Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Extraordinary Member

I can only imagine a lot of the calls to the shops that they were not anticipating were from people who had kids asking them to get the comic and those kids don't realize the direct market has turned into a preorder pick up service. (or people of any age who otherwise don't really follow comics)

Of course, I also had to quickly add this to my pull the other day after my kids waited to the last second to bug me for it. I don't know if there is any spec value in it, or it is really just the code for the Harley skin.

What a disaster. I asked for a second one today and was told it's sold out. Apparently all the scalpers are buying them up because eBay is flooded with 60-75 dollar copies. So gross.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I can only imagine a lot of the calls to the shops that they were not anticipating were from people who had kids asking them to get the comic and those kids don't realize the direct market has turned into a preorder pick up service. (or people of any age who otherwise don't really follow comics)

Of course, I also had to quickly add this to my pull the other day after my kids waited to the last second to bug me for it. I don't know if there is any spec value in it, or it is really just the code for the Harley skin.

There is zero value in the comic, the secondary market that has been created revolves around the skin that isn't available anywhere else.so basically dc and fortnite created a black market on eBay

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    There is zero value in the comic, the secondary market that has been created revolves around the skin that isn't available anywhere else.so basically dc and fortnite created a black market on eBay
    If that is the reason... geez. The skin will hit the shop in June. I understand some people want it now, and hopefully they are buying it for that much because they can't wait and not because they don't know it will be released in the summer.

If that is the reason... geez. The skin will hit the shop in June. I understand some people want it now, and hopefully they are buying it for that much because they can't wait and not because they don't know it will be released in the summer.

I think the main issue is the people who played fortnite had no Idea the book was coming, or as pointed out and no idea you had to pre order. I also think some people knew those people didn't know and ordered like four or five (not sure if it would be a hot book so they only bought a few in case it wasnt) .

Another thing that was not clear is that you had to buy the physical book. I had assumed digital copies came with a code but they dont. I know some ads in this week's books specify that but I never saw those ads in previous weeks.

As for june, I don't know about that. These books run till July and you have to buy all six to get the batman armoured skin. If they release the few that have come out before the run is over no one is going to buy the books.a safer bet is Christmas or next year with the armoured batman staying exclusive.

Extraordinary Member

I think the main issue is the people who played fortnite had no Idea the book was coming, or as pointed out and no idea you had to pre order. I also think some people knew those people didn't know and ordered like four or five (not sure if it would be a hot book so they only bought a few in case it wasnt) .

Another thing that was not clear is that you had to buy the physical book. I had assumed digital copies came with a code but they dont. I know some ads in this week's books specify that but I never saw those ads in previous weeks.

As for june, I don't know about that. These books run till July and you have to buy all six to get the batman armoured skin. If they release the few that have come out before the run is over no one is going to buy the books.a safer bet is Christmas or next year with the armoured batman staying exclusive.
    People are definitely buying multiples to scalp.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/e...rives-april-20

Details are in there and all six items from the codes will be in the shop on the day the issue releases other than Harley which will be delayed. That skin would be the biggest draw out of all the codes and it gets people to check out the first issue. The only thing that is not clear is whether the Batman Armored skin is hitting the shop, but the wording in a couple spots suggests everything will be available in the shop. Does that mean it will be available on its own or only if all six other items are redeemed or purchased?

Anyway, I have heard alright reviews on the book. I might check it out after my kids get through with them and redeem their codes.

Does anyone know if any Batfamily members besides Bruce, Selina, and Harley are in it? I had it pre-ordered, but don't plan on opening it.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

No the physical copies have no value its for the costume codes offered
    You can't get it from digital copies apparently due to some oversight
    So that's increasing demand in some fashion

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    No the physical copies have no value its for the costume codes offered
    You can't get it from digital copies apparently due to some oversight
    So that's increasing demand in some fashion
    "Oversight", or was it specifically planned that way to get more publicity out of all this?

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Does anyone know if any Batfamily members besides Bruce, Selina, and Harley are in it? I had it pre-ordered, but don't plan on opening it.
    There is a leak that has a deathstroke glider and smart money says a deathstroke skin is one of the six.

There is a leak that has a deathstroke glider and smart money says a deathstroke skin is one of the six.
    I meant like characters in the book. I don't give a $%&@ about Fortnite.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-