Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 405
  1. #271
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I think it could go either way. It’s possible he’ll use Clark as he is the one with the vast source material to draw upon who would be easier to make a movie out of than say Val and Cal, who don’t have nearly as much source material to draw from as Clark. and he may want to put his own stamp on the character’s classic secret identity. I personally would prefer he work with Clark but I understand the objections to radically tweaking the look of a character that has remained constant since 1938 but I want a Clark Kent Superman movie which I feel we have yet to get.
    I dunno, if WB is giving them the freedom to do a black Superman than I doubt they're holding them back from doing a non-Clark Kent Superman, and I'm not sure if Coates is interested in Clark Kent.

  2. #272
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Where The Food Is.
    Posts
    1,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno, if WB is giving them the freedom to do a black Superman than I doubt they're holding them back from doing a non-Clark Kent Superman, and I'm not sure if Coates is interested in Clark Kent.
    That’s possible, but that doesn’t mean he can’t be interested in putting his own stamp on the extremely iconic Kent character and get invested in the character after doing his research. It can happen.

    Now you could be right, and he could be working with a non-Clark Kent Superman who happens to be a person of color but I could also see him wanting to put his own spin on the Clark Kent character not necessarily because he’s a big Kent fan but he may want to work with the aspects that is attached to the mythos of that character that isn’t with the other black Supermen like Lois(which you already pointed out) or his villains. As I said, Kent has a bigger wealth of material to draw from than either Cal or Val so I think he’d be the easier character to make a movie out of than either Val or Calvin who have very little presence in the comics, thus don’t have much material enough to help form a clear blue print for a movie adaption.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-27-2021 at 10:52 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

    - Charles Schultz.

  3. #273
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno, if WB is giving them the freedom to do a black Superman than I doubt they're holding them back from doing a non-Clark Kent Superman, and I'm not sure if Coates is interested in Clark Kent.
    I mean, technically the rumor isn't that WB is giving them the freedom to do a black Superman - WB wants a black Superman. Not the same thing.

  4. #274
    Astonishing Member misslane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I'll take this over Snyder's Superman launching his villains through buildings full of people.
    Yeah. That never happened. Zod threw him into buildings. Zod heatvisioned buildings. Superman harmed zero buildings in Metropolis. I suppose you hate DCAU Superman too; he did that stuff all the time.

  5. #275
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Yeah. That never happened. Zod threw him into buildings. Zod heatvisioned buildings. Superman harmed zero buildings in Metropolis. I suppose you hate DCAU Superman too; he did that stuff all the time.
    I dislike both DCAU JL Superman and Snyder Superman! STAS Superman is an ok take though.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  6. #276
    Fantastic Member Superboy-Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Yeah. That never happened. Zod threw him into buildings. Zod heatvisioned buildings. Superman harmed zero buildings in Metropolis. I suppose you hate DCAU Superman too; he did that stuff all the time.
    Right, Snyder's Superman is supremely conscious of his environment. And yes, I hate DCAU Superman too, if that helps.


  7. #277
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6,544

    Default

    You are kidding yourself if you think a guy with superstrength fighting another guy with superstrength isn't going to break things.You will need to dislike every superman.Don't read the original superman comics or strips cause you won't like him.He used to break things deliberately to send a message.He wasn't some softass dude.Superman was basically a thug.This is why superman is jesus now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Right, Snyder's Superman is supremely conscious of his environment. And yes, I hate DCAU Superman too, if that helps.

    Ok.He catches the truck then what?Truck blows cause zod smashes him and the truck through the building.These want devastation.Superman going focusing on surrounding wouldn't mean a damn.
    "For every human you save, we will kill a million more"
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-28-2021 at 12:42 AM.
    "I swear to devote my life to the destruction of piracy, greed, cruelty and injustice! And my sons, and their sons, shall follow me!"

  8. #278
    Fantastic Member Superboy-Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    You will need to dislike every superman.Don't read the original superman comics or strips cause you won't like him.
    I need to dislike every Superman? Oh, yeah, well, guess what? I'm gonna choose to like certain versions of Superman! And you know what, I'm gonna read the original Superman comics and strips and like him in those too!

