Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default List 1 or 2 shows and the changes you would make if you were in charge.

List 1 or 2 shows that you watch (or used to watch) and what changes you would make to them if you were in charge of running the show.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

"How I Met Your Mother" - End the series after the train station scene at the end of season 8, and have a funny coda of Ted talking to his now-adult children on the sofa. Season 9 sucked, and anyway the mission of the show was to describe how Ted met the mother, not what happened after. That could maybe be considered for a spinoff.

"Heroes" - Drop Sylar after his season 1 defeat, at least for several seasons. With season 2 bring the powered people together to create an informal, ever-shifting team that stays out of public view. At the end of seasons 2 or 3, the public becomes aware of them and the story shifts accordingly. Try to recreate what might happen if superheroes were revealed to exist in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    "How I Met Your Mother" - End the series after the train station scene at the end of season 8, and have a funny coda of Ted talking to his now-adult children on the sofa. Season 9 sucked, and anyway the mission of the show was to describe how Ted met the mother, not what happened after. That could maybe be considered for a spinoff.
    ^^^sooooo much this.

I would have had Rachel get on the plane, and a Flash forward montage of all The Friends doing okay;
    Phoebe and Mike walking in the City,
    Monica and Chandler each w. a baby goofing around,
    Joey on set, finishing a scene and happy as he and the cast/crew celebrate.

And of course, Ross at the museum, kinda wistful and then a pretty lady catches his eye and they smile at each other. Rachel meanwhile is happily taking Emma for a stroll in Paris.

Ross and Rachel didn’t belong together by the end of the show no matter how much the others kept pushing them to keep trying.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Ross and Rachel didn’t belong together by the end of the show no matter how much the others kept pushing them to keep trying.
    Completely agree. And Ross' son Ben deserved to have his daddy close by and in his life - not in Paris.

I'd have redone the last 3 seasons of Dexter.

it would have ended w. the opening theme song playing, only this time Dexter'd be waking up on his last day on death row and we'd see a montage of him getting his his affairs in order, head shaved, final meal, seeing a priest, walking the green mile...
    we'd get a shot of ppl watching him getting strapped in for lethal injection w. all the major supporting characters in attendance, Deb front and center surrounded by grown up versions of his kids and as the music wound down we'd finally see Dexter, visibly older but perfectly calm. As the sodium thiopental, pancuronium bromide, potassium chloride hit his veins the theme song ends we fade to black.

I'd Cap the marvel Netflix shows at 6 EP each

Supernatural - I'd have ended the show with season 5.
    X-Men: The Animated Show - Get better animation.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Extraordinary Member

Arrow Season 3: Instead of having Olly just survive being stabbed and thrown off a mountain and then playing the regular Batman story through, I’d start the second half of the season with Malcolm Merlyn revealing he recovered Olly’s dying body (and admitting outright he didn’t expect Olly to win and the whole thing with Thea was an excuse to get his two biggest enemies to fight each other regardless)... and then either injecting Olly’s body with a Mirakuru derivative or using a Lazarus Pit, so he could resurrect Olly as his own weapon afterwards. I’d make a minor arc be about trying to test Merlyn’s control of Olly by sending him after Slade’s family and releasing Slade to try and stop him. The. The team frees Olly, banished Malcolm for a while, and then we get a more chaotic fight with Ra’s where Olly’s purely a scrappy underdog for it.

Flash: sometime after Season One, possibly as early as Season 2, I’d have a second actor show up playing an older, time-traveling version of Wally West to act as a good mentor to Barry, with the irony being Barry then trains younger Wally afterwards. And possibly have the older Wally join Legends of Tomorrow. Just in general, I think embracing the idea of legacy with Wally and Barry is a great idea.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Boisterously Confused

An oldie. There would never have been an extra season of (the original) Magnum, PI. Thomas would have walked into his afterlife, with perhaps a visit or two as a spirit, to oversee the supporting cast tying loose ends in some TV movie specials.

Babylon 5: I would have recast Sinclair w/Boxleitner, rather than replacing Sinclair w/Sheridan. All else would have continued as filmed, except "War Without End." That I would have folded into a 3-Part "Sleeping In The Light" episode, with Sinclair and Delenn's son, David, being the one who travels in time to become Valen. Delenn thus becomes not a child of Valen, but his Madonna. (all that said, JMS did amazing work)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Buffy- killed Spike at the end of season 4
    Angel- Dropped the entire Evil pregnant Cordy storyline in season 4 and have her still be a regular in season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Supernatural - I'd have ended the show with season 5.
    Agreed. Or, if you didn't end at 5, at least plan out a couple of seasons of a new story arc.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Buffy- killed Spike at the end of season 4
    Angel- Dropped the entire Evil pregnant Cordy storyline in season 4 and have her still be a regular in season 5
    They could not have dropped that storyline as the actress was actually pregnant in real life at the time they shot the episodes...and Supernatural was originally supposed to end after like season 5...

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

simpsons: rehire as much of the original writing staff as possible, revive troy mcclure

family guy: have seth macfarlane return to writing

Ultimate Member

Well if they brought back Troy McClure they'd have to get a new actor to voice him as Phil Hartman was killed by his wife years ago...

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

yeah just get billy west to do it

plus they didnt kill him off like maude or ms. krabappel so no need for any retcons or what not beyond a throwaway line for his absence