Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I feel like there is a disconnection between movies and tv. Look at Superman and Lois. Heard good this there. That's what people want
    I think that pilot episode is very overrated. It was good - but it wasn't great. Even ignoring the fact that I don't like the Superdad take on the character, it wasn't that exciting, it had some slow pacing issues here and there, the action was pretty (seriously, the cinematography is legit great) but the fight choreography was just kind of there. Again, not bad, not bad at all, but I feel like people were blinded by "OMG Superman is finally back on TV!" and the damn Fleischer suit and "My mom made it for me!" gag to judge the faults. It's an okay show, but it's just kind of okay. At least my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think that pilot episode is very overrated. It was good - but it wasn't great. Even ignoring the fact that I don't like the Superdad take on the character, it wasn't that exciting, it had some slow pacing issues here and there, the action was pretty (seriously, the cinematography is legit great) but the fight choreography was just kind of there. Again, not bad, not bad at all, but I feel like people were blinded by "OMG Superman is finally back on TV!" and the damn Fleischer suit and "My mom made it for me!" gag to judge the faults. It's an okay show, but it's just kind of okay. At least my opinion.
    The thing is that the standart is so low that anything we seem resembling classic Superman is a win for us. I have yet to see it but I keep hearing good things.

I'm down for this especially if he's adapting Calvin or Val. I'm also expecting him not to ignore the context of a black Superman in America.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

They tryna give Superman some Flavor **** it I'm down.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

It is overrated.It didn't overtly go into superman is a whiteknight thing.Yet,it was tethering on the edge ready to falloff.Fleischer suit was a nostalgia grab and wink wink nod.It had no essence of the working class Champion.I like for all seasons.These guys don't have the balls to have superman say ”this is a circus strongman suit.I wear it cause I consider myself one.Even if those things are the thing of the past.”
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-26-2021 at 10:02 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    The thing is that the standart is so low that anything we seem resembling classic Superman is a win for us. I have yet to see it but I keep hearing good things.
    I know - I said elsewhere that we fans are so desperate for good Superman content that anything that comes close to decent feels like a great masterpiece in comparison.

I just happen not to care for the Superdad stuff or the Fleischer suit/"my mom made it" bit so my experience as a whole was more neutral.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    I'd say get Marc Bernardin to write a Black Superman story.
    That’s an interesting choice.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It is overrated.It didn't overtly go into superman is a whiteknight thing.Yet,it was tethering on the edge ready to falloff.Fleischer suit was a nostalgia grab and wink wink nod.It had no essence of the working class Champion.I like for all seasons.These guys don't have the balls to this circus strongman suit.I wear it cause I consider myself one.Even if those things are the thing of the past.
    My complaints have nothing to do with the suit - while I've made no bones I'm not a fan of him continuing to wear the trunks in this century, I can get over it. But it was slower paced, the action wasn't exciting, the music never amped me up...again, over all it was good, but it wasn't anything close to stellar. And if you're not all in on the family dynamic stuff (like me), you kind of need those bits to be elevated a bit more.

I'm at a loss for words. I can't even think of something snarky to say.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Oh, they shouldn't - but they hired the edgelord because they didn't have faith in a traditional fun Superman and thought a more Batman movie dark tone Superman would sell. This isn't a different mistake - it's the same mistake. They haven't learned the lesson, they think the problem is their last untraditional take wasn't untraditional enough!
    Well, Superman returns didn't inspire any confidence..so at the time, they had good reason to go for a different take on the character. It didn't click with GA (well MOS did alright, but WB was expecting a billion which is stupid. But they went to meddle with future films, rather than replacing Snyder after BvS).

Also, no reason to insult the director, no? Even if ya don't like their take on the character But each to their own I suppose.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    Well, Superman returns didn't inspire any confidence..so at the time, they had good reason to go for a different take on the character. It didn't click with GA (well MOS did alright, but WB was expecting a billion which is stupid. But they went to meddle with future films, rather than replacing Snyder after BvS).

Also, no reason to insult the director, no? Even if ya don't like their take on the character But each to their own I suppose.
    Eh, I'm hesitant to call melancholic slightly stalker-y homewrecker with a kid he didn't know he had Clark traditional...
    Traditional Clark should be the Clark that's having fun. He hasn't been on the big screen in decades.

And I wasn't insulting the director - I called him edgelord because the poster I was quoting used edgelord. Probably should have used "" around that, but at this point I'm tired of arguing with people that the Snyder stuff isn't grimdark/edgelord stuff so I just go with it.

Eh, I'm hesitant to call melancholic slightly stalker-y homewrecker with a kid he didn't know he had Clark traditional...
    Traditional Clark should be the Clark that's having fun. He hasn't been on the big screen in decades.

And I wasn't insulting the director - I called him edgelord because the poster I was quoting used edgelord. Probably should have used "" around that, but at this point I'm tired of arguing with people that the Snyder stuff isn't grimdark/edgelord stuff so I just go with it.
    Superman is too much of boyscout to have any fun.Heck!The best i hope for is mcu type quippy humor.which is just done death.

Haha fair enough.

I would like see something akin to modern/post crisis Superman on the big screen (Snyder's version got closest, but his take - story arc wise - was more Elseworlds than main continuity), but I am not sure how popular that would be.

Ah, ok. My bad then
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Superman is too much of boyscout to have any fun.Heck!The best i hope for is mcu type quippy humor.which is just done death.
    Sadly that's exactly what WB seems to think. But hell, at this point I'll settle for more MCU type quips if it gets me a lighter Superman film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    Haha fair enough.

I would like see something akin to modern/post crisis Superman on the big screen (Snyder's version got closest, but his take - story arc wise - was more Elseworlds than main continuity), but I am not sure how popular that would be.

Ah, ok. My bad then
    I'd like to see post-crisis, pre-crisis, golden, silver, bronze, modern age Superman, I don't care, as long as it feels and looks and sounds like Superman and is a joy.

I would love for something like buster keaton,harold lloyd and charlie chapplin.

Look at this,this is clark kent with glasses.