Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Kara Danvers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not at all a fan of his Black Panther run and his Cap run has just been meandering. Not really that enthusiastic about him being attached to be honest.
    He's a good writer but not suited for serialized storytelling. Movies will be better for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Danvers View Post
    He's a good writer but not suited for serialized storytelling. Movies will be better for him.
    I would argue he’s not good at fiction storytelling period and I have very low confidence in a JJ Abrams/Coates Superman film.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

I want Clark Kent first, please let it be Clark.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

We’re definitely getting a black Superman, no way would Coates be attached otherwise. Only question is if it’s Calvin Ellis or Val-Zod. Sucks that Clark Kent is basically dead on the big screen but at least we have Superman & Lois.
    The tv show did remind me of WB's weird fixation on not having multiple versions of the same character in media, so Clark being on the TV show makes me worried we won't see him in this movie.

Spectacular Member Kara Danvers's Avatar

I would argue he’s not good at fiction storytelling period and I have very low confidence in a JJ Abrams/Coates Superman film.
    I would 100% agree with you about Abrams if he was directing but he's only producing. A good director with Coates has potential.

About time, not sure why people are saying that Superman is gonna be black though...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

He doesnt has experience writing movies, and from what I see from his work on comics he takes he has pace problems. He might bring fresh ideas but a script supervisor migt be needed to streamline it

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    About time, not sure why people are saying that Superman is gonna be black though...
    A black Superman story is what's reported: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...or-warner-bros

Astonishing Member

At one point Superman Returns and Man of Steel ran concurrently with Smallville. There might still be a chance to get both. I'll take both tv and movie.

If its not Kal-El I don't care. I'm sorry I just don't. I like Calvin Ellis, but not any more than a sidebar. This seems like a silly idea when you can reboot Green Lantern and use John Stewart, an actual popular character.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

WB has wanted this for a while iirc. They offered Will Smith the Superman gig way back around the time of Returns. They wanted Clark to grow up in Chicago instead of Smallville during MoS. They have a bunch of weird ideas for Superman. We’ll see how this plays out.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I want Clark Kent first, please let it be Clark.
    Only way it’s Clark is if it’s a racebent Clark Kent. Coates would not be involved with this if it was just your regular white version of Superman.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The tv show did remind me of WB's weird fixation on not having multiple versions of the same character in media, so Clark being on the TV show makes me worried we won't see him in this movie.
    Clark will only be in this movie if it’s a racebent Clark Kent, telling you now. Otherwise it’s going to be a black Superman like Calvin or Val. Personally I’m rooting for Calvin.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If its not Kal-El I don't care. I'm sorry I just don't. I like Calvin Ellis, but not any more than a sidebar. This seems like a silly idea when you can reboot Green Lantern and use John Stewart, an actual popular character.
    WB are nothing if not unpredictable.

I would understand rebooting GL to focus on John. Ideally John AND Hal, but I would also understand if it was just John. A racebent Clark would take some getting used to, but I could roll with it and give it a chance.

Calvin and Val Zod (the former I like) as the stars though? Tuning right the hell out.

Yup. Same page as usual. Racebent Kal-El would take some getting used to when you have a set 80+ year visual but would I dismiss it? Not for a specific project no. But if they go the direction that everyone seems to be thinking, well let's just say I'm still waiting for "somebody to save me"....from Superdad concepts and other-notSupermen.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Are you saying he wants to do Clark and racebend him? He's not interested in Val-Zod/Calvin Ellis?

At least here people seem to be thinking the opposite; different character.

At this point I'm not really counting on Supergirl being Kara anymore, considering it very well could be connected to this new direction. If so, I would have to think a new character there too would fit with WB's current mindset.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-26-2021 at 11:47 AM.