Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yeah, Kal-El was the Superman named in the official announcement of the project. It has to be him.

It's possible that it's going to be connected to Pattison's BM. There are too many SM easter-eggs in the Reeve movie to not think it's going to be the start of new shared universe.
    Hmmm are they gonna make Clark check his white privilege or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Hmmm are they gonna make Clark check his white privilege or something?
    How would he check his white privilege if it's a black Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    It says Kal-El. Not Calvin or Val.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Not knowing a thing about the characters and not really caring to learn has pretty much been the WB formula.
    Hahahaha, indeed it has up to this point at least. Now I'm
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    It says Kal-El. Not Calvin or Val.
    1. It could absolutely be wrong, the movie is in early development, NDAs exist, etc.

2. If you really think it'll be a white Superman, you're gonna be very disappointed.

Extraordinary Member

Do people forget that Calvin Ellis real name is KalEl

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So it would seem.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Seeing how Coates writes Black Panther, he would probably still need to check some kind of privilege.

Spectacular Member

I cannot wrap my head around what Warners is doing. In my opinion, Cavill is the best Superman we've ever gotten - period. Yes, you heard me. He exudes a certain presence that I don't think anyone except maybe Reeve has been able to, and in those moments when Clark was written like Clark, he was fantastic.

I am so gutted at the wasted potential here and I hope to god that Warners also does a Man of Steel 2. Then Abrams and Coates can do whatever they want. But this won't happen. Abrams and Coates wouldn't have signed on to this unless they were promised all of the limelight, and there is no way they would accept another feature-film Superman that could possibly take away from theirs, or write a Superman that isn't *the* Superman. Their egos wouldn't allow it.

I 100% guarantee this is going to be black Clark Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    I cannot wrap my head around what Warners is doing. In my opinion, Cavill is the best Superman we've ever gotten - period. Yes, you heard me. He exudes a certain presence that I don't think anyone except maybe Reeve has been able to, and in those moments when Clark was written like Clark, he was fantastic.

I am so gutted at the wasted potential here and I hope to god that Warners also does a Man of Steel 2. Then Abrams and Coates can do whatever they want. But this won't happen. Abrams and Coates wouldn't have signed on to this unless they were promised all of the limelight, and there is no way they would accept another feature-film Superman that could possibly take away from theirs, or write a Superman that isn't *the* Superman. Their egos wouldn't allow it.

I 100% guarantee this is going to be black Clark Kent.
    100% guarantee? I found Geoff Johns on his burner.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    None of which are part of a current ongoing established film series, which is what SK meant. Snyder Cut is for all intents and purposes Cavill's swan song, with nothing else after that.

Doing spin offs and ancillary characters in a film series before you have the real deal established doesn't make much sense. It's why we're not starting the Reeves/Pattinson Batman film continuity with Dick Grayson as Batman.
    Thanks Siege, that's exactly what I was referring too. I didn't elaborate because I thought it was self-evident, but apparently it was not and this clarification was right on.

And I don't find it an irrelevancy to point out. I'm not suggesting or pretending Superman hasn't had tons and tons of play, nor that people don't know who he is. That would be just demonstrably and laughably a falsehood. But I was operating on the idea that they're still trying to craft a cinematic universe of some kind here for the future, and the Snyderverse is dead. And my mindset is and won't be swayed that if you're going to start the Superman part of that mythos and try again, you start it with Clark Kent/Kal-El.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-28-2021 at 08:59 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    No kidding.that apparently doesn't matter.I wonder what makes a superman.Ship of theseus.
    I know,the real superman.
    Blownup planet,desperate warlords,conquering force/last hope,pervy old man,Superman.

Behold the hero who runs away from work and fighting on behalf of common folk to go training and pick fights.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-28-2021 at 10:48 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    No kidding.that apparently doesn't matter.I wonder what makes a superman.Ship of theseus.
    I know,the real superman.
    Blownup planet,desperate warlords,conquering force/last hope,pervy old man,Superman.

Behold the hero who runs away from work, fighting on behalf of common folk to go training and pick fights.
    Isn't he the guy who keeps dying to avoid raising his son?

Clark Kent is established. You have Superman, Superman II, Superman III, Superman IV, Superman Returns, Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Justice League, Zack Snyder's Justice League, Superboy, Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, and Superman & Lois.
    Yes, I find that to be irrelevant. Clark Kent is established in the public consciousness, there's no need to hold back from an alternate take on Superman. This isn't some case where the character hasn't gotten his due. Superman & Lois just started airing days ago.
    I agree and cosign.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Isn't he the guy who keeps dying to avoid raising his son?
    Not to worry,citizen.His green alien friend has got it covered.

Mother's quarrel.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"