Default movie Venom vs movie Venom

Spider-Man 3 version versus the version from his own movie.

They combin and become super venom!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Venom from Venom seemed to have a fair bit more versatility and raw strength than his Spider-Man counterpart.

But then it's been like... more than a decade since I saw Spider-Man 3 so I might just not be remembering stuff.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Venom from Venom seemed to have a fair bit more versatility and raw strength than his Spider-Man counterpart.

But then it's been like... more than a decade since I saw Spider-Man 3 so I might just not be remembering stuff.
    Hardy Venom certainly benefited from vastly better CGI and such. And not being in Spider-Man 3. That too. I don't think I'd give Hardy greater strength though: Venom in Spider-Man 3 was stronger than Tobey Spidey, and Tobey has some ridiculous feats. Yeah, that gets into A > B scaling issues, but it's also consistent with every version of Venom in every media ever.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Hardy Venom certainly benefited from vastly better CGI and such. And not being in Spider-Man 3. That too. I don't think I'd give Hardy greater strength though: Venom in Spider-Man 3 was stronger than Tobey Spidey, and Tobey has some ridiculous feats. Yeah, that gets into A > B scaling issues, but it's also consistent with every version of Venom in every media ever.
    I spun through the final fights of Spider-Man 3 and didn't see anything that suggested that he was concretely strongly than McGuire-Man.

Certainly around as strong but I didn't spot anything that cemented him as definitively superior.

Hardy Vernon, as I recall, was more a hulkng brute and throw around vehicles quite easily.

I spun through the final fights of Spider-Man 3 and didn't see anything that suggested that he was concretely strongly than McGuire-Man.

Certainly around as strong but I didn't spot anything that cemented him as definitively superior.

Hardy Vernon, as I recall, was more a hulkng brute and throw around vehicles quite easily.
    I would posit that "as strong as Tobey-man" still places him a fair bit higher than Hardy "Vernon" - which, as I read it, makes me think that Harry Potter's uncle has a symbiote.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I would posit that "as strong as Tobey-man" still places him a fair bit higher than Hardy "Vernon" - which, as I read it, makes me think that Harry Potter's uncle has a symbiote.
    I need to watch Hardy Vernon again to recall his strength feats.

Edit: for clarity, I'm not going to do that.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I second your position. Fortunately, where there isn't a will, there's a Guy1.

I second your position. Fortunately, where there isn't a will, there's a Guy1.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I never got round to putting myself through it in the first place.

BANNED

Venom from Venom IMO, he seemed to be more versatile and could adapt no?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I never got round to putting myself through it in the first place.
    I only did it like... about a year ago or something.

It's not bad to be honest. It's completely missing a real third act which is frankly a bizarre problem. The film goes through setup, seems to opening into its second act and then suddenly bolts to the end of the film. It's super weird.

Tom Hardy is, obviously, a captivating and entertaining presence on-screen but you have to work hard to make him uninteresting. I think he had a really solid take on Eddie as a character which was fun.

There's also a great moment where Eddie bursts into a restaurant, in the grip of a symbiote-induced hunger seizure and steals a steak from someone's plate and bites into it before spitting it out and declaring "This is dead!"

It's a really fun scene.