Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Earth AFTER Infinite Crisis?

I've always referred to New Earth as Post Crisis to Pre Flashpoint 1986-2011. But apparently New Earth came after Infinite crisis.

So what was the Earth before Infinite crisis?

And what about the characters like Superman, Batman, Flash, Power Girl and Wonder Woman etc. Are they all still the New Earth characters?

Quote Originally Posted by HarimaRumble View Post
    I've always referred to New Earth as Post Crisis to Pre Flashpoint 1986-2011. But apparently New Earth came after Infinite crisis.

So what was the Earth before Infinite crisis?

And what about the characters like Superman, Batman, Flash, Power Girl and Wonder Woman etc. Are they all still the New Earth characters?
    New Earth came after Crisis on Infinite Earth. Infinite Crisis brought back the Multiverse but it didn't change the earth. New Earth remained (well, technically it was Earth 1 again due to the Multiverse being back) until the Flashpoint event changed it to Earth 0 aka Prime Earth.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    New Earth came after Crisis on Infinite Earth. Infinite Crisis brought back the Multiverse but it didn't change the earth. New Earth remained (well, technically it was Earth 1 again due to the Multiverse being back) until the Flashpoint event changed it to Earth 0 aka Prime Earth.
    So Post crisis Superman, Batman, Power Girl etc and New Earth Superman, Batman, Power Girl etc. Are the same people?

So Post crisis Superman, Batman, Power Girl etc and New Earth Superman, Batman, Power Girl etc. Are the same people?
    yes. there are some characters who survived the crisis that technically predate New Earth, and some other weird multiverse shenanigans, but for the most part everyone post-crisis are New Earth characters up until Flashpoint/Earth 0.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

yes. there are some characters who survived the crisis that technically predate New Earth, and some other weird multiverse shenanigans, but for the most part everyone post-crisis are New Earth characters up until Flashpoint/Earth 0.
    That makes sense.

By crisis you mean Crisis on Infinite Earth (Pre-Crisis) right? Which characters survived the crisis?

That makes sense.

By crisis you mean Crisis on Infinite Earth (Pre-Crisis) right? Which characters survived the crisis?
    yeah I'm referring to CoIE. i mean i don't remember all of them since I'm a newer fan (maybe 5-6 years consistently reading) but i'm working on a fandom wiki so I do deep dives into the lore. the big ones i know of are the guys who cause Infinite Crisis (Superboy from Earth Prime [later known as Superboy Prime], Superman of Earth 2, Lex of Earth 3) but iirc I think most of the major players (Superman, Batman, etc) from Earth 1 technically survive the crisis but their origins were adjusted to fit New Earth's consolidated history.

I know some characters are also affected by Zero Hour: A Crisis in Time, but Zero Hour wasn't a huge game changer it was more to further make the elements from before crisis fit the new universe.

currently following:

yeah I'm referring to CoIE. i mean i don't remember all of them since I'm a newer fan (maybe 5-6 years consistently reading) but i'm working on a fandom wiki so I do deep dives into the lore. the big ones i know of are the guys who cause Infinite Crisis (Superboy from Earth Prime [later known as Superboy Prime], Superman of Earth 2, Lex of Earth 3) but iirc I think most of the major players (Superman, Batman, etc) from Earth 1 technically survive the crisis but their origins were adjusted to fit New Earth's consolidated history.

I know some characters are also affected by Zero Hour: A Crisis in Time, but Zero Hour wasn't a huge game changer it was more to further make the elements from before crisis fit the new universe.
    What do you mean by Earth 1? Isn’t that New Earth.

What do you mean by Earth 1? Isn’t that New Earth.
    oh my fault, I should've clarified. Earth 1 is the designation of the main Earth pre-CoIE. after the Crisis, the Multiverse collapsed down into singular earth and that earth is New Earth. the main character who were part of the crisis event, and thus not part if the consolidation, were from Earth 1 (the main DC heroes) and once the event was over they became a part of New Earth.

because they were from Earth 1 that's why we got things like Zero Hour to adjust certain character to make them fit better in New Earth. here's the flow chart:

Earth 1 & the Multiverse >>>>>(Crisis on Infinite Earths)>>New Earth, no multiverse>>>>>(Zero Hour; new origins same earth)>>still New Earth, no Multiverse>>>>>(Infinite Crisis)>>New Earth & the Multiverse>>>>>(Flashpoint)>>Earth 0 & new Multiverse>>>>>>

so what I meant to say earlier was New Earth was technically "Earth 1" again after Infinite Crisis due to the Multiverse being back but it was still New Earth
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-26-2021 at 02:07 PM.

currently following:

oh my fault, I should've clarified. Earth 1 is the designation of the main Earth pre-CoIE. after the Crisis, the Multiverse collapsed down into singular earth and that earth is New Earth. the main character who were part of the crisis event, and thus not part if the consolidation, were from Earth 1 (the main DC heroes) and once the event was over they became a part of New Earth.

because they were from Earth 1 that's why we got things like Zero Hour to adjust certain character to make them fit better in New Earth. here's the flow chart:

Earth 1 & the Multiverse >>>>>(Crisis on Infinite Earths)>>New Earth, no multiverse>>>>>(Zero Hour; new origins same earth)>>still New Earth, no Multiverse>>>>>(Infinite Crisis)>>New Earth & the Multiverse>>>>>(Flashpoint)>>Earth 0 & new Multiverse>>>>>>

so what I meant to say earlier was New Earth was technically "Earth 1" again after Infinite Crisis due to the Multiverse being back but it was still New Earth
    You’re right about Earth 2 Superman, Earth 3 Alexander Luthor and Superboy Prime surviving Pre Crisis.

