Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    1. It could absolutely be wrong, the movie is in early development, NDAs exist, etc.

2. If you really think it'll be a white Superman, you're gonna be very disappointed.
    Bold of you to assume I'm not disappointed already

Astonishing Member

I do think they will go with Clark Kent because he has an over 80 year library to draw from. He's THE iconic Superman that everyone recognises, race bending him will stir the pot but it's something they think they can make work. Whether that actually happens remains to be seen, they haven't cracked the code yet with at least four movies and two separate white actors as the titular character. I don't have a problem with a black Kal/CK/Supes, as I have stated before, I just want them to give me a great Superman movie and that's not dependent on the colour of his skin. Lastly I'm not really familiar with either Val/Calvin. I've never rad anything with them, that's the reason why I am keen on this new movie being about them, I just want my guy first and that's Clark Kent.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They named Kal-El specifically as the one they’re doing? I don’t remember that. Coates did post a Donner logo s-shield on his Instagram instead of Calvin/Val’s shields.

Really we just have to wait. If Calvin or Val get a book announced you can take that as confirmation that they’ll be the ones. That they’re going hard on Jon and Clark right now does make me think there’s a chance they’ll be racebending Clark.
    I wouldn't read much into what DC is doing in the current comics. The Coates/Abrams project was greenlighted this month, you won't see synergy before it'll enter into production and has a release date.

Anyway, here's the official announcement, the bolded part:

Shadow and Act has learned exclusively from studio sources that Ta-Nehisi Coates is writing an upcoming Superman feature film from DC Films and Warner Bros. Pictures. The film is very early into the development process with no start or release date targeted. J.J. Abrams will produce the feature under his Bad Robot shingle and Hannah Minghella will serve as producer.

We're hearing that no director is attached as of yet and plot details remain under wraps. Additionally, the search for an actor to play Kal-El / Superman hasn't started yet.

“To be invited into the DC Extended Universe by Warner Bros., DC Films and Bad Robot is an honor,” said Coates in a statement received only by Shadow and Act. “I look forward to meaningfully adding to the legacy of America's most iconic mythic hero."

“There is a new, powerful and moving Superman story yet to be told. We couldn’t be more thrilled to be working with the brilliant Mr. Coates to help bring that story to the big screen, and we’re beyond thankful to the team at Warner Bros. for the opportunity,” said J.J. Abrams in the statement to S&A.

“Ta-Nehisi Coates’s Between the World and Me opened a window and changed the way many of us see the world,” added Toby Emmerich, Chairman, Warner Bros. Pictures Group. “We’re confident that his take on Superman will give fans a new and exciting way to see the Man of Steel.”

An acclaimed author, essayist, journalist and writer, Coates is the writer of the bestselling books The Beautiful Struggle, We Were Eight Years in Power, and Between The World And Me, which won the National Book Award in 2015. His first novel, The Water Dancer, was released in September 2019. Coates also wrote the comic book series for Black Panther and Captain America for Marvel Comics.

This would be the latest Superman-focused pic following 2013's Man of Steel and 2016's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, with Henry Cavill playing the character. He reprises the role in 2017's Justice League and the upcoming Zack Snyder's Justice League cut.

https://shadowandact.com/meet-adam-w...ised-game-show

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I wouldn't read much into what DC is doing in the current comics. The Coates/Abrams project was greenlighted this month, you won't see synergy before it'll enter into production and has a release date.

Anyway, here's the official announcement, the bolded part:

Shadow and Act has learned exclusively from studio sources that Ta-Nehisi Coates is writing an upcoming Superman feature film from DC Films and Warner Bros. Pictures. The film is very early into the development process with no start or release date targeted. J.J. Abrams will produce the feature under his Bad Robot shingle and Hannah Minghella will serve as producer.

We're hearing that no director is attached as of yet and plot details remain under wraps. Additionally, the search for an actor to play Kal-El / Superman hasn't started yet.

“To be invited into the DC Extended Universe by Warner Bros., DC Films and Bad Robot is an honor,” said Coates in a statement received only by Shadow and Act. “I look forward to meaningfully adding to the legacy of America's most iconic mythic hero."

“There is a new, powerful and moving Superman story yet to be told. We couldn’t be more thrilled to be working with the brilliant Mr. Coates to help bring that story to the big screen, and we’re beyond thankful to the team at Warner Bros. for the opportunity,” said J.J. Abrams in the statement to S&A.

“Ta-Nehisi Coates’s Between the World and Me opened a window and changed the way many of us see the world,” added Toby Emmerich, Chairman, Warner Bros. Pictures Group. “We’re confident that his take on Superman will give fans a new and exciting way to see the Man of Steel.”

An acclaimed author, essayist, journalist and writer, Coates is the writer of the bestselling books The Beautiful Struggle, We Were Eight Years in Power, and Between The World And Me, which won the National Book Award in 2015. His first novel, The Water Dancer, was released in September 2019. Coates also wrote the comic book series for Black Panther and Captain America for Marvel Comics.

This would be the latest Superman-focused pic following 2013's Man of Steel and 2016's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, with Henry Cavill playing the character. He reprises the role in 2017's Justice League and the upcoming Zack Snyder's Justice League cut.

https://shadowandact.com/meet-adam-w...ised-game-show
    They chose kal el specifically.Normally,they use clark kent/superman.Don't they?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    No kidding.that apparently doesn't matter.I wonder what makes a superman.Ship of theseus.
    I know,the real superman.
    Blownup planet,desperate warlords,conquering force/last hope,pervy old man,Superman.

Behold the hero who runs away from work and fighting on behalf of common folk to go training and pick fights.
    Love it
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Isn't he the guy who keeps dying to avoid raising his son?
    pretty much
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

They chose kal el specifically.Normally,they use clark kent/superman.Don't they?
    idk they use both names, I think.

Extraordinary Member

Yes they do.

Also I keep saying Calvin Ellis is KalEl

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    idk they use both names, I think.
    From what i gather.Kal el isn't as marketable as clark kent.So they always go for that.Especially,these guy that want clicks would use that.

Not to worry,citizen.His green alien friend has got it covered.

Mother's quarrel.
    So...Martian Manhunter .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...Martian Manhunter .
    Besides both characters being green aliens, both Martian Manhunter and Piccolo have been underused and underutilised by their respective writers. So they have that in common too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...Martian Manhunter .
    Ofcourse

Will superman ever get a better fashion sense?Will Mr.batman ever smile?Will jon kent and damian,those pesky superkids ever get off lex's lawn?Find out Next Time on Justice Society Ω.

Ofcourse

Will superman ever get a better fashion sense?Will Mr.batman ever smile?Will jon kent and damian,those pesky superkids ever get off lex's lawn?Find out Next Time on Justice Society Ω.
    Where are you getting these drawings?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Doesn't mean anything most likely, but nice that DC is using this moment to promote Calvin: https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1366538750537400320

There's also a chance this could be a Steel movie.