Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I guess I am on crazy pills then, judging by the comments here.

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    I guess I am on crazy pills then, judging by the comments here.
    Talking about Cavill? People seem to like him but I don’t think we can say people love his Superman. His performance as Superman was never what drew people to him imo, it was his rep as a massive nerd in real life as well as playing Geralt. It’s hard to say because BvS and both JL movies barely give him anything to work with, but MoS also suffered from some pretty steep drop offs in views/sales. If WB were to do a traditional reboot, The Superman for lack of a better title, I don’t think most people would care if Cavill got replaced. As Robanker said, we’re coming up on ten years since Cavill’s last solo Superman movie. It will be 5 years since the last time he was actively in the suit. His hardcore fanbase at this point is mainly the Snyder fandom I reckon, and they won’t support a Cavill performance that deviates from where Snyder wanted to take him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Yeah look, I like Cavill and would be fine with him getting a shot under a better director, but in no way was he universally beloved in the role.

I think we need a reboot. But what was Coates and Abrams trying to do is not going ti work. JJ pretty much whined Star wars and Coates is a but of a racist asshole.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I still don't get get what WB thinks Abrams and Coates are going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Coates is a but of a racist asshole.
    “There it is - the stupidest thing I’ll read all day.”

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I'd again point out that WB really could've ended this circus by just replacing Cavill. I mean, it's not like every hockey fan in Alberta, Canada refused to watch Edmonton Oilers games just because they traded Wayne Gretzky. I mean, I liked Cavill as Superman, but the blame to me is on WB. If the hired hand isn't willing to cooperate, REPLACE THE DUDE.
    I agree that WB is the problem - but replacing Cavill won't fix the fact that they still don't have the first clue of what to do with Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I think i will be comfortable with cavill have creative rights to superman for the big screen than wb..Their track record with any property other than batman is not great.
    Yeah, I agree with this - other than his love of "For Tomorrow," Cavill seems to have a grasp of Superman that would be good for someone with creative control. I trust him more than WB, though that's less of a standard bar and more of a limbo bar at this point. Or, more accurately, a bar thrown into a rather large hole. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Talking about Cavill? People seem to like him but I don’t think we can say people love his Superman. His performance as Superman was never what drew people to him imo, it was his rep as a massive nerd in real life as well as playing Geralt. It’s hard to say because BvS and both JL movies barely give him anything to work with, but MoS also suffered from some pretty steep drop offs in views/sales. If WB were to do a traditional reboot, The Superman for lack of a better title, I don’t think most people would care if Cavill got replaced. As Robanker said, we’re coming up on ten years since Cavill’s last solo Superman movie. It will be 5 years since the last time he was actively in the suit. His hardcore fanbase at this point is mainly the Snyder fandom I reckon, and they won’t support a Cavill performance that deviates from where Snyder wanted to take him.
    Also mostly agree with this. Not many would care at the end of the day. But I do think Cavill is more than just his geekery: there are moments for him in MoS that shine, and it's completely due to Cavill. You can just tell. That's why I left MoS sick to my stomach but still liking Henry as Superman - even as I didn't like the script he was in and *it's* portrayal of the character. Then I saw "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." and I knew he could be even better as Superman. So, I'd really like for him to have another chance - but with Snyder (or Goyer) nowhere to be found.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I still don't get get what WB thinks Abrams and Coates are going to do.
    Make a black Clark Kent, which is something that they have wanted for years for some reason. And also put Superman squarely in the past, which makes sense to them for some reason. And written by a guy who has a terrible record in comic books because he's famous for his non-comic book work, which makes sense for a comic book property for some reason. And be terribly divisive, which they clearly want from their Superman movies, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    “There it is - the stupidest thing I’ll read all day.”
    You probably should look more into it dude. And see the stupid things he has said. Especially the 911 thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Make a black Clark Kent, which is something that they have wanted for years for some reason. And also put Superman squarely in the past, which makes sense to them for some reason. And written by a guy who has a terrible record in comic books because he's famous for his non-comic book work, which makes sense for a comic book property for some reason. And be terribly divisive, which they clearly want from their Superman movies, for some reason.
    I still find it troubling that they think this will work. Like there is Val Zod and Calvin. Also Val Zod more or less has to be the same as Miles original origin and thats Superman dying.

Edit: You know what? I don’t care.
    Last edited by Vordan; 03-26-2022 at 10:44 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Edit: You know what? I don’t care.
    Much like everyone else who was never gonna care to see the movie?

WB seems to think that every Superman outing needs to be a deconstruction of the character. "What does Superman mean?" it's a big reason why people don't like the character. The holier than thou Big Blue Boyscout schtick. Just make a fun superhero movie with Brainiac or Mongul as the villain. A powerful space invader for Superman to punch.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Much like everyone else who was never gonna care to see the movie?
    Wb is multinational corporations..that wouldn't do market research or think something is viable without success of previous output,before investing?

I ain't gonna lie i would have taken this over superman and lois.Which doesn't offer me much.It ain't ambitious or does anything creative.It's greatness is that it uses twists in plotline effectively by using superman fanbase's knowledge of 90's boyscout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    WB seems to think that every Superman outing needs to be a deconstruction of the character. "What does Superman mean?" it's a big reason why people don't like the character. The holier than thou Big Blue Boyscout schtick. Just make a fun superhero movie with Brainiac or Mongul as the villain. A powerful space invader for Superman to punch.
    It's not just wb...most superman writers write from that perspective.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-27-2022 at 10:03 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    True. Worse, because they don't understand this, if the film had gotten it right and people loved it, they'd assume the wrong lesson. They would think that it worked because they made Clark black, or because it's a period piece, or because Coates or Abrams is freaking magic, but never because Clark was fun and happy and had good fight scenes without the moral ambiguity and killing.
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Wb is multinational corporations..that wouldn't do market research or think something is viable without success of previous output,before investing?
    Like Catwoman, Green Lantern, Jonah Hex, Superman Returns, Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Justice League...

They just see dollar signs, that comic book movies are popular, without understanding the whys or hows.
    I ain't gonna lie i would have taken this over superman and lois.Which doesn't offer me much.It ain't ambitious or does anything creative.It's greatness is that it uses twists in plotline effectively by using superman fanbase's knowledge of 90's boyscout.
    I'm about as hardline anti-family man take on Superman as you can get, and even I was less skeptical of this series than this absurd movie thing.