Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Calvin and Val-Zod should be composited into one character

Val-Zod being raised in Georgia by the Ellis family to grow up to become a pastor, who then goes into politics to become a senator, and finally becomes a presidential nominee against Gordon Godfrey
    Sounds awful, **** no. Why do the two black Supermen need to be merged together that’s idiotic.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Maybe there is a quota of "only one black Superman allowed" that we don't know about? But yeah, sounds awful.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Coates was supposed to submit his Superman script in Dec. 2021 but so far we didn't have any update on this project.

Insider ViewerAnon has heard WB is clueless as usual on what to do:

"There are all sorts of rumors the nature of the next SUPERMAN movie keeps changing. I don’t know if WB/JJ and company are sure what they want to do with it yet.

There’s a relatability issue with Supes that’s hard to crack. Snyder tried to address this with the burden of essentially being a god stuff. Singer tried to do it with him feeling left out as the world moved on. I’d wager money that’s the main JJ-and-friends holdup."

https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/statu...37803056640000

Kinda wondered if I should make a thread but I guess we’ll just use this one. I’ve seen other “insiders” say they’re not hearing anything about the Coates project and it may be dead. No tears on my part if so. Perhaps the seeming inability of WB to come to a decision on Cavill is playing a part. If Cavill is actually planning to return then they may have decided to hold off on rebooting Superman. If Cavill does return I expect the Val-Zod project to also be cancelled or left to wither in dev hell. For now the only Super character moving forward seems to be Supergirl who is set to be the “face” of the franchise going forward regardless of whether or not Cavill returns or these other projects get made.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Just adapt Up in the Sky, Superman don't need to be relatable, he needs to have a relatable objectve, in that case rescue a litle girl who was kidnapped by aliens, he is the only one who can hepl her, so he goes. No burden, no powers, just wanting to help someone in need.
    John Wick isn't relatable as a person, but wanting revenge is. We don't need know how it is to be a superpowered alien, but as long as we understand what and why Superman want to do, we can relate in that instance.

Also, James Bond isn't relatable and he have 20+ movies.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 03-21-2022 at 04:58 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kinda wondered if I should make a thread but I guess we’ll just use this one. I’ve seen other “insiders” say they’re not hearing anything about the Coates project and it may be dead. No tears on my part if so. Perhaps the seeming inability of WB to come to a decision on Cavill is playing a part. If Cavill is actually planning to return then they may have decided to hold off on rebooting Superman. If Cavill does return I expect the Val-Zod project to also be cancelled or left to wither in dev hell. For now the only Super character moving forward seems to be Supergirl who is set to be the “face” of the franchise going forward regardless of whether or not Cavill returns or these other projects get made.
    Is the Supergirl movie still happening? I haven't heard **** about it in too long.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Is the Supergirl movie still happening? I haven't heard **** about it in too long.
    Lives or dies probably on Flashpoint probably.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Someone finally figured out that Abrams sucks and said "what were we thinking?"
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Lives or dies probably on Flashpoint probably.
    Yeah they’re definitely waiting to see how Flashpoint is received, but last we heard the Supergirl movie is back in dev. They were trying to get Cavill to be her mentor the way Keaton will be for Leslie iirc, but I don’t see Cavill going for that unless they give him something of his own. An HBO Max series or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Someone finally figured out that Abrams sucks and said "what were we thinking?"
    Nah he’s still doing the JLD stuff and may have another DC movie in the works. Think it’s more likely they thought Coates script sucked, and also just don’t believe that Superman can be a hit. I think for now they’re content to just let S&L and MAWS run. Of course they could release an update tomorrow but that’s my two cents.

Spectacular Member

I just feel like i'm on crazy pills sometimes. It seems so obvious to me that everyone not only loves Cavill as Superman, but Cavill in general. How does WB not see this? Are they really that divorced from reality?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I was optimistic towards this... it's sad that it ain't happening.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Coates was supposed to submit his Superman script in Dec. 2021 but so far we didn't have any update on this project.

Insider ViewerAnon has heard WB is clueless as usual on what to do:

"There are all sorts of rumors the nature of the next SUPERMAN movie keeps changing. I don’t know if WB/JJ and company are sure what they want to do with it yet.

There’s a relatability issue with Supes that’s hard to crack. Snyder tried to address this with the burden of essentially being a god stuff. Singer tried to do it with him feeling left out as the world moved on. I’d wager money that’s the main JJ-and-friends holdup."

https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/statu...37803056640000

Oh My fucking God. Are these people mentally handicapped? It's not that hard WB!

I knew this was going to happen.By enlarge,hollywood including the suits has negative perception about superman.Some of it is true.

Bruh we were literally talking about ways they can reboot Superman. Literally they can have him start at GA power Levels and have him progressed throughout his movies and get stronger and have him be at normal power levels in the final movies. I cannot fathom that a Multi billion dollar company can't come up with ideas when you guys do it on the go.

Most of them don't even know goldenage superman exists