Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

I think WB once again botched the roll out of a new superhero project. They made an announcement with very few details and allowed the rumor mill to control the narrative. They should have waited until they had even a basic outline for the movie to release a vague synopsis. If they had included the term multiverse or reimagining, people wouldn’t be freaking out that Clark Kent is going to be replaced or that “their Superman” will be changed forever. They should have looked to Into the Spider-verse for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think WB once again botched the roll out of a new superhero project. They made an announcement with very few details and allowed the rumor mill to control the narrative. They should have waited until they had even a basic outline for the movie to release a vague synopsis. If they had included the term multiverse or reimagining, people wouldn’t be freaking out that Clark Kent is going to be replaced or that “their Superman” will be changed forever. They should have looked to Into the Spider-verse for reference.
    Hey, it's WB what else do you expect? Sadly, at this point, it is par for the course.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Also, why would WB announce this the day after their Superman show debuted to good reviews? It’s also 3 weeks until the Snyder Cut is released...why do this at this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Also, why would WB announce this the day after their Superman show debuted to good reviews? It’s also 3 weeks until the Snyder Cut is released...why do this at this time?
    Black History Month?

Today is a new day.

And this news is still so, so bad. They still needed to re-establish the true Superman to a successful screen incarnation for the first time since 1978 before even beginning to imagine branching off and doing a spin-off version. I know, they're utterly incapable of that.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Today is a new day.

And this news is still so, so bad. They still needed to re-establish the true Superman to a successful screen incarnation for the first time since 1978 before even beginning to imagine branching off and doing a spin-off version. I know, they're utterly incapable of that.
    Superman has always gone through interpretations. This is just another one of those interpretations.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see Coates writing Morrison Superman, at least in personality.
    I don't even know why WB even hired this man. After everything i read about him I'd take Snyder over him any day.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Superman has always gone through interpretations. This is just another one of those interpretations.
    His argument is essentially "you should focus on properly establishing the foundation before trying to add on to the house."

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Black History Month?
    Maybe, in which case they should have tried to announce this at the start of the month rather than at the end. What am I talking about? Asking for competency from WB at this point is, well, pointless. They have a knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.*sigh*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    His argument is essentially "you should focus on properly establishing the foundation before trying to add on to the house."
    Yup, this. A version of Superman that is not Kal-El is an addition, an extension. You don't extend or add onto something that itself is not there yet. Supergirl I give a little bit of a pass to on that because she can and has quite often operated independently. But even ideally there you should have the main guy set up first. Which they don't. Just WB cutting corners per usual.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Maybe, in which case they should have tried to announce this at the start of the month rather than at the end. What am I talking about? Asking for competency from WB at this point is, well, pointless. They have a knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.*sigh*
    The ink might have only just dried in the deal.

Astonishing Member

Yup, this. A version of Superman that is not Kal-El is an addition, an extension. You don't extend or add onto something that itself is not there yet. Supergirl I give a little bit of a pass to on that because she can and has quite often operated independently. But even ideally there you should have the main guy set up first. Which they don't. Just WB cutting corners per usual.
    Do we know for sure that it’s not Kal-El/Clark Kent?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Not there yet?

Kal-El/Superman has been in the public consciousness for over eighty years. How much 'Kal-El foundation' do you need before you 'add on to the house'?

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Do we know for sure that it’s not Kal-El/Clark Kent?
    Has WB put out an official announcement? No. Is the writing on the wall? Yes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

From the similar thread in the TV forum-

I'm curious and concerned about the creative team. A black Superman isn't that big a deal because we have two already. We also have a Chinese Superman and a Mexican Superman so I'm hoping a South Asian Superman is around the corner .

If we can have a Black Lex Luthor we can live with a Black Clark Kent.