Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    If WB really understood why Black Panther was so huge, they would easily capitalize on the Milestone characters, as opposed to (presumably) "race swap" Superman. Static, Icon/Rocket and Hardware could all be HUGE with the black community and set them apart from Marvel's comic universe. Unfortunately, they clearly do not understand why BP made over $1 billion, so here we are.
    And then hired a writer who has turned in a...divisive at best run of Black Panther comics.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    And then hired a writer who has turned in a...divisive at best run of Black Panther comics.
    How has his run on Captain America been?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Non-existant compared to Remender and Spencer.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I don't hear as much about that one in comparison to BP, but response doesn't seem too enthusiastic.

I think he brought Peggy back and sent Steve to jail, and that's it?

I read somewhere that this writer said he doesn't like Superman...

bad bad sign. I have no desire to watch black Superman. I would if he was set up in a traditional Superman multiverse story. But an standalone? Meh. Minus zero interest. I'm sure it will be a totally political, woke Superman story. Sounds super boring.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I read somewhere that this writer said he doesn't like Superman...

bad bad sign. I have no desire to watch black Superman. I would if he was set up in a traditional Superman multiverse story. But an standalone? Meh. Minus zero interest. I'm sure it will be a totally political, woke Superman story. Sounds super boring.
    That quote you may have read was from a Vulture interview that he did back in 2015. That was more than five years ago. Are you insinuating that human beings aren't allowed to change their minds; to grow and evolve over a period of time? Have you ever changed your mind about things over the past five years?

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    That quote you may have read was from a Vulture interview that he did back in 2015. That was more than five years ago. Are you insinuating that human beings aren't allowed to change their minds; to grow and evolve over a period of time? Have you ever changed your mind about things over the past five years?

Zack Snyder also didn't want to do Superman because he felt he was too simplistic for him. And he changed him to his mold. It divided the fandom.

Coates
    You are mostly a Marvel fan, but what DC stuff have you read? None. I don’t know why I don’t read DC. I don’t even have a good argument. Here’s what I’ll say: For reasons right or wrong, you’ll see the lead character for DC is Superman. So, truth, justice, and the American way. And, not even consciously, I just kind of said, Hmm, maybe not. Then you pick up X-Men, right, and you see all these weirdos and freaks, you know? And you think, Oh, man, that kind of rings true for me. When I was a kid, I didn’t even think of Peter Parker as white. It didn’t even occur to m
    He didn't even say he hated Superman, He didn't even have a bs reason for hating DC either. He said was just a Marvel fan.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-01-2021 at 10:56 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The interview doesn't mention that he hates Superman but he also admits he didn't read DC Comics.

Sooooooo... we're back at square one?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The interview doesn't mention that he hates Superman but he also admits he didn't read DC Comics.

Superman is huge cultural figure do you think he never saw Superman movie and TV shows?

If he doesn't find Superman interesting or DC, he should do Marvel. I think it's important that the next filmmaker, writer likes Superman and his mythology. Bryan Singer only really like Donner Superman, and Snyder likes Watchmen and Batman. We need someone who likes Superman for who he is and his values.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    In the jungle while hunting the King Wakanda finds a white baby , the King raise the baby as his son. It is fiction, yes I think white character could be black panther but I explain Asian or Latino version would be better because you could adapt it differently.

Funny, this is the story of an actual BP character called "White Wolf" aka Hunter, who is T'Challa's adoptive White brother.

Zack Snyder also didn't want to do Superman because he felt he was too simplistic for him. And he changed him to his mold. It divided the fandom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

If he doesn't find Superman interesting or DC, he should do Marvel. I think it's important that the next filmmaker, writer likes Superman and his mythology. Bryan Singer only really like Donner Superman, and Snyder likes Watchmen and Batman. We need someone who likes Superman for who he is and his values.
    You are comparing apples to oranges.

Ta-Nehisi Coates is a former national correspondent for The Atlantic. In other words, he's a real-life Clark Kent. Research is his superpower. For all of the Superman stories that he may not have read in his youth, I think he'll make up for it.

Mighty Member

Frank Miller really was toxic for DC. He wrote a deconstruction of the Batman character with TDKR and since 1986 creators in shows movies and comics feel like writing a deconstruction of other characters like Superman/Batman etc. instead of going back to what made them popular in the first place. Christopher Nolan same thing. Look at Superman 1978 for inspiration. Bryan Singer even tried to get it right with Superman Returns by using Superman and Superman II as a base. Enough deconstructing. Just keep the essence of the characters please.

You are comparing apples to oranges.

Ta-Nehisi Coates is a former national correspondent for The Atlantic. In other words, he's a real-life Clark Kent. Research is his superpower. For all of the Superman stories that he may not have read in his youth, I think he'll make up for it.
    I'm not necessarily sure if I can expect Coates to get Supes though, unless his research really hits him.