Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Incredible Member

Looks pretty cool. I'm gonna get a DCU Infinite free trial for this. I was gonna pick up the Batman skins the last time they were on sale but it was fifteen freaking dollars...

Gage is either desperate to write for DC and will take anything, given how he always seems to end up writing the dumb comic book tie-ins to outside media, or he’s very mercenary. Easy skip for me but I am sort of curious how people will react to this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

I never thought DC would stoop so low.

Meh, I'm not a fan of Fortnite so this one is a hard pass for me. The poster does look cool.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gage is either desperate to write for DC and will take anything, given how he always seems to end up writing the dumb comic book tie-ins to outside media, or he’s very mercenary. Easy skip for me but I am sort of curious how people will react to this.
    It wouldn't be his first video game tie-in.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    I never thought DC would stoop so low.
    Batman and Catwoman were already playable a year ago

or was that Overwatch?

Nah pretty sure that was Fortnite

Fortnite has the fanbase DC desperately needs nowadays
    I'm sure they are going to advertise this in game too so more free-ish? promo for DC there

I'd prefer another injustice crossover

Not a Fortnite fan, I played save the world mostly lol, but this a smart marketing move nonetheless. Which is good to see.

I have never played fortnite, but my LCS has the premium variant set for $30 (all 6 books). What do you guys thing? Are these dollar bin comics in a few months? will they hold value? I dont buy books to make money just curious when I saw the deal what people think about it.

I have never played / know nothing about Fortnite.

That said, I am sort of curious to see what this crossover would be like, so I might wind up trying the first issue or two.

Quote Originally Posted by JokesOnYouuuuuu View Post
    I have never played fortnite, but my LCS has the premium variant set for $30 (all 6 books). What do you guys thing? Are these dollar bin comics in a few months? will they hold value? I dont buy books to make money just curious when I saw the deal what people think about it.

These are trash. Fortnite is a dying game that no one takes serious. It was a rip off of another game that offered a gimmick which was it had building in it. It was the biggest thing in the world from 2017 -2019. It appealed to kids and adults due to it being cartonish and easy. The game is dying. It has a Fan base bigger than most or player base but at one time 10s of millions of people played daily.

They just did a big marvel cross over (no comic for that) that was skins and events in game. This is basically a cash grab by d.c. And fortnite to sell skins. Tying it to a physical comic is to get people into comic shops (since only is weirdos go to them).

I can guarantee you there is nothing of substance in these books. It will be batman in the fortnite game world doing nothing new,creative, important. neither dc nor fortnite will let their characters go over. These books are basically the same kind you would get in a cereal box or from McDonald's.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.
    Last edited by Bad Witch; 03-09-2021 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    These are trash. Fortnite is a dying game that no one takes serious. It was a rip off of another game that offered a gimmick which was it had building in it. It was the biggest thing in the world from 2017 -2019. It appealed to kids and adults due to it being cartonish and easy. The game is dying. It has a Fan base bigger than most or player base but at one time 10s of millions of people played daily.

They just did a big marvel cross over (no comic for that) that was skins and events in game. This is basically a cash grab by d.c. And fortnite to sell skins. Tying it to a physical comic is to get people into comic shops (since only is weirdos go to them).

I can guarantee you there is nothing of substance in these books. It will be batman in the fortnite game world doing nothing new,creative, important. neither dc nor fortnite will let their characters go over. These books are basically the same kind you would get in a cereal box or from McDonald's.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.
    you just slapped me with some realism. does make sense. Cant see this being an event with any meaning.

[QUOTE=JokesOnYouuuuuu;5421658]you just slapped me with some realism. does make sense. Cant see this being an event with any meaning.

Word