Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think WB once again botched the roll out of a new superhero project. They made an announcement with very few details and allowed the rumor mill to control the narrative. They should have waited until they had even a basic outline for the movie to release a vague synopsis. If they had included the term multiverse or reimagining, people wouldn’t be freaking out that Clark Kent is going to be replaced or that “their Superman” will be changed forever. They should have looked to Into the Spider-verse for reference.
    True about the rumor mill, but I don't think it matters much (GA doesn't care - and don't actively read comic book news/sites). Only people who care about this right now are comic book nerds like us.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Has WB put out an official announcement? No. Is the writing on the wall? Yes.
    I would prefer Clark Kent personally, but if they opt for either Val or Cal I wouldn’t mind, but I would be much less interested. Clark is the one with the mythos that has the most richest for the movies to draw upon. I guess I’ll wait and see.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I would prefer Clark Kent personally, but if they opt for either Val or Cal I wouldn’t mind, but I would be much less interested. Clark is the one with the mythos that has the most richest for the movies to draw upon. I guess I’ll wait and see.
    Not everyone thinks they will. Dispenser and Superlad both think they could racebend Jon for example, and Dispenser thinks Clark is an option too. I guess we just wait and see. I checked out some of the recent posts made by DC social media accounts, they’re going nuts campaigning for Henry. Looks like the toxicity won’t be going anywhere.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    From the similar thread in the TV forum-

I'm curious and concerned about the creative team. A black Superman isn't that big a deal because we have two already. We also have a Chinese Superman and a Mexican Superman so I'm hoping a South Asian Superman is around the corner .

If we can have a Black Lex Luthor we can live with a Black Clark Kent.
    I agree it is no big deal or rather shouldn't be in 2021.

I'm also concerned about the creative team. I do hope my concerns are misplaced.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Not there yet?

Kal-El/Superman has been in the public consciousness for over eighty years. How much 'Kal-El foundation' do you need before you 'add on to the house'?
    There is no current film series starring Kal-El, hence there is no foundation or house to build off of.

Singer's was a bland rehash of Donner that didn't make it past the foundation stage. Snyder's set his "house" on fire while laughing manically and screaming "PRAISE THE LORD" so no foundation there.

We've also had 80 years of Batman content, with more movies and a successful trilogy that only wrapped up in 2012, hijacked a Superman sequel and wasn't embraced that much more than Snyder's Superman, yet Bruce Wayne is getting another trilogy. Why not Dick Grayson or Terry McGinnis? As long as Bruce is getting more movies, I don't have much patience for hearing that Kal-El had enough chances. Hell, even if Wonder Woman 3 is announced, I don't really trust the studio to not be at least considering phasing out Diana after the underwhelming response to WW84, despite her first movie being a hit.

Ultimate Member

Not everyone thinks they will. Dispenser and Superlad both think they could racebend Jon for example, and Dispenser thinks Clark is an option too. I guess we just wait and see. I checked out some of the recent posts made by DC social media accounts, they’re going nuts campaigning for Henry. Looks like the toxicity won’t be going anywhere.
    Already started.

Ray Fisher's "diss".
    Snyder cut fans have slowly started going off.
    Black folks going off.
    The usual suspects aside from 2 have been quiet or slow in venting.

However enough folks have gone off that Coates left Twitter.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am pretty cool with Jon being not white.Just keep the hair style and personality.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am pretty cool with Jon being not white.Just keep the hair style and personality.
    C'mon, no fair, his bland personality is the worst part.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Not there yet?

Kal-El/Superman has been in the public consciousness for over eighty years. How much 'Kal-El foundation' do you need before you 'add on to the house'?
    Well, good foundation as in well-received movies (which has been a while unless you count the animated films).
    Considering Coates and his feelings on Superman, I think he would rather deal with a blank slate black Superman rather than try and work with the Kent legacy.

The only thing I could see Coates finding appealing about Superman is Lois Lane.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    C'mon, no fair, his bland personality is the worst part.
    To you it might be bland.jon is quirky,energetic,sunny, emotional,expressive, mischievous..etc.
    Clark is a bland dad figure with or without Jon.The guy is Jesus.Conner feels outdated most of the time.Otherwise,they just make more like goldenage superman in things like young justice.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-27-2021 at 08:54 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    To you it might be bland.jon is quirky,energetic,sunny, emotional,expressive..etc.Clark is a bland dad figure with or without Jon.The guy is Jesus.Conner feels outdated most of the time.Otherwise,they just make more like goldenage superman in things like young justice.
    You didn't notice the winky face, huh? It is a joke (mostly).

I think a lot of people forget about the whole Multiverse angle, Henry Cavill doesn't necessarily have to be going anywhere, plus Val had a Kal-El on his Earth. Worst case scenario we just got a whole Superman and Lois TV show that I'm sure will last a decent number of years for fans of Clark.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Considering Coates and his feelings on Superman, I think he would rather deal with a blank slate black Superman rather than try and work with the Kent legacy.

The only thing I could see Coates finding appealing about Superman is Lois Lane.
    I think it could go either way. It’s possible he’ll use Clark as he is the one with the vast source material to draw upon who would be easier to make a movie out of than say Val and Cal, who don’t have nearly as much source material to draw from as Clark. and he may want to put his own stamp on the character’s classic secret identity. I personally would prefer he work with Clark but I understand the objections to radically tweaking the look of a character that has remained constant since 1938 but I want a Clark Kent Superman movie which I feel we have yet to get.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-27-2021 at 09:46 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I'll take this over Snyder's Superman launching his villains through buildings full of people.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I'll take this over Snyder's Superman launching his villains through buildings full of people.
    Yeah, that's more your signature move than his.