But Post Crisis Superman doesn’t remember Pre-Crisis. I thought Post Crisis Superman was different to Pre-Crisis Superman?

This is really informative. Thanks for the flowchart btw.
    Last edited by HarimaRumble; 02-26-2021 at 02:45 PM.

You’re right about Earth 2 Superman, Earth 3 Alexander Luthor and Superboy Prime surviving Pre Crisis.

But Post Crisis Superman doesn’t remember Pre-Crisis. I thought Post Crisis Superman was different to Pre-Crisis Superman?

This is really informative. Thanks for the flowchart btw.
    I'm unclear on how they explained it, I'm mainly pulling knowledge from the top of my head, but I believe for a while the implication was that once they integrated into New Earth, their history and memory began to change over time to match up with the new reality they were in; since New Earth now had to combine the histories of characters that were once on different earths like the JSA. Zero Hour, and i believe some other stories but mainly Zero Hour, saw their history and memory fully re-adjusted to fit New Earth. so think of it like, between CoIE and Zero Hour the Earth 1 heroes who were outside of the collapse were semi-intergrated into New Earth but after Zero Hour everyone is pretty much 100% New Earth with definitive timelines and new origins etc. generally when there is a reboot everyone's memory is restarted to fit the new timeline of the new earth.

now however, after Death Metal, everyone has access to their past lives from previous reboots. how that will work practically is yet to be seen.

currently following:

I'm unclear on how they explained it, I'm mainly pulling knowledge from the top of my head, but I believe for a while the implication was that once they integrated into New Earth, their history and memory began to change over time to match up with the new reality they were in; since New Earth now had to combine the histories of characters that were once on different earths like the JSA. Zero Hour, and i believe some other stories but mainly Zero Hour, saw their history and memory fully re-adjusted to fit New Earth. so think of it like, between CoIE and Zero Hour the Earth 1 heroes who were outside of the collapse were semi-intergrated into New Earth but after Zero Hour everyone is pretty much 100% New Earth with definitive timelines and new origins etc. generally when there is a reboot everyone's memory is restarted to fit the new timeline of the new earth.

now however, after Death Metal, everyone has access to their past lives from previous reboots. how that will work practically is yet to be seen.
    Is that why Post Crisis Superman doesn’t remember Pre Crisis. Because Pre Crisis Superman was rebooted to become Post Crisis Superman.

The only Hero that truly survives Pre-Crisis is Powergirl who remembers her true origin which is Earth-2. That’s why Post Crisis Superman doesn’t remember Power Girl at all and thought she was his cousin Super Girl.
    Last edited by HarimaRumble; 02-26-2021 at 03:35 PM.

The only Hero that truly survives Pre-Crisis is Powergirl who remembers her true origin which is Earth-2.
    Well, she was Atlantean for a bit. But most seem to prefer to forget that. Don't blame them.

Is that why Post Crisis Superman doesn’t remember Pre Crisis. Because Pre Crisis Superman was rebooted to become Post Crisis Superman.

The only Hero that truly survives Pre-Crisis is Powergirl who remembers her true origin which is Earth-2. That’s why Post Crisis Superman doesn’t remember Power Girl at all and thought she was his cousin Super Girl.
    I knew I there was someone I couldn't remember! but yeah, I believe that's the reason he doesn't remember pre-Crisis.

Power girl was weird, because I believe she was technically not that particular Superman's cousin. post and pre-crisis, she was Earth 2 Superman's cousin; Earth 1/New Earth's Kara was always Supergirl, while Earth 2 Kara became Powergirl.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-26-2021 at 03:53 PM.

currently following:

I knew I there was someone I couldn't remember! but yeah, I believe that's the reason he doesn't remember pre-Crisis.

Power girl was weird, because I believe she was technically new that Superman's cousin post or pre-crisis, she was Earth 2 Superman's cousin; Earth 1/New Earth's Kara was always Supergirl, while Earth 2 Kara became Powergirl.
    Is it because Superman doesn’t remember the old multiverse. DC comics did not use the multiverse for many years after Crisis on Infinite Earths (COIE). Then Infinite Crisis happened. The multiverse was reintroduced by DC?
    Last edited by HarimaRumble; 02-26-2021 at 04:02 PM.

Is it because Superman doesn’t remember the old multiverse. DC comics did not use the multiverse for many years after Crisis on Infinite Earths (COIE). Then Infinite Crisis happened. The multiverse was reintroduced by DC?
    eeeeh yes and no, like I said Power Girl is weird.

Superman didn't remember the Multiverse, this is true, but again that technically the New Earth Superman (formerly Earth 1 Superman) hasn't her cousin because she was originally from Earth 2, making her cousin the Superman that was with Superboy Prime and Alexander Luther.

post-Crisis, DC had to be included due to her history eing tied to the other Earth 2 characters (who were now part of New Earth), but DC also didn't want her to be affiliated with Superman or being a Kryptonian due to a weird editorial thing where they wanted Clark to be the last Kryptonian again. the problem is they did a bunch of weird story things with Power Girl to make that happen. that's why she stayed Power Girl even tho there was an opening to be Supergirl, because it was a more detached brand.

post-Crisis, when they were adjusting pre-crisis Earth 1 Superman's origins and timeline to fit New Earth, they didn't include her as his cousin and they didn't include him having a cousin at all (since Supergirl died during CoIE and, again, they wanted him to be the last Kryptonian) until much later. this is why he doesn't remember Power Girl as his cousin. i believe there is a moment from Infinite Crisis where Earth 2 Superman reminds her he's her actual cousin.

currently following: