Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,622

    Default Two things I'd like in the Forums

    A notification if someone quotes you in a thread.

    And a button to "Like" a post.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  2. #2
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    A notification if someone quotes you in a thread.

    And a button to "Like" a post.
    I'd make that "An option to be notified"; otherwise, it may get tiring having notices you're being quoted.

  3. #3
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'd make that "An option to be notified"; otherwise, it may get tiring having notices you're being quoted.
    How often are you quoted? Usually notifications can be turned off an on, though I don't know the technical aspects for CBR.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    4,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    a button to "Like" a post.
    I wouldn’t mind that.
    I read through a lot of threads where I’ve nothing I want to add, but would upvote certain posts if it were an option.

  5. #5
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I wouldn’t mind that.
    I read through a lot of threads where I’ve nothing I want to add, but would upvote certain posts if it were an option.
    Yes, this. I often want to say I agree with a post, but it seems superfluous to just post "I agree" or "what he said".
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    4,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes, this. I often want to say I agree with a post, but it seems superfluous to just post "I agree" or "what he said".
    LOL, I only allow myself so many of those a day!

  7. #7
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    LOL, I only allow myself so many of those a day!
    And since we don't have a quote notification, the poster might never know someone liked what he said.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  8. #8
    Incredible Member Odd Rödney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    A notification if someone quotes you in a thread.

    And a button to "Like" a post.
    I second this!! Both would be great additions!
    Pull List: X-Men - X-Men: Legends - X-Force - X-Factor - S.W.O.R.D - New Mutants - Marauders - Hellions - Excalibur - Demon Days - Children of the Atom - Wolverine - Wolverine: Black White & Blood - Deadpool - Cable

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This issue did not damage Laura or Darwin in anyway and I feel the outrage against how things were presented to be a bit blown out of proportion.

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7,505

    Default

    Make the quote thing optional, as it can very well get out of hand with a dozen or more notifications in your e-mail a day about it.

    But the like button would be a great improvement, with maybe a few more things like LOL, and what not.

  10. #10
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Make the quote thing optional, as it can very well get out of hand with a dozen or more notifications in your e-mail a day about it.

    But the like button would be a great improvement, with maybe a few more things like LOL, and what not.
    I don't see why you couldn't turn it on/off, or make it only a notification here on CBR. I don't get emails anymore when i get a private message, just a notification when I come to the Forums.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    4,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And since we don't have a quote notification, the poster might never know someone liked what he said.
    Yeah that’s true. Hadn’t even thought of that!

    For what it’s worth, another site I go to has a quotation feature, and it doesn’t bother me or anything. It’s just a little number at the upper right of the screen. Click and it shows a drop down list.

  12. #12
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Yeah that’s true. Hadn’t even thought of that!

    For what it’s worth, another site I go to has a quotation feature, and it doesn’t bother me or anything. It’s just a little number at the upper right of the screen. Click and it shows a drop down list.
    A few sites I use have this feature in some form or another.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    4,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    A few sites I use have this feature in some form or another.
    ^^^It’s a good feature imo. Helps me stay in conversations I may otherwise forget about.

    Also, it might just be me but the search function here is pretty bad. I will literally put in exact sentences I’ve used and come back w. zero results.
    On the flip side, when I do get a result it just shows a thread, which all well and good, unless that thread is 20 pages long and I’ve got to search page by page at this point. Most search functions provide the actual post you’re looking for.

  14. #14
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^It’s a good feature imo. Helps me stay in conversations I may otherwise forget about.

    Also, it might just be me but the search function here is pretty bad. I will literally put in exact sentences I’ve used and come back w. zero results.
    On the flip side, when I do get a result it just shows a thread, which all well and good, unless that thread is 20 pages long and I’ve got to search page by page at this point. Most search functions provide the actual post you’re looking for.
    If you use the "Advance Search" option you get to do things like choose whether you see the results as threads or individual posts. You can also choose other ways to narrow down the results you get.

  15. #15
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,622

    Default

    Advance Search never even gets me the thread I am looking for on a Forum.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •