Extraordinary Member

Default Suicide Squad #1 Preview

Suicide Squad #1 Preview
    Writer: Robbie Thompson
    Artist: Eduardo Pansica

You know I genuinely like this preview because it feels like an evolution of Waller post No Justice and Leviathan, and of course Doomsday Clock and Death Metal. Someone who is aware of the greater dangers of the dc universe but has been powerless to actually stop it while constantly falling into the same trap of using a group of criminals to deal with terrorists. So I genuinely like the idea of her going bigger and using the Suicide Squad to build a power base/ Justice League equivalent.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I guess when you look at the last few years, the Squad really has been a trainwreck.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Oh wow DC finally acknowledges Ostrander's team since the reboot.

Is waller really believing Conner is a equal to superman? A deterrent for him incase they need one?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Looking forward to the series, as I've always been a big fan of the original Charlton heroes.

Peacemaker and Judomaster (It looks like him on the cover)....

have pretty much been underutilized by DC over the decades...so it's nice to see them finally used.

For me it's always been the vast array of obscure heroes coming to the forefront that has made me DC fan....so hoping it's a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Looking forward to the series, as I've always been a big fan of the original Charlton heroes.

Peacemaker and Judomaster (It looks like him on the cover)....

have pretty much been underutilized by DC over the decades...so it's nice to see them finally used.

For me it's always been the vast array of obscure heroes coming to the forefront that has made me DC fan....so hoping it's a good read.
    I’m pretty psyched for this. I’ve read (sometimes painfully) every SS book ever put out. This one looks to be starting w. some good ideas and potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I’m pretty psyched for this. I’ve read (sometimes painfully) every SS book ever put out. This one looks to be starting w. some good ideas and potential.
    Cool, you are a true suicide squad fan than.

I'm jumping on board for the Peacemaker, but I love the old school crew of Captain Boomerang, and Deadshot, as well as the fantastic Suicide Squad Black Files.

Fingers crossed, for a good read.

As long as they keep big-league villains out of it, I will be happy. I like to have a sense of doubt about who will live and who will die.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    As long as they keep big-league villains out of it, I will be happy. I like to have a sense of doubt about who will live and who will die.
    Yeah it’s not been every run but a good number of recent runs have been using a lot of the same cast. To see some change ups is nice.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Cool, you are a true suicide squad fan than.

I'm jumping on board for the Peacemaker, but I love the old school crew of Captain Boomerang, and Deadshot, as well as the fantastic Suicide Squad Black Files.

Fingers crossed, for a good read.
    ^^^I’ve always like Peacemaker.
    As a kid I had no idea he was a B lister and always wondered why he didn’t have a ongoing book!

^^^that doubt makes for a good story!
    Only bad thing would be the book turning into an old villain clearing house. Some of us like those guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^that doubt makes for a good story!
    Only bad thing would be the book turning into an old villain clearing house. Some of us like those guys!
    Yes, Suicide Squad is a nice way to flesh out C-list villains who rarely get the spotlight.

Yes, Suicide Squad is a nice way to flesh out C-list villains who rarely get the spotlight.
    ^^^That’s so true.
    And really, looking at my own statement I have to devils advocate myself and say that a well written send off for a villain (last minute act of valor, self sacrifice, turning on teammates, a true bad guy to his/her last breath) can be a cool thing.