Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Looking at his last couple performances, I can't really blame them. But in his defense, I think he just acted how the character was written which....his hands were kinda tied.
    When you get out acted by Gadot though, that doesn’t really give you much bargaining power. He needed to sell that scene where the Capitol gets blown up, to make us feel Superman’s pain, shock, and grief. Instead:

He looks like he just realized that this isn’t going to be the big breakout he thought it would be lol. He looks mildly confused.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    When you get out acted by Gadot though, that doesn’t really give you much bargaining power. He needed to sell that scene where the Capitol gets blown up, to make us feel Superman’s pain, shock, and grief. Instead:

He looks like he just realized that this isn’t going to be the big breakout he thought it would be lol. He looks mildly confused.
    That scene makes me laugh now because I just think of the old lady from Mars Attacks!

"They blew up Congress! HAHA"

Taken from the BP thread on the Marvel side where they are celebrating being free of Coates:

Yeah not really feeling that good about this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

...maybe? I mean they are pushing Jon pretty fiercely on the comic side instead of putting out a Calvin Ellis or Val-Zod book. They could racebend Jon but they’d have to racebend Lois or Clark too. Dispenser theorized it would be Clark or Jon still but I just don’t see them doing a racebent Clark or Jon over Calvin/Val.
    Outside media has basically no preconceptions of who Jon is outside of Clark's son. Just notice how there wasn't any uproar over him being basically nothing like the comics in S&L.

And Lois being changed in race seems to be more than on the table since that almost happened in MOS.

Plus, WB was actually planning on having Snyder introduce Jon into the films at the end of the JL epic. Jon's on their minds as an option.

And like I said before, "The Son of Superman who happens to be half Black" The Movie vs Val or Calvin in the easily recognizable department off just the idea of him is a lock.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Considering this guy knows next to nothing about Superman, recent history or otherwise, this isn't going to have anything to do with Jon. The logic makes sense in a vacuum, but paired with those involved it doesn't. Everything points to this just being a new character entirely.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Wait doesn't the article mention that Cavill might return? Wtf is even going on with Cavill?
    All movies with him didn't meet expectations. Man of Steel was pretty controversial, Batman v Superman had bad criticism and didn't make a billion at the box office like WB wanted, and Justice League, well, I think I don't need to explain what's going on with that movie. They wanted him as a cameo in Shazam, but for some reason it didn't work out. Also, WB probably want to move on from Snyder vision as far as they can.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 02-26-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Taken from the BP thread on the Marvel side where they are celebrating being free of Coates:

Yeah not really feeling that good about this.
    Good God. WTF MAN. Why does DC f*ck it up everytime it's something Superman related???

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    All movies with him didn't meet expectations. Man of Steel was pretty controversial, Batman v Superman had bad criticism and didn't make a billion at the box office like WB wanted, and Justice League, well, I think I don't need explain to what's going on with that movie. They wanted him as a cameo in Shazam, but for some reason it didn't work out. Also, WB probably want to move on from Snyder vision as far as they can.
    None of this was CAVILLS fault though this is a Snydee

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    "We Were Eight Years In Power" is an unbelievable book and Ta-Nehisi Coates is a national treasure.
    Having said that, I am not sure what to think. I was following his Black Panther but I skipped Captain America.
    I hope it's Michael B. Jordan as Calvin Ellis and Henry Cavill as Clark Kent. I saw Man of Steel last night and that movie just gets better and better every year. I love the news!
    Haven't read that book, but considering West's critiques of it and his underlying worldview, I would probably gag seeing his neoliberal take. Obama with an S on his chest.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm kind of surprised that they still haven't done a non-white Lois yet.
    Assassinate Putin!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Considering this guy knows next to nothing about Superman, recent history or otherwise, this isn't going to have anything to do with Jon. The logic makes sense in a vacuum, but paired with those involved it doesn't. Everything points to this just being a new character entirely.
    It being about Jon wouldn't actually be up to him. And Jon's enough of a blank sheet that he's very moldable. So the reality of it would be that he'd be Jon in name alone, but primarily the Son Of Superman in term of IP awareness. He'd be able to make the character his similar to how they've done so in S&L.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    None of this was CAVILLS fault though this is a Snydee
    Yeah, but that's how they're thinking. They don't consider him as a star, they associate Cavill with movies which were failures, at least in their eyes. That's why they want to reboot everything, this basically one of the reasons why eventually they just completely rebooted Batman.

Impossible to tell one way or another right now, I mean heck who knows if it wasn't this guy's specific pitch or a collaboration. In which it would have ended up being up to him. The theme here reads way more to me "anyone but Clark Kent" as opposed to being about Jon. Jon is the means in the comics, twins will be the means in tv, this new guy will be the means in movies.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    "We Were Eight Years In Power" is an unbelievable book and Ta-Nehisi Coates is a national treasure.
    Having said that, I am not sure what to think. I was following his Black Panther but I skipped Captain America.
    I hope it's Michael B. Jordan as Calvin Ellis and Henry Cavill as Clark Kent. I saw Man of Steel last night and that movie just gets better and better every year. I love the news!
    After his experience with racebent Johnny Storm I don't think he is that much of a masochist. Or maybe I'll be proven wrong.
    Last edited by Tofali; 02-26-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Yeah, but that's how they're thinking. They don't consider him as a star, they associate Cavill with movies which were failures, at least in their eyes. That's why they want to reboot everything, this basically one of the reasons why eventually they just completely rebooted Batman.
    That's why they lost the game to Marvel. God i wish Kevin Feige would at least produce a Superman movie.