Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Two things I'd like in the Forums

A notification if someone quotes you in a thread.

And a button to "Like" a post.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

I'd make that "An option to be notified"; otherwise, it may get tiring having notices you're being quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'd make that "An option to be notified"; otherwise, it may get tiring having notices you're being quoted.
    How often are you quoted? Usually notifications can be turned off an on, though I don't know the technical aspects for CBR.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

a button to "Like" a post.
    I wouldn’t mind that.
    I read through a lot of threads where I’ve nothing I want to add, but would upvote certain posts if it were an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I wouldn’t mind that.
    I read through a lot of threads where I’ve nothing I want to add, but would upvote certain posts if it were an option.
    Yes, this. I often want to say I agree with a post, but it seems superfluous to just post "I agree" or "what he said".

Yes, this. I often want to say I agree with a post, but it seems superfluous to just post "I agree" or "what he said".
    LOL, I only allow myself so many of those a day!

LOL, I only allow myself so many of those a day!
    And since we don't have a quote notification, the poster might never know someone liked what he said.

I second this!! Both would be great additions!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Make the quote thing optional, as it can very well get out of hand with a dozen or more notifications in your e-mail a day about it.

But the like button would be a great improvement, with maybe a few more things like LOL, and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Make the quote thing optional, as it can very well get out of hand with a dozen or more notifications in your e-mail a day about it.

But the like button would be a great improvement, with maybe a few more things like LOL, and what not.
    I don't see why you couldn't turn it on/off, or make it only a notification here on CBR. I don't get emails anymore when i get a private message, just a notification when I come to the Forums.

And since we don't have a quote notification, the poster might never know someone liked what he said.
    Yeah that’s true. Hadn’t even thought of that!

For what it’s worth, another site I go to has a quotation feature, and it doesn’t bother me or anything. It’s just a little number at the upper right of the screen. Click and it shows a drop down list.

Yeah that’s true. Hadn’t even thought of that!

For what it’s worth, another site I go to has a quotation feature, and it doesn’t bother me or anything. It’s just a little number at the upper right of the screen. Click and it shows a drop down list.
    A few sites I use have this feature in some form or another.

A few sites I use have this feature in some form or another.
    ^^^It’s a good feature imo. Helps me stay in conversations I may otherwise forget about.

Also, it might just be me but the search function here is pretty bad. I will literally put in exact sentences I’ve used and come back w. zero results.
    On the flip side, when I do get a result it just shows a thread, which all well and good, unless that thread is 20 pages long and I’ve got to search page by page at this point. Most search functions provide the actual post you’re looking for.

^^^It’s a good feature imo. Helps me stay in conversations I may otherwise forget about.

Also, it might just be me but the search function here is pretty bad. I will literally put in exact sentences I’ve used and come back w. zero results.
    On the flip side, when I do get a result it just shows a thread, which all well and good, unless that thread is 20 pages long and I’ve got to search page by page at this point. Most search functions provide the actual post you’re looking for.
    If you use the "Advance Search" option you get to do things like choose whether you see the results as threads or individual posts. You can also choose other ways to narrow down the results you get.

Advance Search never even gets me the thread I am looking for on a Forum.