have never happen if Stern was writing.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    Let's be honest that has been the case ever since Busiek left the Avengers. The old Avengers were lame and the old ways were bad so do whatever it takes to get butts in the seats. Now it big ideas over and over again. Not well thought of ideas, just big ideas. I could understand ignoring terrible ideas like the crossing but Thor's mom being Gaea is a perfectly fine idea. It's only thrown out because Aaron wanted his idea and besides the Phoenix is bigger than Gaea. The old readers are gone and the only ones that matter are the ones reading since Disassembled.

There some good ideas under all of this. It's just covered in Aaron's obsession with being like a Saturday morning cartoon. This would have never happen if Stern was writing.
    The old readers are still around. We're just not buying this drivel, which in part hurts everyone, because we can't influence decision makers.

As for Saturday morning cartoons, when I was growing up we had cartoons that would put modern day comics to shame in the wonder and awe department. That's how bad things are now. I thought the powers that be were writing stories that the current generation wanted to read. But I guess not. My sympathies to the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    it was the host.

Firehair was the host for the Phoenix.

Odin banged her then she birthed Thor.

it wasn't the Phoenix Force herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    they way it was presented to us it was the host and the pf by proxy, but the actual mother was the mutant cavewoman, it was the resurgence on the cavewoman echo caused by the final host that revived the PF motherhood feelings toward thor, I expect she had an actual pregnancy .......
    Doesn't that mean Thor isn't a full god anymore? His mother was a human.

why do you have to ask such a hurtful question

not only a human but a mutant....anyway....that would make Thor just a demigod even thought I'm not really an expert on the dynamics involving female ovulation and phoenix possession.