Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fraction/Lieber Reunite For A Short Story About Perry White

In a new one-shot comic, Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen’s Boss Perry White #1, to publish everywhere comics are sold this June, revisit the Daily Planet and read a new 7-page Fraction/Lieber short story, then see Perry White’s career throughout the years with reprinted stories by Elliot S. Maggin and Curt Swan, Neil Kleid and Dean Haspiel, and Brian Michael Bendis and Ivan Reis!
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2022/0...ss-perry-white
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Surprised the article didn't start off with "Great Caesar's Ghost!" for full new series announcement mode.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Ha! Love the doubtful glances from Lois and Clark.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I love the name of the comic! We need a series of these where they just get more and more ludicrous. "Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen's Boss Perry White's Other Employee Lois Lane" or "Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen's Boss Perry White's Favorite Bar's Owner Bibbo"
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

A Perry one-shot is pretty darn cool .

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I love the name of the comic! We need a series of these where they just get more and more ludicrous. "Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen's Boss Perry White's Other Employee Lois Lane" or "Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen's Boss Perry White's Favorite Bar's Owner Bibbo"
    Superman's Pall Jimmy Olsen's father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate.

This is exciting! Love to see Perry get some of the respect he deserves!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

I’m grasping at straws here but I really hope this leads to Fraction occasionally writing another Superman/Superverse mini every so often for DC. He and Lieber are one of the best Superman creator teams off of the strength of a 12 issue mini alone, I would love to see what more they could do.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

They are testing if senior citizens buy comics.
    Yes, we do...
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

So, how old is Perry White?

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    So, how old is Perry White?
    probably 60's, I would assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m grasping at straws here but I really hope this leads to Fraction occasionally writing another Superman/Superverse mini every so often for DC. He and Lieber are one of the best Superman creator teams off of the strength of a 12 issue mini alone, I would love to see what more they could do.
    I'm looking forward to new Detective run since it is going to have real solid main and backup creative teams and... maybe DC could do the same for Action? PJK/Federici (or Duce) on main story and Fraction/Lieber on backups?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen is one of the best Superman books of the last decade. I am all over this.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm looking forward to new Detective run since it is going to have real solid main and backup creative teams and... maybe DC could do the same for Action? PJK/Federici (or Duce) on main story and Fraction/Lieber on backups?
    I’d happily take that, would be a huge step up from the quality of the backups so far. Fraction’s getting that Hollywood money however, don’t know if there’s any interest on his end to do anything beyond a short story every so often these days.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

This creative team is always welcome back in Metropolis as far as I'm concerned. This is a must buy.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.