Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default List 1 or 2 shows and the changes you would make if you were in charge.

List 1 or 2 shows that you watch (or used to watch) and what changes you would make to them if you were in charge of running the show.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

"How I Met Your Mother" - End the series after the train station scene at the end of season 8, and have a funny coda of Ted talking to his now-adult children on the sofa. Season 9 sucked, and anyway the mission of the show was to describe how Ted met the mother, not what happened after. That could maybe be considered for a spinoff.

"Heroes" - Drop Sylar after his season 1 defeat, at least for several seasons. With season 2 bring the powered people together to create an informal, ever-shifting team that stays out of public view. At the end of seasons 2 or 3, the public becomes aware of them and the story shifts accordingly. Try to recreate what might happen if superheroes were revealed to exist in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    "How I Met Your Mother" - End the series after the train station scene at the end of season 8, and have a funny coda of Ted talking to his now-adult children on the sofa. Season 9 sucked, and anyway the mission of the show was to describe how Ted met the mother, not what happened after. That could maybe be considered for a spinoff.
    ^^^sooooo much this.

I would have had Rachel get on the plane, and a Flash forward montage of all The Friends doing okay;
    Phoebe and Mike walking in the City,
    Monica and Chandler each w. a baby goofing around,
    Joey on set, finishing a scene and happy as he and the cast/crew celebrate.

And of course, Ross at the museum, kinda wistful and then a pretty lady catches his eye and they smile at each other. Rachel meanwhile is happily taking Emma for a stroll in Paris.

Ross and Rachel didn’t belong together by the end of the show no matter how much the others kept pushing them to keep trying.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Ross and Rachel didn’t belong together by the end of the show no matter how much the others kept pushing them to keep trying.
    Completely agree. And Ross' son Ben deserved to have his daddy close by and in his life - not in Paris.

I'd have redone the last 3 seasons of Dexter.

it would have ended w. the opening theme song playing, only this time Dexter'd be waking up on his last day on death row and we'd see a montage of him getting his his affairs in order, head shaved, final meal, seeing a priest, walking the green mile...
    we'd get a shot of ppl watching him getting strapped in for lethal injection w. all the major supporting characters in attendance, Deb front and center surrounded by grown up versions of his kids and as the music wound down we'd finally see Dexter, visibly older but perfectly calm. As the sodium thiopental, pancuronium bromide, potassium chloride hit his veins the theme song ends we fade to black.

I'd Cap the marvel Netflix shows at 6 EP each