Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Are you saying he wants to do Clark and racebend him? He's not interested in Val-Zod/Calvin Ellis?
    NO.

Use Val or Calvin.

Because you open the doors for bigger and better profits if you do that. Have Clark and have either Val or Calvin.

Best example-Into the Spiderverse. They could have turned Peter Black and went on. Yet we get Miles. Now you got a bigger empire with both. Both have a video game starring them. Both have solo books. Both have toys on the shelf.

It can NOT be by accident we are seeing a Black Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern and maybe Superman-who are NOT racebent.

Incredible Member

I'm thinking it's a different character too. Not Clark. More multiverse stuff, basically.

Rege Jean-Page should play him.

Problem is this isn't Marvel. This isn't a situation where they wanted Miles but also still love Peter as well. Reading between the lines you can see WB just isn't into Clark. That's what's most troubling.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    NO.

Use Val or Calvin.

Because you open the doors for bigger and better profits if you do that. Have Clark and have either Val or Calvin.

Best example-Into the Spiderverse. They could have turned Peter Black and went on. Yet we get Miles. Now you got a bigger empire with both. Both have a video game starring them. Both have solo books. Both have toys on the shelf.

It can NOT be by accident we are seeing a Black Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern and maybe Superman-who are NOT racebent.
    A multiversal adventure that features both Clark and Calvin and leads to the possibilities of spin offs for both could have potential. I don't like mantle sharing franchising period (regardless of the characters involved and their skin color), but it could have potential. Looking to Morrison's Action Comics run and the plot with Superdoom bringing in both Clark and Calvin might be neat.

Not having the next cinematic reboot of Superman be Clark period after we've been blue balled since MOS for another solo film? And his cinematic swan song for the possible forseeable future be the Snyder Cut? Hard pass on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Problem is this isn't Marvel. This isn't a situation where they wanted Miles but also still love Peter as well. Reading between the lines you can see WB just isn't into Clark. That's what's most troubling.
    yes, they don't bother to hide it that much. It's not easy to just copy the Peter/Miles thing because it's a different company with a less stellar track record of having love for the character.

Incredible Member

I know, that bugs me. WB has nearly said flat out that the character doesn't work, so that's why they're willing to do something totally different. So this is going to be a different Superman, not Clark Kent/Kal-El.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Eh, I don't care about the race. I sincerely don't. I don't have any issue with Latina Supergirl either, because I find the franchise suitable for that. Unfortunately they have to please a lot of people out there who do. I have a hard time seeing Jordan do it, because he gets how things are with people. But I'd hope they could somehow find someone I like as much as him.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

They’ve never liked Clark and have always wanted to screw with the character. But considering that what we were getting before this was yet another “Superman turns evil so Batgod can save the day”, I’ll take this over that easily.

Also they want that Black Panther money but don’t want to take a chance on a “risky” character.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They’ve never liked Clark and have always wanted to screw with the character. But considering that what we were getting before this was yet another “Superman turns evil so Batgod can save the day”, I’ll take this over that easily.

Also they want that Black Panther money but don’t want to take a chance on a “risky” character.
    Meanwhile, no movies for Static, Vixen or Icon.

Icon and Rocket would be a smash hit too. Idiots. No it doesn't have the easy recognition factor of a worldwide known symbol, but who knew there was such a thing called advertisement and promotion.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The terms 'live-action' were not found anymore in the article so there's a chance that this script might be for an animated feature. There will probably be less uproar with an animated feature since it will be a lot easier for the average movie-going audience to take it as an 'Elseworlds' story.

I could see the initial premise as: "White Lois Lane is sent through the time stream (somehow) and finds herself in an alternate reality where there is a Black Superman."

J.J. Abrams' involvement suggests major motion picture.

Are we sure this isn't a Steel movie?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Meanwhile, no movies for Static, Vixen or Icon.
    Static is on the way, is it not?

If the guy who ruined Star Wars is involved, I'm almost hoping they don't use Clark.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Superman View Post
    Are we sure this isn't a Steel movie?
    Steel never called himself Superman. He refused to do that and at one point refused to wear the logo out of respect of living up to that legacy.

Yes there is a Static movie in the works and at least one actor has said he is trying to for it Skylar Brooks (from Dark Minds movie).

They can't use that excuse.

Nubia has a top selling book and how much usage has SHE gotten in 45 years?
    Star Girl has a SHOW
    Naomi is getting a PILOT
    Yar Flores was in the running for a pilot before she got a book appearance
    Doom Patrol has a show
    Legend of Tomorrow has the Z list of DC in it.
    Vixen had a show
    They took a shot with a tv show starring STATIC after he was created 7 years prior. He got a show that lasted 4 years.

All they have done is taken RISKS.