Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Why not, all depends on how they cook it. If it was the first Superman movie I would want them to stay truer to the source material, but we have had 3 movie Supermen in the last 50 years and a few TV ones as well. Why not a different take?
    I think Jonathan Majors from Lovecraft Country would make a good Clark / Kal
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Let this project get pass the production phase before getting worked up about it. It has enough juice behind of it to be made but stuff like this die all the time.
    The sad part is that this is very true. What I find crazy is that with WB/DC competing with Disney/Marvel is that they aren't playing to their own strengths which is taking risks and making elseworld stories. If this was marketed as an elseworld story about Calvin Ellis, which is not canon to the main universe, I think it wouldn't get bashed as much but would create more intrigue because we haven't seen that story on screen before and most people don't even know Calvin Ellis exists and has been Superman for years.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I saw Superman reboot and thought to myself. "Maybe. It certainly couldn't do any worse than the last few movies."

Then I saw Black Superman, and that killed any interest I had.

Why can't they let Superman just be Superman?
    I imagine this will be Val-zod not clark kent and because they want to get a black panther box office...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I been a superhero and comic book fan for a large majority of my life. I am also black and I never really cared about the race of the heroes I really liked or admire Spider Man is the main one I gravitated to in my early years. Then as I got older, I saw more heroes that looked like me and thought it was very cool ( Blade, Static Shock, Luke Cage, Black Panther etc).

It's always disheartening when SOME fellow comic book fans take issue with minority characters or even just multiverse/ alternate characters of very popular characters. Like when Miles Morales was first introduced in 2011, as a Spider Man fan and being African American I was stoked. Sure, I still love Peter and he would always be the OG, but I didn't see the harm in an multiverse spider man that was non white. As long as the OG characters are in the mainline what is the harm is my question. Spider man's race never plays a role into who he is, he literally could be anyone under the mask. Hell, there is even a moment in the comics from a few years ago where Peter/ Spider Man says this to some racist thugs.

Anyway, I do like Super Man and I think Henry Cavill SHOULD stay on as the main Super Man in DC cinematic universe. I don't see the harm in introducing elseworlds stories in the DC universe like Joker and the upcoming Matt Reeves Batman film that can feature different takes on iconic characters. So I would be down for a Elseworlds Superman movie with a black Superman.
    It basically is as simple this.

If it's going to be a black Superman- do Calvin Ellis or any other black Superman in the comics.

I don't really care for a race bent Clark Kent. But I also fundamentally reject that racist argument that Superman can only be white.
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-26-2021 at 02:21 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

More than the casting or replacing Clark, regardless if we get a black Superman, apparently Coates hasn't endeared himself to the Black Panther fandom.

We might be in a bit of trouble lol.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

White...black...hispanic...asian whatever race I don't care.

I. Am. So. Damn. Tired. Of. Superman. Projects.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    This isn't about race to me. I want Superman to look like Superman. I don't want a black Superman anymore than i want a midget Superman, an incredibly fat Superman, or a red haired Superman with a prosthetic hand and a glass eye.
    You basically said being black is analogous to having a disability which is problematic.

Gonna laugh if Flashpoint just makes Clark Kent Black. I think it could be interesting. What if the Kent's weren't some farm couple but that Old sweet black grandma who lives in projects surrounded by Gangs but still the sweetest lady ever. Anyonr who grew up like that knows the type I'm talking about. Or the Kent's could stay exactly the same and just adopt a black kid. But I think Coates is gonna wanna ground it in more black issues. So probably not rural Kansas. Anyway I wouldn't have done this, some characters are too iconic. But I'm open to it and like other have said this might not even be Kal-El.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    White...black...hispanic...asian whatever race I don't care.

I. Am. So. Damn. Tired. Of. Superman. Projects.
    He hasn't really gotten a lot of attention compared to other heroes though. We have the Christopher Reeves films, Lois and Clark show, Smallville show, Superman Returns, Man of Steel, Batman VS Superman, appearances in the SuperGirl show and now the new CW show. Most of the Super Man content has had year gaps between each ( many years in fact).
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 02-26-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Did someone ask about a fat Superman?

Last edited by Kirby101; 02-26-2021 at 02:35 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

He hasn't really gotten a lot of attention compared to other heroes though. We have the Christopher Reeves films, Lois and Clark show, Smallville show, Superman Returns, Man of Steel, Batman VS Superman, and now the new CW show. Most of the Super Man content has had year gaps between each ( many years in fact).
    Also when some of the content is Superman III and Superman IV, who is even watching it anyway?

Do they count if nobody cares they exist? I'd say Superman gets around the right amount of content for his stature as a character, it's more the varying quality that is debatable. Batman gets way too much and everyone else at DC gets far too little.

I wonder if we will get the Black Soul Sister Lois?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

He hasn't really gotten a lot of attention compared to other heroes though. We have the Christopher Reeves films, Lois and Clark show, Smallville show, Superman Returns, Man of Steel, Batman VS Superman, appearances in the SuperGirl show and now the new CW show. Most of the Super Man content has had year gaps between each ( many years in fact).
    As well as Red Son, Death of Superman, Reign of the Supermen, Superman Man of Tomorrow, All Star Superman, Superman Unbound, Superman/Batman Public Enemies, Superman vs the Elite
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Also when some of the content is Superman III and Superman IV, who is even watching it anyway?

Do they count if nobody cares they exist? I'd say Superman gets around the right amount of content for his stature as a character, it's more the varying quality that is debatable. Batman gets way too much and everyone else at DC gets far too little.
    I love Batman but yea, DC is basically the Batman show with quest appearances from other heroes and villains lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I wonder if we will get the Black Soul Sister Lois?

SMH I remember my college professor did a whole debate about this issue of the comic.