Default Godzilla (1954) vs The Hulk (Mark Ruffalo version)

The Scenario is simple, Godzilla has come to attack New York City and the rest of the Avengers are nowhere to be found, neither is any of the other half a million superheroes that happen to reside there. They must be all on lunch, except for The Hulk. My initial reaction is that the Hulk would win it based on his strength. However GZ is so relentless. What does everyone else think?

Are we extrapolating 54's limits based on what his Showa cousin (the 55 and onwards Godzilla) could do? Or sticking strictly to what we saw in the 54 film?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

He can probably take him the original Godzilla was probably the weakest version.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    He can probably take him the original Godzilla was probably the weakest version.
    1998 remains the weakest version in my opinion.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    If you count him as a Godzilla witch I guess he is at least a sub species of zilla so the top weakest Godzilla's would be 1 98 zilla 2 FW zilla 3 Godzilla 54 4 zilla jr?

Where would you put the 70s Hanna Barbera cartoon version?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Gino has like 20 metres of height than OG Godzilla and moves a fair bit faster as I recall. 54 Godzilla was very much more a lumbering sort of dude than the running and climbing Gino.

OG has his heat breath/beam which could certainly even the odds. Gino was comparatively very fragile.

It's kind of like a Rogue vs Tank match up. Rogue will probably get more hits in and could take a few wins but Tank can eat those hits mostly and only needs to hit once with a big spell to take it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Gino has like 20 metres of height than OG Godzilla and moves a fair bit faster as I recall. 54 Godzilla was very much more a lumbering sort of dude than the running and climbing Gino.

OG has his heat breath/beam which could certainly even the odds. Gino was comparatively very fragile.

It's kind of like a Rogue vs Tank match up. Rogue will probably get more hits in and could take a few wins but Tank can eat those hits mostly and only needs to hit once with a big spell to take it.
    On the topic of GINOs fragility, how realistic are the missiles he got shot with? Is this level of destruction something to be expected from them, or is this way stronger than real life?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Forgot about him probably below zilla jr?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    On the topic of GINOs fragility, how realistic are the missiles he got shot with? Is this level of destruction something to be expected from them, or is this way stronger than real life?

That's just Hollywood over the top bang boom kapow. It's a bit much.

The explosions that are visible against Godzilla's skin later on are much smaller.

Edit: also, pretty sure earlier in the film, they draw blood with machine gun fire. Isnt that how nick gets the sample to do the pregnancy test with?
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    HB Godzilla was still tough enough to completely ignore rockets, missiles, land mines and artillery in the one episode where he fights a military. It's way way more durable then 98 what for example.
    - big_adventure

I mean I've been thinking, and I still see Hull coming out on top. Just because of his overall strength and agility compared to Zilla. However I don't see it being an easy win, I mean I don't Hulk doing the mario swing on Godzilla by the tail, it would be one hell of a battle though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheConstantineDoctor View Post
    I mean I've been thinking, and I still see Hull coming out on top. Just because of his overall strength and agility compared to Zilla. However I don't see it being an easy win, I mean I don't Hulk doing the mario swing on Godzilla by the tail, it would be one hell of a battle though.
    I’ve been to Hull.

Trust me - it’ll never come out on top.