Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Why streaming TV series seems to partially or not completely released on DVD

I'm wondering why Streaming TV series that doesn't released onto DVD or is partial released onto DVD?, I don't have Streaming TV that have the series that I like.

LW

Incredible Member

To make people keep the streaming service. If you want to see Wandavision again, you have to keep paying every month for the privilege. This gives the streamer a constant flow of money instead of a one time shot when a DVD is sold.
    Sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    To make people keep the streaming service. If you want to see Wandavision again, you have to keep paying every month for the privilege. This gives the streamer a constant flow of money instead of a one time shot when a DVD is sold.
    In the future, no one will own their entertainment, only subscriptions...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I prefer if it were available for digital download.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

They all seem to come out eventually, just not as soon as regular TV shows or films. For instance you can watch the first two seasons of Star Trek Discovery now and the third is set for Christmas, Picard just came out and the First season of the Mandalorian is due out this summer.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 03-20-2021 at 06:30 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    In the future, no one will own their entertainment, only subscriptions...
    Who owned their entertainment in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Everybody who wanted to? No one has taken my vhs tapes or dvds that I'm aware of.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Everybody who wanted to? No one has taken my vhs tapes or dvds that I'm aware of.
    You also don't own the movies on them

You also don't own the movies on them
    That's being more than just a little bit pedantic don't you think?

The distinction being made is that with subscription services you're not guaranteed that the thing you want to watch will be there at any given time due to rights issues or whims of the streaming operators, but with physical media like dvds no one is stopping you from watching that thing you want once you buy it whether it be tomorrow or ten years from now so long as the dvd is in good condition and you have a working player.

Spectacular Member

The last post is what I feel for having DVD copies I want to able to watch the entire series you think Disney would be on top of releasing intire Marvel TV series like DD Punisher, Defenders and Jessica Jones.

LW

BANNED

So suppose you personally owned the 20th highest grossing streaming series in history, as well as the company that streams it. Your market research shows that you would make 40% on DVD sales than you do on streaming subscriptions. What decisions would you make?

I own books, dvds, blu-rays, etc. So I own at least some of mine.

BANNED

I own books, dvds, blu-rays, etc. So I own at least some of mine.
    No, you own the media they are published on.

So suppose you personally owned the 20th highest grossing streaming series in history, as well as the company that streams it. Your market research shows that you would make 40% on DVD sales than you do on streaming subscriptions. What decisions would you make?
    Suppose I'm just a consumer who wants to know I can always watch my favorite movie or series when I want to no matter what happens with a streaming service - why should I care about the question you've posed?

We know why they don't release these things physically - doesn't mean we should like it, or that we can't complain and wish otherwise so we could own a copy.

BANNED

Suppose I'm just a consumer who wants to know I can always watch my favorite movie or series when I want to no matter what happens with a streaming service - why should I care about the question you've posed?

We know why they don't release these things physically - doesn't mean we should like it, or that we can't complain and wish otherwise so we could own a copy.
    The question is what you actually own, and the distinction is fundamentally important.