Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    From what I can tell of Spider-Man I've read and Spider-Man fans I've talked to, this seems a modern thing. His entire thing is being treated as an equal despite his age.
    Yeah, I definitely don't remember Stan Lee Spidey looking up to other heroes.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    On the bolded, considering the movie won't be out until next year, how do you know what the Easter eggs will be?
    A friend of a lost relative of my 3rd cousin works at WB.

Joking aside, from what I recall from the set pics, a guy dressed as Superman will go at a Halloween party in Gotham, Metropolis and Superman are referenced in some newspaper and the Lexcorp should be there too. These feel a lot of SM references for a BM movie, imo. Especially one that the director wanted divorced from the rest of the DCEU.

jj abrams! HAHA
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    No, that's really not the same. If Snyder thought he didn't have to establish his version of Clark Kent as a proper character, that sums up the problem with his movies. Developing an iteration of an adaptation of the character is not the same as the general existence of the character in all forms of media.

The entire reason the MCU Spider-Man was more tied to the Avengers and a protege of Iron Man's was because the other takes had been done before. Even though Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man left off on a cliffhanger. It's the same exact thing happening to Superman.
    Eh, that's...not an argument that is going to persuade me. I think the MCU Spider-Man films have been the weakest MCU films to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    A friend of a lost relative of my 3rd cousin works at WB.

Joking aside, from what I recall from the set pics, a guy dressed as Superman will go at a Halloween party in Gotham, Metropolis and Superman are referenced in some newspaper and the Lexcorp should be there too. These feel a lot of SM references for a BM movie, imo. Especially one that the director wanted divorced from the rest of the DCEU.
    I completely forgot about those set photos!

Eh - there's a difference between being divorced from the DCEU, and being divorced from DC. Superman can exist in the world of The Batman and never get his own film in that world. The Superman reboot, whatever race Superman is or whichever Superman it is, can exist in a world where Batman exists, but it isn't The Batman or any other we've had or will get in solo films.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Spidey was never the adult in the room.He was the teen who looked up to the likes of cap and tony.The characterisation was pretty standard.
    At most he admired/fanboy'd Cap a bit, but was never the kid looking up to the big boys the movies portray him as.

He was basically the rebellious loner superhero. Pete losing some of his independence is one of the weaknesses of his MCU incarnation

Eh, that's...not an argument that is going to persuade me. I think the MCU Spider-Man films have been the weakest MCU films to date.
    I'm not trying to persuade you, really, I don't consider it subjective. Clark Kent is established within the public consciousness and has been for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I'm not trying to persuade you, really, I don't consider it subjective. Clark Kent is established within the public consciousness and has been for decades.
    Eh, to each their own. I'm still crossing my fingers hoping whether they go with a black or white Superman, they don't resort to racebending Clark.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    At most he admired/fanboy'd Cap a bit, but was never the kid looking up to the big boys the movies portray him as.

He was basically the rebellious loner superhero. Pete losing some of his independence is one of the weaknesses of his MCU incarnation
    The entire with Spidey is that,when hung out with others he was always outclassed.Wanting to be Spiderman is counterproductive because the selfish choice is the first.That is why he likes cap.Even Then he always goes for Tony.because cap ain't relatable for him.Cap can only be a pedestal and ideal.Even in comics he goes to Tony regarding things.Movies are just more integrated and they don't split the ip.There is a reason for that too.They haven't had Peter fanboying at anything other than tech.

He was rebellious and loner. But that was never in adult manner for me.It was growing pains.That sorta thing.His rebelliousness doesn't have any essence like caps does in the winter soldier onwards or even goldenage superman.These guys are alone cause they fight for an ideal.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

The entire with Spidey is that,when hung out with others he was always outclassed.Wanting to be Spiderman is counterproductive because the selfish choice is the first.That is why he likes cap.Even Then he always goes for Tony.because cap ain't relatable for him.Cap can only be a pedestal and ideal.Even in comics he goes to Tony regarding things.Movies are just more integrated and they don't split the ip.There is a reason for that too.They haven't had Peter fanboying at anything other than tech.

He was rebellious and loner. But that was never in adult manner for me.It was growing pains.That sorta thing.His rebelliousness doesn't have any essence like caps does in the winter soldier onwards or even goldenage superman.These guys are alone cause they fight for an ideal.
    Eh, you dig how Spidey is in the MCU - but a lot of us really aren't feeling it. He just...doesn't stand on his own merits there for me.

Eh, you dig how Spidey is in the MCU - but a lot of us really aren't feeling it. He just...doesn't stand on his own merits there for me.
    I am just pretty much indifferent.The only characters i like is tony stark and steve rogers.They took apart hulk and every aspect of the character.This is just my view on spiderman.He feels normal to me.Hulk is my character.I get a catharsis because of the child abuse angle.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-02-2021 at 10:29 PM.

I am just pretty much indifferent.The only characters i like is tony stark and steve rogers.They took apart hulk and every aspect of the character.This is just my view on spiderman.He feels normal to me.Hulk is my character.I get a catharsis because of the child abuse angle.
    Child abuse angle? I must have missed that part about Hulk in these movies?

Child abuse angle? I must have missed that part about Hulk in these movies?
    Not in the movies.The comics.Actually,they did kinda have that ang lee movie.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Marvel just got Isaiah Bradley as Captain America on screen! I wonder if Warner Brothers is playing catch up and knew that was coming?

Their well-established verse in two mediums makes it incredibly easier for them now to plug in certain ideas rather quickly. If they want to showcase Isaiah as a black Cap, they have the opportunity to get plenty of mileage out of it before this Superman reboot even starts filming.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El