  9. #279
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I need to dislike every Superman? Oh, yeah, well, guess what? I'm gonna choose to like certain versions of Superman! And you know what, I'm gonna read the original Superman comics and strips and like him in those too!
    Good.that would be for the better.I want people to like that superman.So that i rid of the christ like example figure for humanity.Superman is just a scifi action character for entertainment.It's time they atleast get that right.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-28-2021 at 12:47 AM.
    "I swear to devote my life to the destruction of piracy, greed, cruelty and injustice! And my sons, and their sons, shall follow me!"

  10. #280
    Fantastic Member Superboy-Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Good.that would be for the better.I want people to like that superman.So that i rid of the christ like example figure for humanity.
    Yes, but I must warn you, I most likely will never like Snyder's Superman.

  11. #281
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Yes, but I must warn you, I most likely will never like Snyder's Superman.
    I don't care.My concern is Superman the champion of the oppressed.Keyword. champion.Not some softass savior figure without any fangs.My comments are always been to bring back the true man of action.The old pulp fiction hero.Snyder or no snyder.These guys who make a fuss about this or snyder or whatever will likely not like siegel's superman.
    "I swear to devote my life to the destruction of piracy, greed, cruelty and injustice! And my sons, and their sons, shall follow me!"

  12. #282
    Fantastic Member Superboy-Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't care.My concern is Superman the champion of the oppressed.Keyword. champion.Not some softass savior figure without any fangs.My comments are always been to bring back the true man of action.The old pulp fiction hero.Snyder or no snyder.These guys who make a fuss about this or snyder or whatever will likely not like siegel's superman.
    Champion of the oppressed is a bit different from letting an explosion decimate a building full of people.

  13. #283
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Champion of the oppressed is a bit different from letting an explosion decimate a building full of people.
    If people are already dead.Then you aren't saving anybody.You are essentially acting to feel good about yourself.To give yourself a moral pat for "trying".Even if superman saves a building.A hundred more would have been decimated by the time superman saves just one.Stopping a guy that wants extinction and capable of it is of higher priority.He suceeded at it with genocide.people are going to die,that will happen regardless..Superman is only human.
    On the flipside if you just want wish fullfillment without that kinda stake.All the power to you.But even then,Superman is a guy with superstrength,personality of zorro and a guy that can open up a can of whoop-ass on his enemies.There will be a lot of breaking stuff.He is an outlaw.Not a saint.
    "I swear to devote my life to the destruction of piracy, greed, cruelty and injustice! And my sons, and their sons, shall follow me!"

  14. #284
    Fantastic Member Superboy-Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    If people are already dead.Then you aren't saving anybody.You are essentially acting to feel good about yourself.To give yourself a moral pat for "trying".Even if superman saves a building.A hundred more would have been decimated by the time superman saves just one.Stopping a guy that wants extinction and capable of it is of higher priority.He suceeded at it with genocide.people are going to die,that will happen regardless..Superman is only human.
    On the flipside if you just want wish fullfillment without that kinda stake.All the power to you.But even then,Superman is a guy with superstrength,personality of zorro and a guy that can open up a can of whoop-ass on his enemies.There will be a lot of breaking stuff.He is an outlaw.Not a saint.
    I feel that's a fundamental misunderstanding of the character. Superman doesn't hold certain people's lives over others. He didn't even try to catch the truck, he just let it explode. That's not a good adaptation of Superman's moral code and ethics, or just a good person in general.

    Also feels like you're just making excuses for Snyder.

  15. #285
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,911

    Default

    Adding on to my previous statement about how WB botched this announcement, it comes right before the Snyder Cut is released. The DCEU has been polarizing to say the least, but Cavill’s Superman has a large contingent of fans who have been demanding a true sequel to MoS. This announcement disappoints a big portion of fanbase who will now be opposing this reboot at every turn.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •