Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    That's actually the point - they intentionally want people who don't understand the character, because they don't get the character either and think he needs to be changed.

I saw the news and at first I was all "Yay, we're getting a Superman movie!" Then I saw it is probably going to be a black Superman and I was like "I hope they don't make Clark black and go with Val or Calvin or whoever instead!" And then I saw all the news about the writer for this and I was all "Aw hell, dammit WB..."

So yeah, a rollercoaster of emotions...
    I've been reading about this and it just comes across a woke bullshit. I'm not interested in that. You want a black Superman with racial stuff? You have Icon. You want to use Val? You need to do a proper Superman first and have Val take over when he dies. Calvin works as an Elseworld one shot. But if this is a reboot you need have you main Superman be the traditional Superman. Idk I'm just angry at all of this. JJ drove Star Wars to the ground and the witter pretty i dislike everything i read about what he has done so far.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I mean, in a couple of weeks I am going to watch Zack Snyder's 4 hour Superman trilogy come to end, and thats kind of how I see Justice League, thanks to posters on this board. This weekend I am going to watch the CW Superman and Lois show. And today, JJ Abrams is going to direct a Superman movie. I don't blame Star Wars on him and there are tons of people who love those movies. I don't hear bad news in this. And if it helps, Curt Swan drew the majority of my favorite Superman stories, and yeah the worst thing about the recent Black Panther comics is that they were kind of boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I've been reading about this and it just comes across a woke bullshit. I'm not interested in that. You want a black Superman with racial stuff? You have Icon. You want to use Val? You need to do a proper Superman first and have Val take over when he dies. Calvin works as an Elseworld one shot. But if this is a reboot you need have you main Superman be the traditional Superman. Idk I'm just angry at all of this. JJ drove Star Wars to the ground and the witter pretty i dislike everything i read about what he has done so far.
    Agree with all of this except the Star Wars thing. He didn't drive it into the ground. Disney and Kennedy did. When Abrams was largely in charge he gave the best received installment of the trilogy. Then, the worst you could accuse him of was borrowing too much from the original. It was after that things went to ****. Then they brought him back to try to fix it but interfered. Fast forward to now, and replacing Clark wasn't his idea at all either. We know this because they've been wanting to do it for 2+ years now, ever since JL failed. This is all WB execs.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Agree with all of this except the Star Wars thing. He didn't drive it into the ground. Disney and Kennedy did. When Abrams was largely in charge he gave the best received installment of the trilogy. Then, the worst you could accuse him of was borrowing too much from the original. It was after that things went to ****. Then they brought him back to try to fix it but interfered. Fast forward to now, and replacing Clark wasn't his idea at all either. We know this because they've been wanting to do it for 2+ years now, ever since JL failed. This is all WB execs.
    I think post-FA people were probably assuming Abrams would deliver a more standard Superman that people have been asking for, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Alright.fine you are right Kennedy has been nothing but poison to the Star Wats brand but JJ still has a hand in the sorry state SWis now. And as far as this crap. Is just going to drive the IP into the ground. This is soemthigb Superma. Absolutely DOES NO NEED RIGHT NOW. We need a traditional fun Superman movie first before you bring Val. And if you are gonna bring him use Spiderverse as an inspiration.

I generally agree with you but I would give JJ more of the blame than you do.

Ironic that DC/Warner is seemingly still ashamed of Big Blue when Superman imitators are killing it both in Manga/Anime (Goku, One Punch Man, My Hero Academia, exact) and American TV (most recently the Boys and several others over the past twenty years) and have been for years.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I still don’t think it will be a black Clark, and Calvin seems likely.
    I hope you're right - I'm oddly fine with a black Superman, but a black Clark Kent Superman is just a no-no. A Calvin Ellis Superman movie, or some AU Superman type movie? I can look forward to that. Race bending Clark Kent? That just sets me up to expect the worst...

(edit - and again, hearing all that about the writer doesn't help)
    Last edited by Vakanai; 02-26-2021 at 08:00 PM.

I thought it'd take an unholy miracle to kill my buzz/hype for the announcement of a Superman movie. So, way to go WB, way to go...

I hope you're right - I'm oddly fine with a black Superman, but a black Clark Kent Superman is just a no-no. A Calvin Ellis Superman movie, or some AU Superman type movie? I can look forward to that. Race bending Clark Kent? That just sets me up to expect the worst...

(edit - and again, hearing all that about the writer doesn't help)
    I rather we do traditional Superman right before anything

Don't read Marvel but I guess the stuff posted about BP I guess cocks an eyebrow from me but I'm interested to see where Coates takes this given I've followed him on-and-off over the years.

Also re: Star Wars talk.

The worst thing Abrams did with Star Wars was do all he could to try and retcon TLJ (the best SW film) like a coward. We will not debating this, 'kay thks bye.

I rather we do traditional Superman right before anything
    I think we all would here - problem is we can't get that, because the WB execs will not allow that, because they think there is something wrong with a traditional Superman that will translate into them not making a big enough profit. So, it doesn't matter, as long as the execs lack the faith, we'll never see a good, normal Superman up on the big screen again.

I think we all would here - problem is we can't get that, because the WB execs will not allow that, because they think there is something wrong with a traditional Superman that will translate into them not making a big enough profit. So, it doesn't matter, as long as the execs lack the faith, we'll never see a good, normal Superman up on the big screen again.
    Maybe they shouldn't have hired and edgelord to direct a Superman reboot and then jump to Batman and have him killed. This isn't the way. The internet is literally on a meltdown over this.

I'm also very concerned about the writer and his 911 comments. Seriously is really messed up.

Maybe they shouldn't have hired and edgelord to direct a Superman reboot and then jump to Batman and have him killed. This isn't the way. The internet is literally on a meltdown over this.
    Oh, they shouldn't - but they hired the edgelord because they didn't have faith in a traditional fun Superman and thought a more Batman movie dark tone Superman would sell. This isn't a different mistake - it's the same mistake. They haven't learned the lesson, they think the problem is their last untraditional take wasn't untraditional enough!

Oh, they shouldn't - but they hired the edgelord because they didn't have faith in a traditional fun Superman and thought a more Batman movie dark tone Superman would sell. This isn't a different mistake - it's the same mistake. They haven't learned the lesson, they think the problem is their last untraditional take wasn't untraditional enough!
    I feel like there is a disconnection between movies and tv. Look at Superman and Lois. Heard good this there. That's what people want